Newark Bars Postgame?

moj8681

Any thoughts on the local bars pre or postgame?

The Arena Bar is good because it's convenient, but I don't think it's anything special, and every time I've been there, its PACKED. Someone's eventually going to figure out that they should buy some land and slap another bar right there on the block between Arena Bar and the Rock.

Scully's pub scene is probably my favorite place. I went to Hell's Kitchen after last's night game, and it was cool place to hang out too.

Also been to Guitar Bar, which actually had a really cool set-up, but out of the way and hidden, and someplace on Ferry Street that seemed like a sh!tty NY club. Loud horrible music. Overall though, I'm stoked that there's places to go after the games instead of hanging out in a parking lot in East Rutherford or having to drive somewhere.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's this Guitar bar?

We have been back to hell's kitchen after a game, pretty cool scene.

Before game it is possibly the best bar in the land.... $2.25 Guinness on weeknights....

Let me repeat that....

$2.25 Guinness on weeknights....

Guitar Bar is sort of down and around the bend... the map on the back of their card made it look really easy, but I'm not entirely familiar with the area yet... Basically, it seems like you go down the McCarter Highway (south? east? I don't know, whichever is the direction opposite of Clifton, Nutley, etc) about 5 blocks then make a left. Like I said, it was okay, but I was really disappointed with the lack of guitars in any of the music they chose (all of it bad, and not rock, which is what you'd expect from a place with that name), but it was reasonably priced and I got a good drink on. Worth checking out if for no other reason than to try something new.

Looks like the abandoned building on Edison would be a PERFECT place for a bar or restaurant. Just drove by it this morning and they're working away on refurbishing the exterior.

Looks like the abandoned building on Edison would be a PERFECT place for a bar or restaurant. Just drove by it this morning and they're working away on refurbishing the exterior.

there was, Mesa Reasturaunt, opened June 2007 was gone by opening day, too bad it looked nice...

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:b-_Eg...;cd=1&gl=us

Thats the best I can get as thier website is no longer....

Kinda odd if you ask me!

Edited by Reverend_Hellh0und

You think someone would open that up now that the Rock is rocking.

A sign outside the building says its available for retail/restaurant space. You could probably sell piss and vinegar in that place, and based solely on the fact that its next door to the Rock, it'll make a killing. Too bad my start-up capital is $50 and a ball of lint.

This is how you get the ball rolling.

So far we've got $50.75, (rounded up to $59.12 with this fabled jar pennies) a ball of lint, a dust bunny and a high five for our stripper poled-out bar called Daneyko Is God, which has a lease signed by a guy named Masked Fan.

I'm also going to call for a water slide that leads from Edison Place to the Fire Lounge. Or JT's BBQ stand at the Goal Bar. We'll discuss the end point for the water slide at the next town meeting of the Daneyko Is God Bar.

This is how you get the ball rolling.

So far we've got $50.75, (rounded up to $59.12 with this fabled jar pennies) a ball of lint, a dust bunny and a high five for our stripper poled-out bar called Daneyko Is God, which has a lease signed by a guy named Masked Fan.

I'm also going to call for a water slide that leads from Edison Place to the Fire Lounge. Or JT's BBQ stand at the Goal Bar. We'll discuss the end point for the water slide at the next town meeting of the Daneyko Is God Bar.

You forgot one thing...a strict policy of: NO RANGERS FANS ALLOWED.

Or we allow them and jack up the price on everything they order.

• 1 month later...
I love this idea!

They'll bitch and moan, saying things like, "You Jersey fans NEED us to pay more, because there's not enough of you in here to support this bar." Whatever they gotta do to justify buying a $35 shot of Cuervo and a ride on the Happy Water Super Fun Slide.

How did I miss this thread?

...oh, right, December, retail...yeah, that whole deal.

Regardless, this is one of the best threads I have ever read in this place. :clap2:

Just about to say the same. I'll donate half of my kids old Pokemon Card and a dollar 75, ONLY if all of the E's in the place can be replaced by 3's. Thank you kindly.

• 2 months later...
Any thoughts on the local bars pre or postgame?

The Arena Bar is good because it's convenient, but I don't think it's anything special, and every time I've been there, its PACKED. Someone's eventually going to figure out that they should buy some land and slap another bar right there on the block between Arena Bar and the Rock.

Scully's pub scene is probably my favorite place. I went to Hell's Kitchen after last's night game, and it was cool place to hang out too.

Also been to Guitar Bar, which actually had a really cool set-up, but out of the way and hidden, and someplace on Ferry Street that seemed like a sh!tty NY club. Loud horrible music. Overall though, I'm stoked that there's places to go after the games instead of hanging out in a parking lot in East Rutherford or having to drive somewhere.

• 10 months later...
Epic thread revival? How's the migit-filled, stripper-poled out no-rangers-allowed Dan3yko Is God bar complete with balloons and a water slide working out?

Since the recession hit, I had to take back my original offer to invest my jar of pennies so I could buy peanut butter. But my offer of the high five is still very much on the table. In fact, I will up my investment to an enthusiastic high five, instead of the half-assed one I was gonna give earlier.