Wave at pru center

DevilishFan30

A group of people started it. The rest (well most of the arena) eventually followed. Most of the wavers were so busy concentrating on when to stand up, they missed that Washington cut the score to 3-2.

I don't think the wave belongs at hockey games, maybe baseball where there is so much down time from the action. Even then I don't care for it. I don't like the wave. I hated it especially this time, maybe because I'm there to watch a hockey game not following people standing up.

I think it happened at a point of the game where there was a long lull ... meh if people want to have fun and there is no harm they paid their ticket and for me, it at least it showed a "party" atmosphere at the Rock seldom seen at CAA - better than some drunk behind me yelling and spilling his crap all over us. It also came to mind the fact the day we go deep into the playoffs and the SCF that place will be rocking ! The point of going to see a hockey is hockey Rock but we passed that a long time ago (* see all Shootout -Goal song threads), I think the "entertainment" value of any sporting event has increased but it has come at the price of integrity for the game. As a purist Im horrified at some of the changes and proposed changes that sports have undergone, but it is the natural order of things where the next generation makes the rules, perhaps because they have not grown up with the inherent value we have and they themselves will step into this dilemma in their due time. Now I need to get to my rocking chair.

I think it happened at a point of the game where there was a long lull ... meh if people want to have fun and there is no harm they paid their ticket and for me, it at least it showed a "party" atmosphere at the Rock seldom seen at CAA - better than some drunk behind me yelling and spilling his crap all over us. It also came to mind the fact the day we go deep into the playoffs and the SCF that place will be rocking ! The point of going to see a hockey is hockey Rock but we passed that a long time ago (* see all Shootout -Goal song threads), I think the "entertainment" value of any sporting event has increased but it has come at the price of integrity for the game. As a purist Im horrified at some of the changes and proposed changes that sports have undergone, but it is the natural order of things where the next generation makes the rules, perhaps because they have not grown up with the inherent value we have and they themselves will step into this dilemma in their due time. Now I need to get to my rocking chair.