Langenbrunner to get the "C!"

Jake

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madden and Martin with A's? not bad i guess.. i would preferably say Madden and White but no big deal.. As for Jamie being captain - thats awesome, well deserved.. im sure everyone saw it coming, especially after sutter described him as being an important leader to the team in the 'quotebook' during a recent NJD telecast

I'd say he took it to heart...and his post game interview hinted at it...good for him though

I honestly don't see the difference between Elias' return and following streak then getting the "C" and what's happening with Langs...We've got good leaders on this team all contributing in their own way..there won't be another Stevens to lead the way he did so it's really a matter of who the coach wants or the type of leader he likes...it was pointless really to take away the "C" without judging himself but it happened...

Can't say I disagree with Langs getting the "C" but also didn't see any reason Sutter had himself for taking away from Patty..

in the end if it keeps a fire under Elias then good....prove 'em wrong..

I think sutter is a pretty good judge of character. ive personally never viewed patty as a captain type leader. hes good at leading on the scoresheet, but ive always gotten a somewhat "selfish" vibe from him.

and i guess thats why sutter is behind the bench and you're not. read this on a blog a couple months ago, cant find the website, but i cant remember a time when a euro captained a cup winner. just a thought

Im pretty stoked about this choice.

Sutter gave everyone a fair shot at the chance to be a captain. Elias had time to prove he had what it takes to be the C, and i guess he didnt.

Langs is such a positive player, he brings a positive attitude and a positive game, his impact on the team since his return has been excelent. He plays all aspects of the game well, and really makes a diffirence on the PP.

I hope the C dosnt have the same affect on Langs, im sure it wont.

Leave it to Elias to have a big game as soon as he isnt given Captain. I think that C was the kiss of death for him!!

Im proud of Jamie although last night I was getting worried the streak may get broken at his first game with the C

The point I'm trying to make though isn't whether or not Elias deserved/earned it and the same with Langs but the situation would be completely different, at least from my perspective, if Sutter had come in, gone through some preseason games and then decided the "C" wasn't for Elias and took it away...then decided that once the roster was healthy he would make a decision....but that's not how it went down...he came in and before the puck had dropped took the "C" away...and instead of saying wait for a healthy roster (because White was out too) he said wait until Langs comes back...that just, again from my perspective...and outsider because I know i have no internal ties, looks like he came in and wanted to put his stamp on the team so he took the "C" away, then waited specifically for Langs who hadn't played a game under him (and in my opinion should have some bearing on the decision) to give it to him....

again, Congrats to Langs, I'm glad he has it and it very well could've added too much pressure on Elias. If this is what he uses as motivation to kick some @$$ and take names, then good for him as well...

The point I'm trying to make though isn't whether or not Elias deserved/earned it and the same with Langs but the situation would be completely different, at least from my perspective, if Sutter had come in, gone through some preseason games and then decided the "C" wasn't for Elias and took it away...then decided that once the roster was healthy he would make a decision....but that's not how it went down...he came in and before the puck had dropped took the "C" away

Yes i see what your saying, but it doesnt make any sense. giving him the "c", then taking it away, thats a lot worse that not awarding it at all to start the year. everyone knew there would be changes seeing that the organization likely wanted to rid themselvs of the history with julien.

remember they also have the whole training camp to judge character and obviously they didnt like what they saw

Yes i see what your saying, but it doesnt make any sense. giving him the "c", then taking it away, thats a lot worse that not awarding it at all to start the year. everyone knew there would be changes seeing that the organization likely wanted to rid themselvs of the history with julien.

remember they also have the whole training camp to judge character and obviously they didnt like what they saw

Yeah I get your point but I never saw it as Julien giving him the C but rather Lou and if he had it through preseason it wouldn't have been giving it to him and then taking it away it would be him having kept it then take it away which is a minor difference....

and that's part of my beef...from everyone out of the Devils organization, whether being PC or not, has said how Elias is a leader on and off the ice...