GDT: NY Rangers @ NEW JERSEY - 5 p.m

eaglejelly

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you watch the game? You honestly don't think the Rangers were getting away with holds out there. The Devils didn't move the puck well tonight, and the bad ice didn't help matters, but there were so many holds and hooks out there it wasn't even funny. There was zero flow to this game.

And Shanny is a bum. He's washed up, unless you consider standing behind your net and punching players in the face good hockey.

I was saying to myself the whole game...wow Shanny is washed up, he's a nonfactor...oh well.

fire sutter, trade elias, waive marty.. something something, im proud the devils hung in there long enough to salvage a point. The streak was going to end eventually and we didn't loose big.

Why cant we get up for these games against the freekin rags man ????????????/

Did you watch the game? You honestly don't think the Rangers were getting away with holds out there. The Devils didn't move the puck well tonight, and the bad ice didn't help matters, but there were so many holds and hooks out there it wasn't even funny. There was zero flow to this game.

And Shanny is a bum. He's washed up, unless you consider standing behind your net and punching players in the face good hockey.

Spot on about Shanahan, he was washed-up in Detroit, he alway was and always will be a Chelios type player, sneaky little cheapshots here and there, "clever" holding the stick plays, but the other players gets called for hooking. He needs a good beatdown like he got last year in that collision with that Flyers player ( Nedved ?)

I've never liked him. Regardless of his playing ability, he was a great player, but he's dirty and cheap.

Because the Rangers as an NHL "franchise" are a non entity, there is nothing special about them, well you could say there is, they contributed heavily to two lockouts.

They are a joke, a prime example of how NOT to run a hockey club.

Yeah they sure have had the Devils # this year but there is still time for the Devils to make their record against them respectable. Wins in the Garden have always been tough to come by so luckily there is only 1 more game left there. Just got to win the home games.

The loss sucks but it's nice for a change to not see the Devils drop all the way down in the standings after a loss like earlier in the season. Hopefully there will be a better result tomorrow.

Because the Rangers as an NHL "franchise" are a non entity, there is nothing special about them, well you could say there is, they contributed heavily to two lockouts.

They are a joke, a prime example of how NOT to run a hockey club.

They are OUR biggest rival, we just layed down and died tonight, I wont accept the "oh it was a good game crap", somebody on our team really needed to step up in that 3rd period and we just stalled. :argh::argh::argh:

They are OUR biggest rival, we just layed down and died tonight, I wont accept the "oh it was a good game crap", somebody on our team really needed to step up in that 3rd period and we just stalled. :argh::argh::argh:

Hey, I know they are our biggest rival, and it sucks to lose to them, but they are just another hockey team, If the Devils start putting too much emphasis on beating the Rangers, then we will end up like them.

This season, although not over is a complete success for the Rangers, even when they miss the playoffs this year it will still be a success to them because since 1994 they have been hell-bent and satisfied with beating the Devils, that's all they care about, they're not bothered about the Stanley Cup as long as they beat the Devils, every time they beat us at MSG it's like they have won the Stanley Cup, well they have really, "their" Stanley Cup, the Tri-State challenge cup is their "Cup"

Hey, I know they are our biggest rival, and it sucks to lose to them, but they are just another hockey team, If the Devils start putting too much emphasis on beating the Rangers, then we will end up like them.

This season, although not over is a complete success for the Rangers, even when they miss the playoffs this year it will still be a success to them because since 1994 they have been hell-bent and satisfied with beating the Devils, that's all they care about, they're not bothered about the Stanley Cup as long as they beat the Devils, every time they beat us at MSG it's like they have won the Stanley Cup, well they have really, "their" Stanley Cup, the Tri-State challenge cup is their "Cup"

Hey just imagine the standings in our division tonight if we won the 4 games against them.......can you say basement.

Hey just imagine the standings in our division tonight if we won the 4 games against them.......can you say basement.

Oh I know, and we will get some of the bounces and calls in the next four meetings, it's the law of averages.

Our streak had to end sometime, now let's move on and start another one.

Speaking of things ending, the Rangers luck will end soon too, not just against us, against all teams, Atlanta had a legit goal waved off, but fortunately the Thrashers beat the Ranger$ 4-2

All of this negativity and the team is coming off a 9 game winning streak.....wow....it's one game folks.....take a deep breath.

And I agree that Zajac has been less than great offensively lately but those dumping on him should watch the last few games on tape and see all the key faceoffs he has won lately including many tonight in his own end. Hockey is more than stats.

yes I did, one goal scored all night and it was by one of the best offensive guys that ever played the game. He was also infront of Marty a great bit tonight, in fact getting off 2 shots from his kees after getting knocked down. I find it funny when another devils fan complains about holding and hooking. Now you're even throwing bad ice into the excuse mix. Funny when the Rock has some of the worse ice in the league presently.

It's just one game where as a team with very few exceptions played like ass.

Edited by titans04

yes I did, one goal scored all night and it was by one of the best offensive guys that ever played the game. He was also infront of Marty a great bit tonight, in fact getting off 2 shots from his kees after getting knocked down. I find it funny when another devils fan complains about holding and hooking. Now you're even throwing bad ice into the excuse mix. Funny when the Rock has some of the worse ice in the league presently.

It's just one game where as a team with very few exceptions played like ass.

Edited by SickMan

Shanahan is a shell of his former self and so is Jagr. The amazing thing is that for all this money spent, the Rangers do not have a player who can put the puck in the net consistently. There's not a guaranteed 30 goal scorer on this roster and it shows. It will show even worse in the playoffs.

Shanahan hasn't been particularly effective at even strength since the lockout and this season it's only gotten more obvious. He's got a shot. He's got about nothing else.

Shanahan is a shell of his former self and so is Jagr. The amazing thing is that for all this money spent, the Rangers do not have a player who can put the puck in the net consistently. There's not a guaranteed 30 goal scorer on this roster and it shows. It will show even worse in the playoffs.

Shanahan hasn't been particularly effective at even strength since the lockout and this season it's only gotten more obvious. He's got a shot. He's got about nothing else.

I'm not so sure they'll make the playoffs.