I can't take it anymore

I still fail to understand why you come to this site to complain about what people talk about. Let me guess, you are one of those Rangers fans who go to Devils games just to sit there and go, "Look at that dump-in...they are so boring!"

:lol:

I love how Rangers fans think attendance and media exposure is more important than the Stanley Cup. I guess we are all happy then, they can keep their names in the papers, we will just keep hoisting the Cup.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn down the sound - that's what I always did. It was just by luck that the Devils got Doc and I could stand listening to a game --

and Chico... you have to understand -- Chico was the first Islander ripped away from me in my youth :saddevil: then the whole team was torn assunder back in the day, and I in turn left hockey, dissolutioned.

But the Devils brought hockey in all it's glory back for me -- and threw in Chico to boot! :wub:

What's this Rangers team I'm always hearing about?

:argh: Hey guys and gals, I'm new here and don't know how to start new topics, or if they're valid enough to start etc, but I just checked out TSN power rankings and

how the frig are the Rangers all the way up to 2nd ???? they lost like 4 out of the last 6 or something like that ????? Maybe Glenn Sather pays the editor over

there ?????????????//

:argh: Hey guys and gals, I'm new here and don't know how to start new topics, or if they're valid enough to start etc, but I just checked out TSN power rankings and

how the frig are the Rangers all the way up to 2nd ???? they lost like 4 out of the last 6 or something like that ????? Maybe Glenn Sather pays the editor over

there ?????????????//

1. try the new topic button in the top right hand corner

2. The ranking came out on Monday prior to the canes game. Supposedly TSN does the Rankings based on a formula including a lot of stats and not using subjective judgment

1. try the new topic button in the top right hand corner

2. The ranking came out on Monday prior to the canes game. Supposedly TSN does the Rankings based on a formula including a lot of stats and not using subjective judgment

Thanks, and actually its probably not worth a topic as they are 4-3 in their last 7 , not good enough for the jump but better than I thought, I went to the Rangers website to see their record, and there was a poll there asking what ranger fans like more, the Rangers beating the Devils or the Islanders, funny only 19% Ranger fans liked to see them beat us.....maybe they arent as bad as I thought :evil:

I don't know about the rest of you but if I were playing int he NHL, I was a young player and a few guys were trying to test me I would knock their teeth out any which way I could. Not only will that guy think twice before trying to hit you again but people around the league will be reluctant to take free runs at you.

I see nothing wrong with what Prucha did. Thats the type of penalty that a team will kill for the smaller guy. It also get the guys pumped up.

In terms of Rangers bashing on this board, I think its silly to be honest, especially Gomez and Holik hatred. Lou is the same guy who sent prominant NHL'er to the AHL to save cap space and low balled Gomez and Holik for years. They got a better offer, deal with it. While I really don't like the Rangers set up as much as Philly's I still respect them.

I don't know about the rest of you but if I were playing int he NHL, I was a young player and a few guys were trying to test me I would knock their teeth out any which way I could. Not only will that guy think twice before trying to hit you again but people around the league will be reluctant to take free runs at you.

I see nothing wrong with what Prucha did. Thats the type of penalty that a team will kill for the smaller guy. It also get the guys pumped up.

In terms of Rangers bashing on this board, I think its silly to be honest, especially Gomez and Holik hatred. Lou is the same guy who sent prominant NHL'er to the AHL to save cap space and low balled Gomez and Holik for years. They got a better offer, deal with it. While I really don't like the Rangers set up as much as Philly's I still respect them.

Loc: Donkin, Nova Scotia

yeah, you'd know a lot about the Rangers. the board goes overboard with Gomez and Holik hate, but I think I'd be disappointed if it didn't. Just about everyone here was glad to see Gomez go, and knew he was gone.

wtf at 'that's the type of penalty that a team will kill for the smaller guy' - so they're not trying on the rest of their penalty kills? I understand the concept of a good penalty, but this logic has always amused me.

Prucha will be hit a lot - he'll definitely be the NHL equivalent of posterized. He's small and he's not fast enough to avoid hits. Brylin took them for years and still does.

Loc: Donkin, Nova Scotia

yeah, you'd know a lot about the Rangers. the board goes overboard with Gomez and Holik hate, but I think I'd be disappointed if it didn't. Just about everyone here was glad to see Gomez go, and knew he was gone.

wtf at 'that's the type of penalty that a team will kill for the smaller guy' - so they're not trying on the rest of their penalty kills? I understand the concept of a good penalty, but this logic has always amused me.

Prucha will be hit a lot - he'll definitely be the NHL equivalent of posterized. He's small and he's not fast enough to avoid hits. Brylin took them for years and still does.

Tri, I don't hate any team. I think this rivalry stuff is way overblown, I like hockey and the Devils just seem to be the team I picked in the early 90's. When grown men start fights with other grown men over entertainment something is wrong.

Its really hard to explain, as a player you know a bad penalty where it sucks the energy out of the bench. That would be an offensive zone hooking penalty or a lazy trip. You never seem to kill those ones. When you see a guy like Prucha elbow a dirty player like Neil all the guys on the bench are happy and get pumped up making it easier to kill. Its not a science why it happens it just does.

Prucha playing a little dirty will give him some space. Back in the old days it would be an elbow or a heavy slash to the knees. They would think twice about taking runs.

Brylin took them for years and still does.

I was gonna mention this, but got sidetracked by my hatred for Jim Jackson and Steve Coates.

Any time you watch one of the NHL huge body check montages, Sarge is on the receiving end of half the hits. And he's still a clean player, he's still an everyday NHLer, and he still gets a huge ovation every time his name is announced in New Jersey. No need to get the elbow up like Prucha, and there's certainly no need to defend it like Sam and that other d-bag in the booth with him.

Which all just goes to prove my theory that German people love David Hasselhoff.

Tri, I don't hate any team. I think this rivalry stuff is way overblown, I like hockey and the Devils just seem to be the team I picked in the early 90's. When grown men start fights with other grown men over entertainment something is wrong.

I understand that and agree. However, you don't live in this area. You don't see the advertisments on TV for the Rangers, the media coverage for the Rangers, people at work/school who are Rangers fans busting your balls, etc.

Its really hard to explain, as a player you know a bad penalty where it sucks the energy out of the bench. That would be an offensive zone hooking penalty or a lazy trip. You never seem to kill those ones. When you see a guy like Prucha elbow a dirty player like Neil all the guys on the bench are happy and get pumped up making it easier to kill. Its not a science why it happens it just does.

I don't believe it happens to the extent you think it does. You're just applying selection bias. While I certainly think teams are more apt to kill off 'good' penalties and less apt to kill 'bad' ones, I don't think it's a huge percentage.

Prucha playing a little dirty will give him some space. Back in the old days it would be an elbow or a heavy slash to the knees. They would think twice about taking runs.

Thanks to the 2 ref system, this garbage is gone - Chris Neil can take lots of runs at Petr Prucha, and I will enjoy every one.

This whole problem with smaller guys like Prucha having to get their elbows up to protect themselves from big goons like Neil can be traced back to one stupid rule ...

The Instigator.

Get rid of this insanity, and you'll finally be able to see your goon (like Orr in NY) make Neil take his medicine for hitting his smaller guys. No more dirty elbows. More fights. More accountability. Less chicken-sh!t wussy tough guy wannabes taking runs at little guys. In other words ... Better Hockey.

You listening, Gary?

This whole problem with smaller guys like Prucha having to get their elbows up to protect themselves from big goons like Neil can be traced back to one stupid rule ...

The Instigator.

Get rid of this insanity, and you'll finally be able to see your goon (like Orr in NY) make Neil take his medicine for hitting his smaller guys. No more dirty elbows. More fights. More accountability. Less chicken-sh!t wussy tough guy wannabes taking runs at little guys. In other words ... Better Hockey.

You listening, Gary?

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

There are way more 'finesse' players now than there were during the days of no instigator. instigator or not, those types of players got pounded at the net and destroyed along the boards by bigger players.

Prucha wouldn't be in the NHL pre 2005.