Low Attendance in New Jersey: The Devil is in the Details

NJD Jester

My point was that Newark has a long long long long long way to go. There is really no part of Newark your going to walk around at night and feel safe its just not going to happen yet. Geez the security people themselves have told numerous stories about doctors being pulled right out of their cars at gun point on bergen and south orange ave. Yea thats one area but you have the bloods set up nicely on the other end of newark off of Mcarter highway. Not saying Newark can't one day be a nicer city, its just a long way off.
Edited by Devils731

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao you just compared newark to clifton wow can you post more often I need a good laugh occasionally

Damn lurkers are so pathetic, the guy has nothing remotely interesting or relevant to bring to the board. Your a joke now go crawl back into your hole so that the adults can continue their conversation. Pathetic

lmao you just compared newark to clifton wow can you post more often I need a good laugh occasionally

Damn lurkers are so pathetic, the guy has nothing remotely interesting or relevant to bring to the board. Your a joke now go crawl back into your hole so that the adults can continue their conversation. Pathetic

I go to every game and feel completely safe at all times. You showed one lame letter that shows nothing and act as if it proves some point. I've gotten letters like that at my closed college campus back when I was in school. I also showed a disclaimer given inside the arena. Disclaimers show nothing so all you're really bringing to the table is your belief which is in direct contrast to all the personal experience I've had. What problems have you been part of or seen while attending an event at the Rock? I have seen none.

My point was that Newark has a long long long long long way to go. There is really no part of Newark your going to walk around at night and feel safe its just not going to happen yet. Geez the security people themselves have told numerous stories about doctors being pulled right out of their cars at gun point on bergen and south orange ave. Yea thats one area but you have the bloods set up nicely on the other end of newark off of Mcarter highway. Not saying Newark can't one day be a nicer city, its just a long way off.

I have plenty interesting or relevant to bring to the board. Yes, this is my 3rd post, which is ironic because you responded like you were 3 years old.

LOL. Someone realized he lives in a crappy neighborhood.

And who's (correct contractions, take note) acting like an adult here?

I know people who live in Clifton. Clifton *sucks*. It gets all the crap drifting out of Paterson and Passaic, and some of it of Clifton's own. You can deny it if you want, that's okay. I would rather live across the street from the Rock than in Clifton. Dunno why you see the Rock's location on a game night, as a problem, but have no problem living in Clifton.

I have plenty interesting or relevant to bring to the board. Yes, this is my 3rd post, which is ironic because you responded like you were 3 years old.

I go to every game and feel completely safe at all times. You showed one lame letter that shows nothing and act as if it proves some point. I've gotten letters like that at my closed college campus back when I was in school. I also showed a disclaimer given inside the arena. Disclaimers show nothing so all you're really bringing to the table is your belief which is in direct contrast to all the personal experience I've had. What problems have you been part of or seen while attending an event at the Rock? I have seen none.
Edited by njdevils783

So then your whole point boils down to "bad stuff happens in Newark but isn't related to attending events at the Pru Center"? How does that matter in relation to the hockey team or the prudential center? Bad stuff happens in every city in America. I grew up in the suburbs and in my town there was a famous mass murderer but that doesn't make it have any bearing on going to the football stadium.

You say I have had good luck in Newark, what problems have you had in Newark attending games? I know plenty of people mugged in NYC does that matter to MSG?

So then your whole point boils down to "bad stuff happens in Newark but isn't related to attending events at the Pru Center"? How does that matter in relation to the hockey team or the prudential center? Bad stuff happens in every city in America. I grew up in the suburbs and in my town there was a famous mass murderer but that doesn't make it have any bearing on going to the football stadium.

You say I have had good luck in Newark, what problems have you had in Newark attending games? I know plenty of people mugged in NYC does that matter to MSG?

Edited by njdevils783

I was going to go watch a game when I was in Jersey over break with my sister. The seat prices are/were ridiculous. I am not going to go pay that much money for something that I can watch on TV for free. Hell no. Bring the prices down and I guarantee people like me ("college students who don't have a boatload of money") would show up to more games.

I was going to go watch a game when I was in Jersey over break with my sister. The seat prices are/were ridiculous. I am not going to go pay that much money for something that I can watch on TV for free. Hell no. Bring the prices down and I guarantee people like me ("college students who don't have a boatload of money") would show up to more games.

lol no I wasn't trying to prove a point was just showing that Newark has still got allot of work to do. Like I said they have a promising start but will they really follow through on the long term? Plus as I said like 3 years ago when the move to Newark talk began I had a relative mugged at gunpoint in Newark so I'm always going to be skeptical. You've just had more luck then me. I'm happy you have nothing but great memories of Newark but I just dont. I mean you and I seem to argue every little point about everything. This is just stupid, its a matter of opinion. I'm not knocking the Rock its a beautiful building and I'll still go to games. But still doesnt mean I like the city.