Game Night Production

HellOnICE

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what this thread tells us is everyone likes different things so game production will never make anyone 100% happy

LOL...yeah, I think everyone should just wear VR helmets and whenever we go to a game we can set them to whatever game production that makes us happy.

"Zombie Nation" is horrible horrible horrible as a goal song. I made fun of my roommate last year because the Bruins were using it, while we had Jersey's finest punk band doing "Ole!" which was friggin sweet. I don't see why there was a need to change it. If as you say fans didn't know what to do, perhaps it was because they were yet not acquainted with the song yet. They should have gave it a couple years to let it grow on people. I'm inclined to believe it would.

Oh, and they don't use "Rock and Roll part 2" anymore because Gary Glitter is a kiddie toucher.

"Zombie Nation" is horrible horrible horrible as a goal song. I made fun of my roommate last year because the Bruins were using it, while we had Jersey's finest punk band doing "Ole!" which was friggin sweet. I don't see why there was a need to change it. If as you say fans didn't know what to do, perhaps it was because they were yet not acquainted with the song yet. They should have gave it a couple years to let it grow on people. I'm inclined to believe it would.

Oh, and they don't use "Rock and Roll part 2" anymore because Gary Glitter is a kiddie toucher.

You're preachin' to the choir Kulags. The Souls Rule!

I personally still sing Ole during the Zombie Nation tune. It synchs up quite nicely! :boogie:

I've had Ole as my ringtone ever since I found out the Devils were using it. Every time someone calls me it fills me with hope of goal scoring.

I've had Ole as my ringtone ever since I found out the Devils were using it. Every time someone calls me it fills me with hope of goal scoring.

You know how long I've been looking for an Ole ringtone? I find an occasional one on shady-looking websites but I'm always leary of putting my number out there...where did you get one, if you don't mind my asking?

You know how long I've been looking for an Ole ringtone? I find an occasional one on shady-looking websites but I'm always leary of putting my number out there...where did you get one, if you don't mind my asking?

If you go to phonezoo.com, you can make ringtones up to 30 seconds long out of any MP3 you have on your computer. Sometimes it takes a while for it to get sent to your phone if you have Verizon (I had to send some of them a few times), but it's definitely the best site I've found.

Oh how I miss this goal horn/goal music tandem:

I can accept that the goal song isn't coming back, although other teams are still using it. But that goal horn was the best...gave me goosebumps when the Devils would score.

If you go to phonezoo.com, you can make ringtones up to 30 seconds long out of any MP3 you have on your computer. Sometimes it takes a while for it to get sent to your phone if you have Verizon (I had to send some of them a few times), but it's definitely the best site I've found.

Hmmm...definately seems like a neat idea, and I can get to just about everything on that site, but whenever I go to the "record from file" tab, it just leads back to the welcome screen. Thanks for the recommendation though, I'll check back and see if it's fixed in the near future...

Hmmm...definately seems like a neat idea, and I can get to just about everything on that site, but whenever I go to the "record from file" tab, it just leads back to the welcome screen. Thanks for the recommendation though, I'll check back and see if it's fixed in the near future...

Mmhmm, signed up, verified, all that fun stuff...still won't go through.

This thread did re-kindle my search a little and I did come across a free version of the ringtone, but it's not the part of the song I want (I want the actual goal song part, the one I found was the intro - it cuts out before the instrumentation even kicks in)...so while I'm partially satisfied right now, I'd really like to get this phonezoo thing to work so I can get the part of the song I want...

...though now that I think of it, I bet it's my browser, because this broswer is awful. I'm gonna try that now...

Edit: Yep, that was it. :doh1: Got it to work now, got the exact part of the song I wanted...file quality is lower than I like, but thats okay. Thanks man!

Hmm. Anyone know Vanderbeek's email/snail mail address? I'm in the mood to get things done...

I would imagine you would have to go through the Devils website and send an e-mail to customer service or something like that. Or track him down at a game, he's often there and has been known to roam both the upper and lower concourses.

OK, there's a lot of Haterade being poured on the Power Players right now, and since I know some of them I feel it's my duty to defend them.

In all fairness to the girls and their dancing abilities (or lack thereof), dancing skill somehow was not one of the things they were rated on during the hiring process. It was after the season started and the girls were all hired that the powers that be decided to have them dance. Blame the people in charge, not the girls.

Also, it's a requirement that in order to get hired as a Power Player, you have to be either a full-time student or have a full-time job. Most of the girls are teachers or are still in college.

I agree that they could definitely be better used to get the crowd into the game, but jeez. I've never seen more whining from people about good looking girls at a hockey game. We're not gonna get the Laker Girls in Newark, and even if their dance routines were better choreographed, we'd have people complaining that we're at a hockey game, not a dance competition. Take them for what they're worth.

Thank you.

One of the Power Players is a good friend of mine. She's a full time student, plus works another job. She wasn't hired based on dancing skills -- and that wasn't one of the requirements. She expressed concern over the fact that the organization wants the girls to dance more, she said either give them training and pay them for dancing, or cut the dancing altogether. I agree, though, if the Devils really want dancers, they should have gone out and FOUND dancers specifically. So, yeah, I don't think a lot of the hate towards the girls is warranted, at least when it comes to their skill.

I could never do it...bad knees. Plus, I'm totally not the cheerleader-type. Come on, me as a cheerleader?

I go to school with her, she's actually a huge Devils fan too. I think the job suits her well, and personally, I think she does a damn good job at what she does. I bet that's the thing that would surprise a lot people: the Power Players would probably agree about the lack of dancing skills. I think they're doing what they can. It could be better, but if the organization wanted full-fledged dancers, they should have changed the job requirements and found a different set of girls who CAN dance.

And as previously mentioned, these girls are all students, it's not like they have the most time in the world to devote to the team, especially when it's required they be students or have full-time work. Kind of tricky right there.

I could never do it...bad knees. Plus, I'm totally not the cheerleader-type. Come on, me as a cheerleader?

I go to school with her, she's actually a huge Devils fan too. I think the job suits her well, and personally, I think she does a damn good job at what she does. I bet that's the thing that would surprise a lot people: the Power Players would probably agree about the lack of dancing skills. I think they're doing what they can. It could be better, but if the organization wanted full-fledged dancers, they should have changed the job requirements and found a different set of girls who CAN dance.

And as previously mentioned, these girls are all students, it's not like they have the most time in the world to devote to the team, especially when it's required they be students or have full-time work. Kind of tricky right there.

Edited by njdevils_info

I would imagine you would have to go through the Devils website and send an e-mail to customer service or something like that. Or track him down at a game, he's often there and has been known to roam both the upper and lower concourses.