Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

A student driver almost hit me today on the parkway. He had NO idea what he was doing. Who tries to change lanes when a car is right next to them?! I know you're just learning to drive, but simply looking next to you would give you a clue that it might not be a good idea to switch lanes.

My best friend might be moving to Chicago for a job. I am happy for her, but sad she will be moving that far away. (Right now she's only in Boston and it's not too long of a trip.) We're both hockey fans (she's a Rangers fan) so I told her she needs to go to the Blackhawk's fan convention in July if she's up there so that she can get autographs for me. She told me I should just go with her, but I feel weird. I mean, I'm not really a blackhawks fan. My motives for going are purely shallow. haha.

A student driver almost hit me today on the parkway. He had NO idea what he was doing. Who tries to change lanes when a car is right next to them?! I know you're just learning to drive, but simply looking next to you would give you a clue that it might not be a good idea to switch lanes.

RSC?

Well, I'm going to ask this girl out tommorow. For the girls (LA, cupcake, etc) is saying something like "I think your very pretty and really nice/funny, would you like to go out sometime" good enough? This is someone that I sit next to in class and talk with, say hi to in the hallway, type of deal. I think she is really cute, maybe even out of my league. But I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired with the "shoulda, coulda, wouldas" and figure I have nothing to lose.

pray for me! :lol:

RSC?

Hey....I can switch lanes damn good thank you very much...I had 12 hours of practice going from Jersey to North Carolina over spring break :devil:

And by student driver I think she means a kid with the driving company doing the required 6 hours. I think my instructor was high :lol:

Well, I'm going to ask this girl out tommorow. For the girls (LA, cupcake, etc) is saying something like "I think your very pretty and really nice/funny, would you like to go out sometime" good enough? This is someone that I sit next to in class and talk with, say hi to in the hallway, type of deal. I think she is really cute, maybe even out of my league. But I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired with the "shoulda, coulda, wouldas" and figure I have nothing to lose.

Good luck bro. I'm rootin' for ya!

Edited by RSC

Yes, it was one of those kids in a car with the huge "student driver" sticker on it.

The daycare where I am currently employed Mondays, Weds, and Fridays hires back college students in the summer. This sucks for me since I was told when they come back I am not guaranteed my hours. If I get to work and they are overstaffed then I'm sent home.

Monday one of the older women I work with was asking me if I was done with school and where I go. I explained I graduated two years ago, but will be starting grad school in the fall. She apologized for thinking I was younger. Then the college girl exclaims, "OMG you're TWENTY FOUR I thought you were younger than me! You look like you're graduating junior high!" Then I had to listen to her go on and on and on and on about all the handles of liquor she is buying for this weekend. And the "best frat party" ever she went to two weeks ago. Then she started complaining about how she was told they MIGHT have to cut down on the returning college kid's hours and she said, "If they're going to cut any of my hours. I'll just quit. This is just my little summer job." I wanted to punch her in the face after 8 hrs. Plus she's lazy and did nothing. I changed all 12 kid's diapers TWICE that day and cleaned the kitchen after lunch (they had chili for lunch btw so that was extra fun) UGH

You don't necessarily have to start off the convo with the "I think you're really pretty, nice/funny" (although those are all flattering things to say). You could just ask her if she wants hang out sometime this weekend. Good luck, let us know how it goes!!

That works. I believe the words Andrew used were "Listen, I really don't know what to say to you, but I really like you." And I fell for him. Haha. :) Depends on the girl. I'm simple, down to earth and just pretty much laid back. You can ask Andrew. He said that, I agreed that my feelings were mutual and the rest is history. I agree, you should at least say something. And as LA said, you can always work your way up to that too. Ask what she's doing later on in the day, etc. Good luck either way!

Edited by cupcake23

Monday one of the older women I work with was asking me if I was done with school and where I go. I explained I graduated two years ago, but will be starting grad school in the fall. She apologized for thinking I was younger. Then the college girl exclaims, "OMG you're TWENTY FOUR I thought you were younger than me! You look like you're graduating junior high!

I get that all the time. People never believe me when I say I'm going to be 25 in December. I keep getting told I'm lucky if I look over 18. Hahaa

Honesty... that's what you need.

All my friends told me over and over again girls like a guy with confidence, acting like he's been there before... and instead of listening to them, I decided to be completely honest with Jamie. I felt completely embarrassed at what came out of my mouth.. but it was the truth. And I'm as happy as I could possibly be.

Just be yourself. That's honestly the best advice anyone could ever give you.

Honesty... that's what you need.

All my friends told me over and over again girls like a guy with confidence, acting like he's been there before... and instead of listening to them, I decided to be completely honest with Jamie. I felt completely embarrassed at what came out of my mouth.. but it was the truth. And I'm as happy as I could possibly be.

Just be yourself. That's honestly the best advice anyone could ever give you.

Good advice.

The bachorlette star said the same thing, she is looking for a guy that is Honest, has a sense of humor, and has the confidence when talking with her.

Edited by overtime98

Good advice.

The bachorlette star said the same thing, she is looking for a guy that is Honest, has a sense of humor, and has the confidence when talking with her.

You can't fake confidence though. I mean what I said to Jamie was ridiculous... That I had no idea what to tell her other than I liked her. And the past seven years of my life had been taken up by two relationships and because of that I have no idea how to flirt, read what girls are thinking, and things of that nature.

I mean the last time I was really "on the market" and single was middle school. You know, back when if a girl gave you a hug, you were going out.

So apparently I did something right because I find myself almost a month into a relationship with an amazing girl.

I don't get it. My online course for Summer I session meets three times on campus. It's a four-week course. How exactly does doing 75% of the course in person CONSTITUTE AN ONLINE COURSE?!

They even have a distinction for classes that meet AND have online courses, those are called external classes, and even those meet AT MOST 50% of the time. And this one was labeled online, which is supposed to mean one meet up at the beginning of the course if anything at all.

Ugh. F Kean. I'm taking an online course so as NOT to push my truck up the Parkway three times a week over the summer.

But I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired with the "shoulda, coulda, wouldas" and figure I have nothing to lose.

Good for you. Be sure to still try tomorrow! And I wouldn't bother opening with the compliments. Save those for date night. :evil:

hilarious. I loved how mellow they were. :giggle:

she wasn't here today :lol:

She reads the board!

I don't get it. My online course for Summer I session meets three times on campus. It's a four-week course. How exactly does doing 75% of the course in person CONSTITUTE AN ONLINE COURSE?!

They even have a distinction for classes that meet AND have online courses, those are called external classes, and even those meet AT MOST 50% of the time. And this one was labeled online, which is supposed to mean one meet up at the beginning of the course if anything at all.

Ugh. F Kean. I'm taking an online course so as NOT to push my truck up the Parkway three times a week over the summer.

You think that's silly. There is a course at my school called Intro to Internet or something like that and it is offered online! WTF...do you get an automatic A for simply logging into the schools website? :unsure: