Christmas, Even HR Is Scared

LOULAM1

Christmas is a FEDERAL holiday because of our Christian heritage.

Hanukkah was not one of the more important holidays if what my Jewish friends tell me is true. But since Christmas had a stranglehold on the winter time, Hanukkah then became more and more of a "Holiday", to compete with Christmas.

Kwanzaa........who the hell even knows what that is.

Now my 6 year old comes home with their school "Holiday" writings.....about Hanukah, Kwanzaa, Christmas, and Los Cuevos Del Sol, or whatever it is they call it in the United Sta..........errrrr........Mexico.

Next year they will be writing about the great Muslim celebrations the Asbury Park Press writes about right around Christmas times.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, and all that means is that government workers get a day off and those that work get double pay. There's no requirement that private businesses be closed and give their workers a day off. Certainly not a NATIONAL holiday as suggested.

It is one of my many hopes in life to see Christmas lose its status as a Federal holiday. There is no reason for it. We have a secular government for a reason. To borrow a line from LouLam1, if you want a religious government move to Saudi Arabia.

Among other things I want to live to see:

- New Jersey taking away Good Friday as a state holiday

- US Mail to resume Sunday delivery

The fact is that the whole idea that the founding fathers were devout Christians and intended for this country to reflect that has no basis in reality. It is merely a ploy used by the religious right to try to rationalize their beliefs. The founding fathers were by and large Deists who went out of their way to avoid mixing religion into their government.

ETA:

When you receive your Xmas present just ship it right back HEATHEN !
Edited by PeteyNice

It is one of my many hopes in life to see Christmas lose its status as a Federal holiday. There is no reason for it. We have a secular government for a reason. To borrow a line from LouLam1, if you want a religious government move to Saudi Arabia.

Among other things I want to live to see:

- New Jersey taking away Good Friday as a state holiday

The fact is that the whole idea that the founding fathers were devout Christians and intended for this country to reflect that has no basis in reality. It is merely a ploy used by the religious right to try to rationalize their beliefs. The founding fathers were by and large Deists who went out of their way to avoid mixing religion into their government.

ETA:

Never gonna happen. Costs too much. I wouldn't be surprised to see Saturday delivery eliminated during our lifetimes for the same reason.

-I would like to see the days of the week renamed, since they are named after gods. The government uses these names everday, and we cant have the government being invaded with religious symbols or names.

-The removal of Martin Luther King day as a federal holiday, since much of what he preached was filled with religious belief. We cant celebrate a man whos life revolved around religion.

-New Years Eve removed as a federal holiday. It celebrates the beginning of the Gregorian Calendar year. A calendar which was devised by a pope.

-Thanksgiving should no longer be a federal holiday, as it was originally celebrated as a day of thanksgiving to God.

-Columbus Day should be removed as well. Columbus spread Catholicism throughout the new world, and should not be celebrated because of that fact.

-Independence Day, in fact, the Declaration of Independence itself, should not be celebrated as it notes that humans are "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights," along with other references to God. Again, we shouldnt celebrate a document, or its declaration, when it proclaims that a God exists.

There are more things I would like to see, but it would take too long to list them all.

My sarcasm meter just exploded. Well done. :boogie:

-I would like to see the days of the week renamed, since they are named after gods. The government uses these names everday, and we cant have the government being invaded with religious symbols or names.

-The removal of Martin Luther King day as a federal holiday, since much of what he preached was filled with religious belief. We cant celebrate a man whos life revolved around religion.

-New Years Eve removed as a federal holiday. It celebrates the beginning of the Gregorian Calendar year. A calendar which was devised by a pope.

-Thanksgiving should no longer be a federal holiday, as it was originally celebrated as a day of thanksgiving to God.

-Columbus Day should be removed as well. Columbus spread Catholicism throughout the new world, and should not be celebrated because of that fact.

-Independence Day, in fact, the Declaration of Independence itself, should not be celebrated as it notes that humans are "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights," along with other references to God. Again, we shouldnt celebrate a document, or its declaration, when it proclaims that a God exists.

There are more things I would like to see, but it would take too long to list them all.

Edited by Nature's Minister

Petey just proved how waaaaaayyyyyy out there he is.

The founding fathers did not "make clear" the separation of church and state, that is what the left has you believe. The state that there should be no federal/state based religion (I'm paraphrasing).

Now I'm on my way to New York to see the CHRISTMAS Tree

Petey just proved how waaaaaayyyyyy out there he is.

The founding fathers did not "make clear" the separation of church and state, that is what the left has you believe. The state that there should be no federal/state based religion (I'm paraphrasing).

Now I'm on my way to New York to see the CHRISTMAS Tree

Edited by MantaRay

Honestly if you're that sure of your faith, you shouldn't be worried that a lack of propaganda (Which I can assure you, is a figment of your imagination) is 'killing' Christmas. As long as Nintendo keeps making video games, Christmas is safe. You'd think turning water into wine or whatever would be reason enough to celebrate.

Edited by metallidevils

Manta, you should know different people interpret that statement different ways. That definitely says the federal govt can not establish a religion and can not prohibit free exercise of religion but seperation of church and state comes from the writings of some founding fathers. I don't have it all on hand right now but there were differing opinions between founding fathers on that subject.

Ah yes, FEAR THE RUSSIANS! Funny how the same "fear" tactics are just repeated over and over through the years and the same type of people are conned by it.

It should be noted that the phrase "under god" in the pledge of allegiance was found to be unconstitutional.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.