Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

Ah crap, you're right. $3.43 to $3.49 is the range down here. I think somewhere between my brain and my fingers there's a piece of me saying "No way gas is over $3, he meant $2."

Now that I think about it I did the same thing when it hit the 2s a few years back...I posted prices in the 1s. This happened on this very forum!

In South Jersey we are anywhere from $3.29-$3.39/gal that's the cheap stuff. The Super is 3.79ish

And I'm yelling RAPE! at THESE prices. Here's something cool to look at about gas prices. Typical Gas prices just click a state and then a town.

Thought you people used Euros and paid per Liter over there? :huh:

EUROS!!!!!!!! No way, pounds all the way, that currency is doomed IMO.

And we do use liters, but i was adapting to be US friendly (we use a mix of both imperial and metric depending on what maths is easier)

Yah, same here, around $3.39 a gallon.

I guess that is around £2.ll a gallon or 80 cents a liter and if my math is right £0.56 a litre.

Sounds about right to me, so we are paying well over double for our fuel.

Thanks for all the replies.

Now that I think about it I did the same thing when it hit the 2s a few years back...I posted prices in the 1s. This happened on this very forum!

I'm pretty sure I've done it before too, and probably in this thread. :doh1:

And Archer is amazing. Watched the first season last year, but don't have TV now so I'm missing all the new stuff. Too lazy to see if the episodes are online.

Johnny Bench called ...

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

Isn't the reason NYC has the best bagels the tap water? I remember seeing or hearing that somewhere. The tap water in Manhattan and Brooklyn have the perfect pH balance, hardness/softness or whatever and places around the world invest tons of money in trying to duplicate it but can't quite do it. Something like that.

It's possible. I remember seeing on Food Network once this story about a pizza parlor owner in Phoenix who was originally from NYC and had a water system built for his shop that made the water come out like NYC water. The theory, of course, was that the secret to the crust was in the water, just like with the bagels.

Sounds about right to me, so we are paying well over double for our fuel.

And you have been for many, many years. The trade-off being, though, that mass transit is a lot better over there and you don't need cars as much. We here in the States are too damn addicted to our cars, but on the flip side, mass transit sucks in most places.

On the way back to Wake from spring break (which I spent at home), the friend that I drove with brought two dozen bagels from home because "the bagels everywhere else suck ass." :lol: Greatest luggage ever.

I love New Jersey, I love being from New Jersey, but I've never been the biggest fan of the weather. Snow in March? Eww.

Meanwhile, here in North Carolina, it's like 75 and sunny. I love the south's weather, this is why I came down here for college.

Snow after all this warm weather is crazy.

I love New Jersey, I love being from New Jersey, but I've never been the biggest fan of the weather. Snow in March? Eww.

Meanwhile, here in North Carolina, it's like 75 and sunny. I love the south's weather, this is why I came down here for college.

The weather down there is pretty sweet. When I lived in Fayetteville, I played golf on Christmas Eve and drove my motorcycle in to work on Christmas Day.

Meanwhile, it's gonna start snowing in a couple hours here in the Albany area. It's already started west of here. They're expecting 2-5 inches locally, more to the south.

... and we ended up getting lucky, the dry air pushed the storm further south and we didn't get anything. I heard you guys down in Jersey got some weather right out of a Lewis Black routine, though.

So Rowdy, were you the guy that won the $300+ million?

I wish. But no, I don't work for the state (rumor has it it was a pool of 7 state employees) and I don't live or work in downtown Albany.

I'm kinda worried, though; this is the third big jackpot win in the area in the last few months. We had a $48.8M Powerball winner in Wilton (between Saratoga and Glens Falls) on Christmas Day and a $122M Powerball winner in Catskill in January. I'm wondering if we've used up our lotto luck for the foreseeable future.