Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

ame='njdevil26' date='26 July 2009 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1248651606' post='787690']

I've driven 1293 miles since Thursday. Yay.

but not through a tornado...

wow I've really fallen in this site -- no one gives half a turd of thought to my near death experience.

As you were driving through the tornado, did your (or Scott Stevens') life flash before your eyes?

ok the rink's lights are only turned on by key which i dont have access too. the only rink that has lights on all the time is fords and thats all i know of. the name of the rink/park is Boyton park. i has 2 rinks one is for i think 7-10 year olds, no nets and the other one is for the big league kids, and im not sure if the nets are out but i do have access to them along with some pads and extra sticks

6 or a little later would be perfect for me, actually. I'd be able to go home grab some food maybe shower get my hockey stick (street hockey, not roller, right) and make the 20 or so minute drive. By the way, can one of you guys give me an address so I can Mapquest it?

I've never actually been to this rink, so I have no idea other than a general idea as to where I think it is.

ok the rink's lights are only turned on by key which i dont have access too. the only rink that has lights on all the time is fords and thats all i know of. the name of the rink/park is Boyton park. i has 2 rinks one is for i think 7-10 year olds, no nets and the other one is for the big league kids, and im not sure if the nets are out but i do have access to them along with some pads and extra sticks

OK well I won't need a stick. Pads, though? I thought we were only gonna play street hockey and only goalieman would need pads (though I'm wearing my cup because of him). And I have no idea where any of these parks are, ha ha.

I've never actually been to this rink, so I have no idea other than a general idea as to where I think it is.

Gothca.

OK well I won't need a stick. Pads, though? I thought we were only gonna play street hockey and only goalieman would need pads (though I'm wearing my cup because of him). And I have no idea where any of these parks are, ha ha.

Gothca.

Okay, Boyton Park I know...well, I know how to find it anyway:

69 N Grand Ave, Port Reading, NJ

Interesting point about the cup. I didn't think of that. I don't own one. I'm staying the fvck away from Crasher if this does go through now. :ph34r:

Fords as in Fords Park on Rt 9 or Fords as in somewhere within the Fords section of Woodbridge?

I would be down for either, but I know Crasher doesn't care for the surface at Fords park.

I'm still terribly annoyed at Carteret for letting the West Carteret rink fall into such disrepair. Surface was awesome there when they built it.

Edited by thelastonealive

ame='njdevil26' date='26 July 2009 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1248651606' post='787690']

I've driven 1293 miles since Thursday. Yay.

but not through a tornado...

wow I've really fallen in this site -- no one gives half a turd of thought to my near death experience.

No I know what you mean. After I dropped Jamie off it took me over an hour to get from Bayonne to Clark. 440 was shut down, power was out, downed power lines, no traffic lights, everything was flooded, storm was still in full swing. I was actually quite scared.

Fords as in Fords Park on Rt 9 or Fords as in somewhere within the Fords section of Woodbridge?

I would be down for either, but I know Crasher doesn't care for the surface at Fords park.

I'm still terribly annoyed at Carteret for letting the West Carteret rink fall into such disrepair. Surface was awesome there when they built it.

yea i hate carteret for doing that im trying to find the number to them to find out the exact reason why the closed it down. and yes fords park as the park in fords on rt 9. you take 9 down past homedepot and make that right go down the road a bit and the enterence is one the right and make a left then go straight rinks on the right. Fords has asfalt as the surface btw

No I know what you mean. After I dropped Jamie off it took me over an hour to get from Bayonne to Clark. 440 was shut down, power was out, downed power lines, no traffic lights, everything was flooded, storm was still in full swing. I was actually quite scared.

Actually drove through Bayonne tonight and saw those downed power lines.... 440 was open when I went through but I saw the power out and street lights out.... Rt. 7 through Kearny was flooded as well.

Apparently 3 people were hit by lightning in Newark also.

Edited by overtime98

Yeah, I know where you mean. Like I said, Crasher's not fond of the surface, but maybe we can talk him down here to relive his Fords Cup winning glory days or somethin'.

As for Carteret, the whole WOR/Medwick Park area along the Rahway River is condemned. There's a sign around what used to be a playground at WOR park explaining that they need to survey the land and get some kind of cleanup going. It's definitely not something that will be fixed anytime soon, sadly. And the rink's probably last on the list of stuff they're gonna want to get fixed once they can. It's really sad, they're somehow making Chrome livable and the parks they already had in West Carteret are literally falling apart. Something's ass-backwards here.

ok just spoke to crasher on facebook, he said he doesnt mind. as for the key, i talked to kid that has it. he said we need a minium of 10 people to come, so i contacted my teammates from highschool i got 3 responses so that makes me+3 so far , rsc, crasher and lastone. so we got 7 bring a buddy or 2 and we could get it going

Actually drove through Bayonne tonight and saw those downed power lines.... 440 was open when I went through but I saw the power out and street lights out.... Rt. 7 through Kearny was flooded as well.

Apparently 3 people were hit by lightning in Newark also.

I hope those 3 people were the jerks who came up to my brother and his friends in my mom's truck and oiled the tires while trying to car jack them. Luckily my cousin was like HEY THERE ARE PEOPLE SNEAKING UP TO THE BACK OF THE TRUCK! My brother pulled a U-turn and got out of there even though the tires were spinning and crap. Scary... but I hope they were the ones hit by lighting.

PK, that sucks! Thank goodness you made it home ok. I think a small tornado or winds just as powerful just passed through my backyard. Our two heavy glass tables were flipped, our canopy is missing and all the crap my mom keeps around has been toss here and there. It's crazy out!

ok just spoke to crasher on facebook, he said he doesnt mind. as for the key, i talked to kid that has it. he said we need a minium of 10 people to come, so i contacted my teammates from highschool i got 3 responses so that makes me+3 so far , rsc, crasher and lastone. so we got 7 bring a buddy or 2 and we could get it going

I've got someone else coming as well. At least he's closer to my age. I'm gonna feel like sh!t when y'all are running circles around me. I mean, yeah, I'm still younger than Crasher, but all he has to do is stand in net. :P

I've got someone else coming as well. At least he's closer to my age. I'm gonna feel like sh!t when y'all are running circles around me. I mean, yeah, I'm still younger than Crasher, but all he has to do is stand in net. :P

I'll see if I can get a guy or two to come as well. Old man :P

Old AND horribly out of shape. Come Wednesday, I'm two days shy of 27. I don't think I like being ten years older than you whippersnappers.

I will be 25 in December if that counts for anything. lol

Still makes me old. :( My problem is I always make friends with people younger than me. Always.

-------------------------------

I'm currently highly addicted to Ministry's "remix" (it's a freakin' cover, I wish Ministry would just admit it when they cover songs) of the NCIS theme. Seriously, it kicks ASS.

Edited by thelastonealive