Recchi Claimed By Thrashers

devilsfanincalgary

Bravo Thrashers for picking up a 500 goal scorer. With great roleplayers like Holik, Hossa, Kovalchuk, & Rucchin, he won't alone in Atlanta. Even at 40 years old, Recchi can still contribute to help an NHL team. This is a former 50 goal seasoner with multiple Stanley Cups. I wish him well. :clap:

Edited by Beezer34

At that rate, he'd pick up 30 - 40 points in the remaining 54 games. How's that mesh with your belief that he's too old, slow, and small?

Pretty well, considering that'd be a 3 to 1 assist to goal ratio, likely high in PP assists, and that Recchi would likely be receiving far too much ice time given his skill level.

Atlanta's exactly the kind of team that would pick up Mark Recchi. He joins Peter Bondra and Ray Ferraro as once great players to don the Atlanta jersey well after their prime.

:hah: Hey those Thrashers beat the so called "stanley cup favorites" last night :dance:

I was reading the paper this morning and couldn't believe the Penguins tried to recall him. I don't get the point of it all...he cleared waivers, but not re-entry waivers, which means Pittsburgh's on the hook for half his salary. At a little more than $850,000, I wouldn't have minded seeing him here. Atlanta got a bargain.

It seems ridiculous to me that Pittsburgh wanted to be rid of him so badly that they're paying half his salary for him to play for another team.

Good pick up for the Thrashers - they desperately nned someone to help Kovi. I don't think he could have done anything for NJ. Plus, Lou's looking to build a team for the future, even the players are commenting on how this is the next generation of Devil's hockey.

I don't see us picking up any graybeards for a while.

:rolleyes:

this is don waddell trying to save his job....he's hoping his mess of a team somehow makes it into the playoffs, where they'll be eliminated, and then self-destruct in the offseason.

When Hossa inevitably leaves, that team will be a mess. Watch them throw a billion dollars at Wade Redden in the offseason.

What a disgrace. One thing I think people don't realize about expansion is that it's not just the player talent pool that gets diluted, but there's a limited number of good scouts and GMs around hockey as well. The Atlanta Thrashers are living proof.

When Hossa inevitably leaves, that team will be a mess. Watch them throw a billion dollars at Wade Redden in the offseason.

What a disgrace. One thing I think people don't realize about expansion is that it's not just the player talent pool that gets diluted, but there's a limited number of good scouts and GMs around hockey as well. The Atlanta Thrashers are living proof.

You know where Hossa is headed...yeah to play with his brother in New York (if he's still there)

That'll be their next BIG signing, another final piece of the puzzle to build that SC champion team.....yeah right !!!