Richard Zednik cut bad in the throat - in stable condition now

Satans Hockey

I saw this last night. Its sooo sad, I really hope he's okay. This makes me think of Malarchuk(sp?), I dont know I dont think theres really anything the NHL could do to prevent this from happening again but I dont think it would hurt to try.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this was the weekend for injurys...2 refs zednik & Cleary from the redwings broke his jaw

hope all of them are doing okay :pray:

Glad Zed's is OK, i have always liked him as a player, and he had just started to find his form this season, hope he recovers back to full health.

Me too. I've always rooted him on, he's been a random favorite player of mine for years now. Josh and I were talking about this last night, we both agreed that had we been at that game last night, we would have left -- it would have been too much to handle. Glad Zeddie should be okay, thoughts and prayers are with him no doubt.

I am so thankful he is going to be okay. He was in my prayers last night. That photo of the fan reaction says it all.

I'm just glad that he had the presence of mind to stay on his skates and get to the bench as fast as he could. If he had sunk to the ice, it would have taken enough longer for help to get to him, that it might have been a life-or-death decision.

:pray:

Me too. I've always rooted him on, he's been a random favorite player of mine for years now. Josh and I were talking about this last night, we both agreed that had we been at that game last night, we would have left -- it would have been too much to handle. Glad Zeddie should be okay, thoughts and prayers are with him no doubt.

Semi-off topic: Ethan Moreau had a close call when he had a collision with Gaborik tonight, and Gaborik's skate came up right next to Moreau's right eye. He is really fortunate that it missed his eye and he just ended up with a cut rather than a life changing injury. Scary stuff, here is the video of it:

Apparently, Neil on Ottawa took a skate up around the face and was fine. Not sure of what exactly happened there but thankfully no one got hurt on any of these incidents.

You know they really should make neckguards and visors mandatory. I understand they can't save these guys from everything and that hockey is dangerous and violent but wtf...those skates are dangerous and if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, something is obviously going to happen. Some good examples are Downie and the ref, Clint Malarchuk, Trent McLeary, and now Ethan Moreau. Well McLeary was a puck but ... whatever.

Wow I didn't realize he was that emotionally affected by it. Not that I blame him at all, but I was always under the impression that he was joking around about it soon after the incident and played it down and such.

Ofcourse, how would you feel if you nearly died..?

Edited by Zajkisen