The Official Trade Brian Gionta thread

Triumph

It's not the trade threads themselves that are annoying it's the reasons for them, having a trade thread every time someone has a few bad weeks is beyond hair-triggerism (if that's even a word). If we traded every player that went into an extended slump we'd have nobody left on the team.

Okay if some writer puts some rumor in the paper there's a reason to discuss it. (N)Єverson, Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) and nhlline or whatever that site is we can laugh at. But just to say 'oh let's trade player X' because he hasn't done much for a few weeks is silly. And it's not to get on Tri, this is just a cumulative effect of seeing several of these types of threads already this season.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm for it only if it's Gionta for Havlat, I'd figure we'd have to give up a little more to get Havlat despite the injury risk.

He's fast, as good a pure goal scorer as Gionta will ever be, and a quality playmaker as well. Seems obvious to me.

never would get rid of sutter but i think he should count his blessings that larry robinson is an assistant coach and works with the d. this team would of folded a long time ago without him.

Wisest thing you've said yet Beetle...we finally agree! :rolleyes:

Gio will wake up, he has to. I don't want to give him the boot yet, and I don't think we have any reason to. Let him play and see if his stick and skates and sense comes back to him, because I know it will, just like I knew Patty would be there in time.

elias has always been a second half player and even though he has a slow start he has 7 gwg. i'd always take quality over quantity.

They are, but if Brian Burke keeps whining, you might see some changes. I think Havlat will be around for the taking for awhile, people aren't going to knock down the doors for him in the current environment.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised in the next CBA if they completely changed that rule, but Havlat is only signed through next year, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a huge deal in the '09 offseason.

I don't think we should trade Gio but if I had to trade him for anyone why not Corey Perry on the Ducks, he's very promising. We would probably have to throw in a draft pick and pay half of Gio's contract for that trade to happen though.

It won't happen because Gionta makes 4M next season and that will push the ducks' cap hit over 53M for next season while next year's cap hit cannot exceed the current max cap hit. Unless we take Schneider in your deal, otherwise, the league itself won't approve that trade.

What the hell is this?! This is from someone on another forum.

The XM Satalite Radio report was from half an hour ago and is an actual trade rather than speculation by the Vancouver Province. And Rasumussen was a mistake , it is now said it is unknown at the moment who else if anyone would be going to Vancouver with Elias....could just be Elias. The deal is NOT done and more could be added/changed but it could go down very soon.

To VAN: Elias, possibly more

To NJ: Morrison , Ohlund , draft pick