Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

I love it too. That was a part of one of Tosh's stand-ups that had me in hysterics... "It's easy to be a poetic genius when thy sentences doth no fvcking sense make"

Thus proving something I've known since the first time I saw him: Daniel Tosh is a fvcking idiot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

she's been in this thread... <_<

Guys... I LOVE my chicks. They are so freaking adorable I think I'm going to explode. and they do have little individual personalities. I think of all the chickens I know as just -- you know -- a flock of chickens. Sometimes there's one funny hen who stands out. But yeesh when they're yours they

re all these silly adorable individuals. I'm glad I dont know which are the cocks and which the hens. I'm naming all roosters Dinner. Hmmm

Maybe one will be a la king.... one Pot Pie.... one for sure fricassee -- cordon blu...

Wait, is that Tres Estrellas? Where have you been?

Frantically writing thesis. So close to being done I can almost smell it. So very much looking forward to a well earned holiday.

So cute PK. Thinking of getting chickens in the near future too, 'cept that might require actually buying a house first.

People's thoughts are too ordered and not random?

I never even considered this as an option, it all makes sense now!!

barredrock.jpg

Barred Rock - they're mellow little guys!

jersygiant.jpg

Jersey giant... SO FLIPPING ADORABLE I CAN'T EVEN STAND IT!!!!

See this is the sort of stuff we need to know! They are awesome PK.

No, THIS is the sort of stuff we need to know about!!

... I LOVE my chicks. They are so freaking adorable I think I'm going to explode...

Quoted for future misuse. whistling.gif

Maybe one will be a la king.... one Pot Pie.... one for sure fricassee -- cordon blu...

Don't forget General Tso! And Kung Pao!! lockdsmiley.gif

Oh my gosh! Yes... we have one huge guy already - I'm going to start calling him Kung Pao! My husband hopes he's a hen - he's so distinctive he's becoming a family favorite. My daughter spent about an hour with them all this morning just looking at them...and petting them even though she knows it's not good for them.

Just needed to vent. PhD supervisor issues...mainly with the fact he can be a real idiot at times. Time difference doesn't help when he send quite an important email then goes to bed....I spend the entire day fuming. Luckily when he woke up he realised he was being an idiot.

love those PhD advisors....

love those ducks too!

Our chicks are getting big. Kung Pao is entering his adolescence - well not quite yet -- he just has his first feathers and stuff. He's our favorite. He's so adorable. He's such a great guy. He's open and friendly to us - he protects the weaker chicks from bullying . He bullies chicks that need an ass-kicking. He also gives out tough love to the weak guys. PasteButt - the chick who I had to nurse back to health Saturday before last - they're buddies! The biggest and the teeniest. As we were with the chicks I said to my husband - "you know what? Kung Pao is the you of the chicken world. THAT is how you are if you never understood why I decided I was marrying you the first night we met - there it is." :wub: weirder still.... he didn't give me a look like I was insane, he just told me he loved me :wub:

My husband built a horse stall in our garage and the chickens are living there. It's ballistic -- :rolleyes: as if my husband could do ANYTHING that wasn't? and my herb garden is all planted and I finally did something with the back of the house. The past two weekends have been really fun.

OH AND -- get this -- in my Mother's Day card my daughter made one of her lines was "your hair is as soft as a dog's ears" :rofl: she kills me...

• 2 weeks later...

well... Kung Pao is a girl...

we have 9 Barred Rock girls and 8 Jersey Giant girls

only 2 Giant roos. I have to post Maniac who both my daughter and I were sort of looking forward to eating he's such a freak!!

Maniac - hiding from me... :rolleyes:

photo-4.jpg

and Kung Pao now - she is such a dear! I'm banding her to make CERTAIN we never eat her by mistake (Hey 18 is a pretty big flock - we were thinking 10 layers 10 eaters. Of course I killed one so... -_-

photo-2.jpg

I won over Maniac's heart tonight with marigolds. He loved them and ate them right out of my hand. All the girls were being piggy then Maniac came right up and sweetly requested a petal or two. He even let me pat his back.

Poor bastard has no idea how yer just fatnin him up for a big meal. Got him eating out of yer hand then WHAMMO! AX to the neck!! neyx35.gif