Langenbrunner to get the "C!"

Jake

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sutter never had any intention of leaving the C on Patrik's chest.

If Patty wasn't a leader on the ice, as some around here contend, he should never have been been promised and given the C when he signed his last contract.

That's Lou's fault.

Well obviously he didn't prove himself to still be worthy of the C, so why should they continue to let him wear it?

That's Patty's fault.

Excuse me?

The C was taken away when training camp started. Was it not?

He never wore it again, did he? :whistling:

He had the C on his chest while putting up an amazing 60 points last season! And up until game 27, he had a remarkable 4 goals on the year. Thats a good long time to prove that he wasnt the right man for captain.

It's never been proven Elias needed the C as part of the contract, it's only a convenient jumping off point for writers who assume A+B=C, i.e. because Elias re-signed with the Devils and was given the captaincy afterward people automatically assume that the two were related and it had nothing to do with the fact that Elias was one of the best players in the league in 2005 and that the team's resurgence had almost everything to do with his return.

You thought he was a great captain last year?

I think the point you are missing isn't whether or not he was a great captain or not but the fact that Sutter had no personal information to base his opinion and decisions on (since it was gone before a meaningful game was played)...the inclusion of Elias into this thread was never to discuss how good of a captain he was but rather how it was taken away and the decision making process which didn't seem to have a real purpose other than for Sutter to show he was the boss now....

I think the point you are missing isn't whether or not he was a great captain or not but the fact that Sutter had no personal information to base his opinion and decisions on (since it was gone before a meaningful game was played)...the inclusion of Elias into this thread was never to discuss how good of a captain he was but rather how it was taken away and the decision making process which didn't seem to have a real purpose other than for Sutter to show he was the boss now....

I hate to toot my own horn but *TOOT TOOT*! :boogie: I took enough lip when i mentioned early on this season that Langs would be the new Captain.... also i can add to that as i was laughed at for saying Elias should be traded or played at centre as he's better at passing and play making than he is at scoring.

Bottom line the Dev's are winning everyway you can and the rest of the haters around the league who stated the Devils were dead and soon to be buried are running for their copy of the bible, the un-holy are coming with a vengence(sp) and showing no mercy! :burn:

:gd:

DEVILS FAN FOR LIFE, DEATH TO LEAF NATION!

Edited by Devil in Leaf Nation