GDT: NJ DEVILS @ Calgary Flames Dec 23, 2007, 8:00 PM ET

eaglejelly

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Devils have been shut out every other game, this is a bad sign for the sport as a whole when something like this happens. How many goals are the rangers on pace to score this year? 170?

We're sinking back to the dark ages in scoring and excitement after a brief uptick

the lack of passion is also very evident. The Devils played the rangers in a disgusting 0-0 sh!tfest earlier on. both teams sleepwalked through it. This game is just slow and conservative...it's anti-hockey. Teams have to try and score sometimes right, isn't that the point. Not just lay back and wait for a shootout?

Congrats Marty on #95

& Patty on the game winning goal.

GREAT GAME/WIN!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONEEEEEEEEE

Edited by NJDevsFireOnIce

Its great to see Elias getting the goal though.. he played another workhorse game IMO (as did his linemates Gio and Zubrus) and it was only fitting one of them put the puck in the net to win it

edit: on a side note - dont forget it: we did this without our best offensive player (parise) and we were also missing Rachunek so the defense had to step up and play more ice time

Edited by nmigliore

Boy, '7', I disagree. I could watch 6 or 7 of those if you catch my drift. Not with the Devils being dominated at times like that, but with the penalties evening out, us at home 2 or 3 times, I imagine it'd be a pretty exciting series.

Great game from Marty. I sure hope next Summer when they repeat the great games from this season they show this one.

As usual, 7's on the wrong side of things - this was an excellent hockey game. Friday's snorer in Edmonton is the game you'd want to pick on. Both teams wanted this game but couldn't quite figure out how to get it.

Zubrus Elias and Gionta all had fabulous games even if there were 6 PIMs between them - the call on Zubrus was meh, and one of the calls on Elias was a complete joke. They were skating all night, and Zubrus was hitting people - I don't know where the Devils found this Dainius Zubrus.

I missed pre-game - was Rachunek a healthy scratch? I'd like to see Mottau be the healthy scratch next game, seeing as how Dustin Boyd added his name to the list of players who've embarrassed Mottau lately. Oduya with another strong contest - he's looking like the guy who played for this team last season.

I am honestly ASTOUNDED that Elias got it. Do you think this will defeat the whole Hossa/Elias trade talk?

Although I didn't see it, I know a western canadian friend taped it for me and will send it to me, so I'm excited. What a win. Thanks Marty! He's BACK!

As usual, 7's on the wrong side of things - this was an excellent hockey game. Friday's snorer in Edmonton is the game you'd want to pick on. Both teams wanted this game but couldn't quite figure out how to get it.

Zubrus Elias and Gionta all had fabulous games even if there were 6 PIMs between them - the call on Zubrus was meh, and one of the calls on Elias was a complete joke. They were skating all night, and Zubrus was hitting people - I don't know where the Devils found this Dainius Zubrus.

I missed pre-game - was Rachunek a healthy scratch? I'd like to see Mottau be the healthy scratch next game, seeing as how Dustin Boyd added his name to the list of players who've embarrassed Mottau lately. Oduya with another strong contest - he's looking like the guy who played for this team last season.