Cam Janssen recalled from Lowell

Devils Pride 26

my first reaction was yay! but...I have mixed feelings about this. I just hope he dominates the rags if he plays that game

Edited by NJDevsFireOnIce

Can some wiser folk around here please explain to me why on earth we need Cam Janssen at all?

- Jeff

Cam Janssen puts opposing defenders on their toes and ensures that the Rangers, Flyers, Penguins, and Senators don't take too many liberties with our more fragile players.

Since Arron Asham is a black hole of scoring, I'd take Cam in a second.

I'll take an energetic wrecking ball with limited stick skills for 8 minutes a game over Asham's up-and-down, half decent, half lethargic, inconsistent 12 minutes (or whatever he plays) any day of the week. I just hope scumbag Avery doesn't sucker Cam into stupid penalties.

Can some wiser folk around here please explain to me why on earth we need Cam Janssen at all?

- Jeff

I'll assume you haven't watched the games this season against the Rangers where Avery roamed the ice surface like an idiot. If nothing else, Avery Orr and anyone else will be watching over their shoulder with Cam in the lineup. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Cam will make a huge difference in every game he plays but he serves a purpose in some games.

- Jeff

I don't think you will find any wise people that can answer that question, Janssen in the lineup ensures security of our star players and gets the defensmen on the opposing team off their game. You need hard hitters on your team and up front, we have none.

i rather have janssen in then asham, not like asham will give us anything differant.

Asham is good for one toe drag and an ensuing shot that misses the net per month. And he can sometimes be the subject of a legendary Sutter quote. Other than that, you're right, Asham has been pretty blah since the first month of the season.

WELCOME BACK CAMMER THE HAMMER!!!

When you compare Asham's stats with Cam's stats so far this season, Asham is doing a heck of a lot better.

:rolleyes:

The only reason for Cam in the lineup is that we need someone who can deck Avery once per period so he doesn't act like his moronic self.

And hey, Cam has scored one goal during his career... and I was at the game too! :evil: