Matt Halischuk!

newjerseydevils

I don't think he has even been signed by the Devils. Plus, he is not NHL ready yet, probably won't be for two or three years at least. He will probably spend the rest of the year in juniors and then move onto Lowell once he is signed for next year. Anyway, while his scoring output is attractive on paper, tons of guys put up those stats in juniors. Seems like he would be a solid third/fourth liner, mainly used as a defensive forward in the NHL. I have heard he is a fast skater, defensively aware, and strong in the corners. Perhaps his best attribute his how much heart and grit he has.

I dont think we see halischuk in NJ for at least 2-3 years.

They guy has a lot of petential at both ends of the rink, he is going to take some time to develope to his full potential, as Fiesty says , he is a hard worker and has an excelent attitude.

I feel from watching him in the few games in the WJC he is a less offensivley tallented , more defensive version of Zach Parise. Small stature, a good deal of speed and always gives everthything he has for his team.

Hockeys future has him down as 3rd/4th liner, i would say he should make the 3rd line, but who knows, if he keeps pushing he might be capable of a lot more.

• 2 months later...

Great news on Halischuk. Lets hope Kitchener makes a good run and he continues to produce. They are expected to contend for the title, right?

One of Halischuk's linemates is Justin Azevedo. His numbers his first three years of junior hockey are nothing to write home about and he was undrafted. He has exploded this year statistically with 43 goals, 81 assists, for 124 points in 67 games. My question to anyone who follows the OHL, is does he have a future in pro hockey? Given how bare the Devils' system is, maybe he wouldn't be a bad free agent signing. Although before I come to a conclusion like that, I want to hear more about this guy and what his flaws are. Is he a product of playing on a great line this year or is he the big reason why it is so effective? At 5-8, 180lbs is he too small or can he overcome that?

One of Halischuk's linemates is Justin Azevedo. His numbers his first three years of junior hockey are nothing to write home about and he was undrafted. He has exploded this year statistically with 43 goals, 81 assists, for 124 points in 67 games. My question to anyone who follows the OHL, is does he have a future in pro hockey? Given how bare the Devils' system is, maybe he wouldn't be a bad free agent signing. Although before I come to a conclusion like that, I want to hear more about this guy and what his flaws are. Is he a product of playing on a great line this year or is he the big reason why it is so effective? At 5-8, 180lbs is he too small or can he overcome that?