Mike Rupp

Elias26

Is it just my imagination (or faulty memory), but wasn't Mike Rupp the player who said he resigned in NJ after Lou Lam's informed him he'd be given more a chance this season to play a larger role? I thought I had read that this summer. So far, he's been given nil.

Of course, I don't think Ruppy is that great a player, and I'm A-OK with him on the 4th line or sitting out every other game, but just wondering what's going on in his head, or if maybe we'll see a "trade me now" at some point this season with him (not that he has any market value).

Anyone recall?

Every player says that.

Rupp was given a chance and played well at the beginning of the year. He had a few bad games and now he's in the coach's doghouse. Since the team is winning, Rupp hasn't been given a shot to play again - I suspect he will once the Devils lose a game.

What are Rupp's stats?...something to the effect of 0 points in 16 games I believe. Even as a fourth liner, that's just not going to cut it.

15 games, no points, -2, 7 PIM, 4-7 minutes of wasted time on ice each night

has not played since we last lost... no rush either :P

Is it me or should we at least give him one last shot, yeah its easy to say OH hes out of the lineup and we are now winning, but come on, Ive seen it all over here...just trust Lou, I mean he had to seen something there and from reading what people want here and watching how the seasons unfolded I'm going to say that the consensus on the form is right about 45% of the time. I mean he must have been kept for a reason, plus the way he gets beat up around here, I think Clarke or Bergfors or Vrana should have his spot sitting out every night. Who knows maybe if/when he does come back in spending all this time sitting out, and if he reads these forums I wouldn't be surprised to see if he plays the best game of his career out of spite. I don't know, maybe I think that hes not as bad as he is made out here, hes not a difference maker but hell I don't remember watching a game where he lost it for us...and Mottau has been forgiven for that mistake by a few people already. Did I miss something he did somewhere along the line, or is Rupp the new Scott Clemmenson? I mean I'm looking for a reason to hate the guy with the tenacity that some of you guys do, maybe I'm just mentally ill, but I don't see why he is hated and so many people want him off the team ASAP. We need a new starting bench?

Is it me or should we at least give him one last shot, yeah its easy to say OH hes out of the lineup and we are now winning, but come on, Ive seen it all over here...just trust Lou, I mean he had to seen something there and from reading what people want here and watching how the seasons unfolded I'm going to say that the consensus on the form is right about 45% of the time. I mean he must have been kept for a reason, plus the way he gets beat up around here, I think Clarke or Bergfors or Vrana should have his spot sitting out every night. Who knows maybe if/when he does come back in spending all this time sitting out, and if he reads these forums I wouldn't be surprised to see if he plays the best game of his career out of spite. I don't know, maybe I think that hes not as bad as he is made out here, hes not a difference maker but hell I don't remember watching a game where he lost it for us...and Mottau has been forgiven for that mistake by a few people already. Did I miss something he did somewhere along the line, or is Rupp the new Scott Clemmenson? I mean I'm looking for a reason to hate the guy with the tenacity that some of you guys do, maybe I'm just mentally ill, but I don't see why he is hated and so many people want him off the team ASAP. We need a new starting bench?

If they thought Rupp was usable, would he not be in the lineup when we have an injured forward?

instead we've gone 7 D time in and time out with injuries, that more then anything is VERY telling

Maybe if he would learn how to use his incredibly large frame (6'5 230 lbs.), he would have a spot on the roster. I mean imagine if he learned how to hit and he did it often, he would be sending people to the hospital.

And this is exactly the reason why he is still on the roster. You can't teach someone to grow that large! We need him for games where we are getting muscled around, that way he can come in and punish someone and try to protect some of our smaller forwards. Sometimes he even gets a fluke goal. I would use him as another enforcer when we play against more physical teams like the Flyers. There is even talk of getting rid of the instigator rule, which would increase the importance of enforcers again.

That sounds good hHammer, but he doesn't do it and that's that. The game against the Rangers, if you read the game thread, I was livid at how badly he played against a tough division rival...He showed nothing.After that game, I said eh should never play a game in a sweater and has yet to dress a game since. His play was disgusting in that game. If he can't show for the Rangers, good riddance.

He's turned into Rasmussen. Completely useless. He came up as a rookie and scored one of the most important goals in Devils history and morphed into Rasmussen. He stays on the boards waiting to hit someone and when the puck comes, he cant wait to dump it into the opposing zone. sutter dont play that S**t. If you're a forward, your job is to check and score. He started doing that and then caught the infection and turned into Ruppmussen. At least this coach is able to recognize a tombstone when he sees it.

He's turned into Rasmussen. Completely useless. He came up as a rookie and scored one of the most important goals in Devils history and morphed into Rasmussen. He stays on the boards waiting to hit someone and when the puck comes, he cant wait to dump it into the opposing zone. sutter dont play that S**t. If you're a forward, your job is to check and score. He started doing that and then caught the infection and turned into Ruppmussen. At least this coach is able to recognize a tombstone when he sees it.

That's unfair. Rass was a descent role player as was getting 3rd line duty in the playoffs. He filled in admirably on the checking line and was a good team guy. I'm not sure why Rupp was picked over him... I'm sure there was something behind the scenes.

Rupp on the other hand is just terrible and seems relatively happy with his 2 year contract and sitting in the press box.

Sorry, Sweety. I know you were a big Rass fan (and I was thrilled when we got him, originally) but I stick by my statement. Maybe it was the coaching. I dont know. Maybe he did exactly what he was told and no more (There. I made your argument for you :rolleyes: ).

That's unfair. Rass was a descent role player as was getting 3rd line duty in the playoffs. He filled in admirably on the checking line and was a good team guy. I'm not sure why Rupp was picked over him... I'm sure there was something behind the scenes.

Rupp on the other hand is just terrible and seems relatively happy with his 2 year contract and sitting in the press box.

I agree 100%

It's a lot better than working for a living.