1995 Devils

xxchaznjxx

before i went to bed last night, i caught a replay on the nhl network of game 2 of the '95 cup final at detroit. that game brought back so many good memories, i probably haven't seen that game since it was live. i turned it on just as maclean scored to tie the game at 1. then a few moments later was the crushing stevens to kozlov hit and i got all giddy inside again, especially since i wasn't expecting it(though they didn't show any of stevens taunting the DET bench). then there was the spectacular neidermayer rush up the ice to tie the game at 2, when we were playing on our heals down by 1 in the 3rd. and finally, jimmy d's game winning goal in the closing minute of the game, when coffey went down(the coffey was cold). and seeing all the guys on that team made me appreciate what we had. stevens, chambers, neidermayer, driver, daneyko, albelin, maclean, richer, lemieux, broten, carpenter, zelepukin, holik, mckay, peluso, and youngins brylin, dowd, guerin, and rolston. that really was a well put together team with youth and vets. i think the announcers said sarge played the home games and dowd the away games.

what i also noticed immediately is how much clutching and grabbing went on. there were so many plays where there were obvious hooks that even knocked players down that were not called. it was really a much different game then. i also noticed that the devs never generated much offense, it seemed like they spent the whole game in their own zone and just counter attacked. worked out well though. i'll have to check out to see if they are playing any other games from that series.

I was going to post something about this too. I DVRed it. I was too young to remember the games when they happened. They did show Stevens taunting the bench after they went to commercial. The clutching was ridiculous throughout the whole game. I guess I never noticed it until it was gone. They also had on the top 10 goal tending performances from the 95 playoffs. I missed that one but Chris Terreri made the top 10 of the best goalie performances of 1992. I think it was when they swept the rangers.

You wouldn't be saying that if you had to listen to the same Darryl Sittler vignette during commercial breaks, about how he broke the single-game scoring record...

Usually has steak for dinner...

Ran errands that day, had to settle for chicken...

Tried that a few times after this game, was never able to duplicate the success of this one time...

I hear this stuff in my sleep, I see it so much.

Not to mention the commercials for the Rangers Stanley Cup DVD. :puke: I thought suffering through Versus' Stanley Cup Playoffs commercials last year sucked...

You wouldn't be saying that if you had to listen to the same Darryl Sittler vignette during commercial breaks, about how he broke the single-game scoring record...

Usually has steak for dinner...

Ran errands that day, had to settle for chicken...

Tried that a few times after this game, was never able to duplicate the success of this one time...

I hear this stuff in my sleep, I see it so much.

"I'll have the Saffron Risotto"

I was going to post something about this too. I DVRed it. I was too young to remember the games when they happened. They did show Stevens taunting the bench after they went to commercial. The clutching was ridiculous throughout the whole game. I guess I never noticed it until it was gone. They also had on the top 10 goal tending performances from the 95 playoffs. I missed that one but Chris Terreri made the top 10 of the best goalie performances of 1992. I think it was when they swept the rangers.