Revitalization Around The Rock

The Rock 07

What's wrong with fake trolleys? If nothing else, they are more distinct/easier to spot than regular buses.

So paint 'em red, yellow or white...that sticks out.

but youre a fan of fake boobs ... :whistling:

Not really...but if done nicely......

Also, got a tip to head over to a bar called Krug's that supposedly had great burgers. DID. NOT. DISAPPOINT.

http://glocallynewark.com/wordpress/?p=1813

There is a pretty decent thread set up specifically for Food around The Rock that is convenient for anyone interested in checking out many of the local eating establishments.

Edited by 95Crash

http://newarknjcre.wordpress.com/200...-remain-in-nj/

The atlantic yards will never happen, Nets will be sold, NJ will win the jump ball, and the Nets will play in Newark.

Pretty simple if you ask me...

Sounds good to me!

Hey Geoff,

Welcome to the boards! I've seen you post on Wired New York and we have a couple of posters here who also post over there (thiswontwork, NewarkDevil5, among others).

Sounds good to me!

Hey Geoff,

Welcome to the boards! I've seen you post on Wired New York and we have a couple of posters here who also post over there (thiswontwork, NewarkDevil5, among others).

Good to be a part of it. I hope I can bring some value to the board and learn a thing or two...

http://newarknjcre.wordpress.com/2009/04/2...ed-with-arenas/

The NYC Market is over-saturated with new sporting venues. NJ Devils and the Pru Center are in the best position due to being first movers while others are struggling with ticket sales, sponsorships, construction financing, etc...

Great idea for the state of NJ to finance a refurb of the IZOD center...

http://newarknjcre.wordpress.com/2009/04/2...ed-with-arenas/

The NYC Market is over-saturated with new sporting venues. NJ Devils and the Pru Center are in the best position due to being first movers while others are struggling with ticket sales, sponsorships, construction financing, etc...

Great idea for the state of NJ to finance a refurb of the IZOD center...

...I agree

I saw this when walking on commerce st right across from the spot lounge the other day:

mainphpg2viewcored.th.jpg

mainphpg2viewcoreuju.th.jpg

The stuff was just put up on the windows over the past week but no inside construction yet. Hopefully a website of something will pop up soon

I saw this when walking on commerce st right across from the spot lounge the other day:

mainphpg2viewcored.th.jpg

mainphpg2viewcoreuju.th.jpg

The stuff was just put up on the windows over the past week but no inside construction yet. Hopefully a website of something will pop up soon

Actually it has been up there for about a month or so. The building was purchased in March for $1,050,000 including the liquor license valued around $150,000. They are hoping to open mid summer.

Here's an article on the Pabst Blue Ribbon bottle from the old plant in Newark. It is currently in a scrapyard in the Ironbound. The article mentions that Vanderbeek was interested in purchasing the bottle for the entry plaza on Edison Place but plans have been stalled thanks to the rent dispute between the Newark Housing Authority and the Devils. Pabst Bottle

Another thought...

I'm planning out my summer vacation and one of my stops is Columbus and the Arena District around Nationwide Arena is exactly what I have envisioned for around Prudential Center. They saved the old buildings, restored them, and used some as fronts on new buildings, and they built new buildings that look old but are modern. After I go there, I'll have pictures and stuff to say, I'm sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys!

Look at the real estate listings that I found around The Rock.

18 Green Street

218 Market (really nice)

45 Edison

41 Edison

Market Street Side of 41 Edison

Then here's the main page

Main Page

Edited by The Rock 07

Nice so I guess those properties are fully approved for construction. I'm really excited about all of this stuff happening.

You should sell your beach house and open a bar!

You could sell cupcake shooters!!

:whistling:

You should sell your beach house and open a bar!

You could sell cupcake shooters!!

:whistling:

After careful consideration, I'll keep the beach house lol..

Owning a bar around the Rock would probably be a blast during the season. A liquor license is about 150-200k though.

After careful consideration, I'll keep the beach house lol..

Owning a bar around the Rock would probably be a blast during the season. A liquor license is about 150-200k though.

The tudor on the first link would make a great pub

Sad part is these listing only prove how long its going to take to create the environment promised when the Rock was being built. Having looked at liquor licenses and the cost per a square foot I can personally tell you it's extreemly difficult to make it work with the way people pricing these out. I think it's sad that two of the buildings listed there for sale were designated for redevelopment and basically given to the current owner who will do nothing but flip them for a easy profit.

Sad part is these listing only prove how long its going to take to create the environment promised when the Rock was being built. Having looked at liquor licenses and the cost per a square foot I can personally tell you it's extreemly difficult to make it work with the way people pricing these out. I think it's sad that two of the buildings listed there for sale were designated for redevelopment and basically given to the current owner who will do nothing but flip them for a easy profit.

I went to college at NJIT and let me tell you compared to the late 90s, Newark is revitilizing at warp speed thanks to the Devils. Newark is the city god forgot so it takes some time to move anything there. Give it a few years, and hopefully a longer playoff season and there will have to be more businesses to handle the tourists coming in during the May/June days looking to hang out in good weather.

Give it a few years, and hopefully a longer playoff season

... and maybe the Nets. :noclue: