Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

BARF.gif

That actually never happened this weekend, despite the multiple games of dizzy bat I evidently partook in. However, I would bet on it happening this weekend because my fraternity is going on Mountain Weekend, where we go to a Mountain house in Tennessee with dates.

¡Gracias, Señorita TresEstrellas!

So I noticed a couple days ago that RD went mad old-school with a name change. Well done. :koolaid::boogie::RD:

Love the name change. And happy belated, Rowdy!

Edited by RSC

RD used to be Sykkie17 here when she was in high school!!

Can you all believe how time flies as you get more years under your belt? You all will see. 20 to 30 seems sort of fast but not so bad -- 30 to 40 is pretty much a blurr - things ramp up after 35 - it's as if you're so busy living life you don't notice how fast it's moving. You're reaching goals you want to get to, to feel more settled - but you're also partially settled so there are enough constants to dupe you into thinking time is standing still for you. Like thinking "ah the house will be paid off in 15 years" it seems not so long a time - like something you want to achieve - a stepping stone not a final goal -- but it also seems like the ages it was when you were 20 this house will never be paid for.

I have gotten just entirely too loyal in my old age... being married faithfully for decades is one thing -- but being loyal to a crush victim for over 10 years... that's just too much. Maybe it's Stevens's fault for being so steady himself... I had a crush on Sting for 2 years until he got a divorce and a nose job. Bobby Ojeda for 3 years until he cut his finger off and I found out he had gotten a divorce and remarried never knew ...I noticed Bobby O also got a nose job in the past 20 years some time - how traumatic -- his profile was my favorite part of his face. I hold unnatural change against people.... :( honestly the person who brought that home is Larry (EDIT: Robinson - in case no one had figured it out) -- I get grumpy with his hair. I'm coloring MY hair. He ought to get low lights. Have someone come to the house and just toss in low lights. It beats the hell out of the auburn wash -- I'm just sayin. He is too smooth skinned to be all gray right now...it washes out his face. but the auburn does too... he looks like the dude with the collection plate in church married to a blue hair. Low lights -- THEN he'll look like he's supposed to look.

HEY It's RANDOM THOUGHTS <_< and stuff...

Edited by Pepperkorn

I had always planned on having 5 kids:

Anastacia (Tacy) she'd want to be Ann or Stacy

Charles (Cary) he'd want to be Chuck (I secretly wanted him to be named Archibald -- but no one would stand for that. I love the name Archy --- my great grandfather was Artinsis... who is named that? I can't even find it on google!!

Laurence (Laury) he'd want to be Larry

Elisabeth (Betsy) she'd want to be Liz :doh1:

and the afterthought: Winona (who everyone would think I named after Winona Ryder not Winona Root)

My formative reading years were clearly in Minnesota reading the Betsy-Tacy books - weird thing; someone with my name is a librarian in Mankato!

ahhh me... time to go play with my cats :giggle: Thank goodness I hate cats and have 2 dogs, 16 chickens and 2 rabbits! :evil: oh yeah and a husband and kid!

Edited by Pepperkorn

and another thing -- I cannot believe how OLD Chaucer is... this is the anniversary of his death so it's not THAT random... exactly.....

anyhow -- he always seems so modern to me... Dude was alive in the 14th century. Shakespeare always seems old but not Chaucer how weird is that? Old English even...

Can you all believe how time flies as you get more years under your belt? You all will see. 20 to 30 seems sort of fast but not so bad -- 30 to 40 is pretty much a blurr - things ramp up after 35 - it's as if you're so busy living life you don't notice how fast it's moving.

I noticed this as soon as I finished college. I am convinced time is speeding up. I really can't believe in two more months it will be two years since I finished, moving in freshman year feels like it just happened. Ever since being done with exams and papers to write and other school stuff constantly looming over my head, weeks seem to go by like they're nothing and seasons just seem to fly by.

Edited by devilsfan26

Hey check out Aries horoscope today:

It's a topsy-turvy day as far as personalities are concerned. The people around you will be behaving in some unexpected ways -- and you will, too. If someone who is usually introverted suddenly starts talking a mile a minute and trying to become the center of attention, play along. Be more submissive than you usually would be, and let this person have what she or he is asking for. It will be a valuable learning experience.

so... I think I'm usually introverted and Scott Stevens should umm.. be submissive and give me what I'm asking for. It will be a valuable learning experience! Horoscopes never lie --- but they might get a little bit wrong like the ... the usually introverted thing... I'm not in a way but I never ask for things. It's what I do -- I silently want things and get grouchy when I dont get what I never asked for. :evil:

So--- write something now then! Like "ok" and maybe a "happy now?" OK? ok! GO!

GOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!

Edited by Pepperkorn

hmm... what can I ask my husband for since Stevens will ignore me as usual <_<

(nono I didn't mean like that.. I mean he's an Aries too so maybe I can convince him to just do what I want while he scoffs at horoscopes but does whatever I want anyhow while pretending he isn't.)

Hey look at my horoscope... and Scott Neidermayers... and Msweets and Lemaire's and Devils731bowling dude and and....

Usually, the deeper you delve into preliminary research, the more confident you feel about your eventual decisions. But sometimes, if you go too deeply under the surface of things, you discover stuff that only confuses you further. Weigh the choices you have to make today -- does every single one of them require hours and hours of deliberation? You don't have the time for all that, and you probably don't have the need, either. It's okay to make a few choices by going with your gut.

that doesn't sound like me much.... :unsure:

:rolleyes:

I've been posting stoopid all day so I guess it's a good thing according to the Yahoo astronomer.

Edited by Pepperkorn

HEY! SCott Stevens dream last night! Haven't had one of those on a while.

It's kind of weird but...

I was watching a game and Stevens had decided to play again ... he was on ice --- then he skated off and I'm not sure if he was just behind the bench or if he was in the penalty box.... but ... he was helmet-less and wearing a tan suit. He was shouting at players and then he sort of just started aimlessly shouting and waiving a stick around and I noticed he was talking - well - what I was thinking was that he was talking the way I post - using words that weren't his, you know? Like saying you know, and well and some other things .. it wasn't as bad as saying "even" and "and stuff" I was just thinking what the hell is he yattering on about? Why doesn't he just calm down and watch the game and accomplish something rather than stand there hollering kind of brainlessly like he was posting on a message board.

I think it was a dream about you all not so much Stevens :giggle:

and he never wears a beige suit. :unsure: His hair was cute - it was a little longer like it gets when it just starts curling -- heeheehee so cute.

Weird dream last night... Vince Vaughn :blink:

We were at a big sort of family gathering party and he pulled me onto his lap and started kissing my cheeks and buring his nose in my hair and telling me how adorable I was and it was almost platonic.

He had a big scary wife - pretty but a 6 footer and beefy like a pro skier. She was loud and funny and impatiently patient. I went to go check on their baby just because I wanted to extricate myself from his adoration - it was very cozy though -- I bet my husband was cuddling me in my sleep in real life. Vince kept telling me I smelled cute -- so anyhow I went to look at his baby and it needed changing and his wife came in and said "Look you have to use the zippies for that" and threw a pink stretchy leg diaper "designed to hold in the poo" at the crib ... :huh: I thought wait a sec -- it's not my job to change your baby's diapers...

then I woke up...

Pricey food AND abuse. How do you NOT go more?

That burger is def worth the price, and I usually order it with goat's cheese so that is why it is even higher than what it should be. I also usually go on Thursday nights and play trivia there and 9 times out of 10 I come in first or second place so I always get at least a $25 or $15 gift card. My gf and I came in 2nd out of about 8 teams so we used the $15 gift card on this bill too.

It is fun antagonizing the Flyers fans. All I have to do is say "3 Cups" and they get all pissy. One guy I have never seen before there started to yell at me cause of my sweater and went on a rant and cursing at me saying the Devils are the reason hockey lost popularity in the late 90's and why it is not on ESPN anymore. My only reply was "3 cups: 2 through philly" and that shut his ass up real quick.

I don't think so. I always have pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving, so the stores you went to probably just suck.

Oh yeah, so do I...guess I didn't think of that haha. I went to Pathmark, Quick Chek and Rite Aid. I guess Rite Aid might not have it at all, but I have bought pumpkin pie from Quick Chek and Pathmark in the past. Oh well, the search continues.

Oh yeah, so do I...guess I didn't think of that haha. I went to Pathmark, Quick Chek and Rite Aid. I guess Rite Aid might not have it at all, but I have bought pumpkin pie from Quick Chek and Pathmark in the past. Oh well, the search continues.

Anytime I hear that, I think of The Waterboy.

"Bobby, did they end up finding the gorilla who broke out of the zoo and (punched you in the eye)?" "No mama, the search continues."

Being the random thread and all figured I'd throw that out there.