GDT: Boston Bruins @ NEW JERSEY - 7 p.m.

NJCroMag

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone's back.

The Bruins' first three goals were kinda fluky - only one was off the kind of play the defense could prevent, and they were seeing eye shots. Sure enough, Julien has his guys sit back, and they get steamrolled.

Dennis Wideman cannot play 30 minutes a night for a playoff team.

Kind of a shame that Thomas couldn't finish out the game. I think he's overrated and having a Huet-like season, but who knows if he stops that shot or not.

The captain didn't get it (nor did he have that good a game), but Elias was fired up when the score was 3-0 Bruins - he felt it tonight. It's going to keep going.

Elias has had a couple of these games this year (Atlanta, Pittsburgh) but I've never been half as encouraged as I was after tonight and seeing his post-game interview...the boy has his swagger back. He was feisty :blink::lol: And that OT play with Parise was reminscent of some of the Elias-Sykora classics from the A-line days.

The funny thing is even in the midst of a terrible start, he still has had three or four games where he was the difference and he was one tonight for sure.

Edited by Hasan4978

I don't know if this was mentioned yet or not, but that save marty made on Kessel in the second when they were already down 3-0 was the turning point IMO.

Chico mentioned that several times, as well as Doc :boogie:

Elias has had a couple of these games this year (Atlanta, Pittsburgh) but I've never been half as encouraged as I was after tonight and seeing his post-game interview...the boy has his swagger back. He was feisty :blink::lol: And that OT play with Parise was reminscent of some of the Elias-Sykora classics from the A-line days.

The funny thing is even in the midst of a terrible start, he still has had three or four games where he was the difference and he was one tonight for sure.

I admired Elias' honesty in that postgame interview with Stan.

Elias is a true Devil.

There's a certain hushed silence around here - perhaps it's awe, or shock, or mere wonder.. but yes, this is a good team.

They sure are. It gets to a point where you have to say that the reason why they are winning is because they really are a good team. Sure you need some good luck and gotta get the bounces but 8 in a row is enough for me.

The coaching staff has really done a fantastic job imo and it's fitting that this win came against Julien because this game really showed the difference between this years team and last years team. There is competition amongst the players, especially on D, and I think it has helped elevate everyones game to be honest. They just keep plugging away. Instead of waiting for things to happen, they are going out there an making things happen, and that is the biggest difference between Sutter and Julien.

I'm really happy for Elias though. He has really gotten the raw deal over the last year and it was nice to see him be the difference tonight. You could tell in the post game show that the C meant a lot to him. I never had a problem with him as captain but in the long run he just might be better off without it. He really is the difference between this team being good and elite, well except for that #1 d-man of course.

still cant believe it, did you guys actually see Sutter, Johnny Mac and Robinson celebrate. I dont think I will ever see Sutter get so happy again.

i only saw sutter, but yes hes like lou, they never show emotion, it was scary cuz patrick actually made lou laugh once on the bench. scary aint it????????

but yeah it was exciting for the players and the fans, and the staff.

There's a certain hushed silence around here - perhaps it's awe, or shock, or mere wonder.. but yes, this is a good team.

it was that way in the arena tonight too until the 2nd goal. frankly, after 0-3, i said that the devils were due for a clunker but they really played well the last 40 minutes (regardless of the outcome).

i also think that you don't have a lot of people sucking Popsicles here because even though this streak is incredible, it's tough to think a team with mike motteau, sheldon brookbank, et. al being prominently featured could do real damage in the playoffs. then again, we really saw sutter lean on the top 6 forwards for the last 1/2 of the game which was fantastic to see for a change so perhaps the weak links can be hidden. it would also help if we had both top lines cranking at the same time. the last few its been elias-gio-parise...a while before that it was langs-zubrus-zajac. but i don't recall seeing both lines really cranking in the same game.

you yourself pointed out how the schedule has favored the devils during this streak where they were getting teams on long road trips and 3 games in 4 nights.

i think this is a 92-96 point team and should finish in the top 4 in the conference but i can't see them beating ottawa or even (gasp) the rangers if lundqvist is at the level he has been so far.

About Patty's postgame interview, who else saw it?

I wish I could remember what he said word for word. Maybe someone else can?

But basically, from what I recall, Patty admitted that it hurt losing the captaincy, said that he's just gotta keep playing hard, and -- oh yeah! -- he said something to the effect of: "maybe this will prove them wrong!"

I was surprised he was so honest! But I thought it was pretty cool.

Stan told him he admired the way he has handled it. And Patrick thanked him, saying he appreciated hearing that.

About Patty's postgame interview, who else saw it?

I wish I could remember what he said word for word. Maybe someone else can?

But basically, from what I recall, Patty admitted that it hurt losing the captaincy, said that he's just gotta keep playing hard, and -- oh yeah! -- he said something to the effect of: "maybe this will prove them wrong!"

I was surprised he was so honest! But I thought it was pretty cool.

Stan told him he admired the way he has handled it. And Patrick thanked him, saying he appreciated hearing that.

Wow....just WOW. This team is really starting to put something special together. To see them stick with the game down 3-0 and put forth such a solid effort the rest of the way was so great. I think we are all starting to think that we can make a run this year....... and now we are starting to establish that home ice advantage too.

Oh boy.....is it me....or is this bandwagon getting heavier and heavier?!? :boogie:

EIGHT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!