GDT: 2/15/08 7PM Devils vs Atlanta

msweet

sigh - the coach sees these guys in practice. Asham has some decent moves. You guys talk about it like one guy will absolutely make it and one guy will absolutely miss it. My guess is there'd be no more than a 5% difference between a guy like Martin and Asham over 1000 shootout attempts. So Sutter punted at most .05 points.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jannsen, Jannsen, Jannsen,....

- But he brings such energy....

- He'll charge the guys up....

- He's gotta be better than Asham or Pelley...

- He makes me smile.....

Many of the dreamers on this board continue to whine about Cam like he's going to bring something that puts this team over the top. Some of these people are the same people that quietly close their eyes as an opposing team forward skates down the ice and secretly hope to see a Stevens "ghost" check said forward into the boards.

The fact of the matter is that if Sutter/Lou thought that Cam was going to bring something that he would be in the lineup by now. I'm sure they'd like to see a return on what $$$ they just ponied up for him. Who knows maybe his game has been severly weakened since the injury this season, maybe they think he can't keep up, I'm not really sure.

Yeah, Asham is terrible, and Pelley has been a "safe" choice but not making any big mistakes but not generating much either....

But, just like I'm trusting Larry that he sees something in Oduya that's worth developing to keep him on the pairs each game, I'm trusting that Lou/Sutter and the coaches have more info on Cam's game than we as fans do.

Nostalgia is great, and so is the great history with this team, but putting Cam in to entertain a group of Devs fans when tough points are on the line each night is purely selfish desire for us as fans.

A fight...is not going to put the puck in the net, and more than likely...neither is Cam. :noclue:

Edited by DevilinLA

- He makes me smile.....

Many of the dreamers on this board continue to whine about Cam like he's going to bring something that puts this team over the top. Some of these people are the same people that quietly close their eyes as an opposing team forward skates down the ice and secretly hope to see a Stevens "ghost" check said forward into the boards.

The fact of the matter is that if Sutter/Lou thought that Cam was going to bring something that he would be in the lineup by now. I'm sure they'd like to see a return on what $$$ they just ponied up for him. Who knows maybe his game has been severly weakened since the injury this season, maybe they think he can't keep up, I'm not really sure.

Yeah, Asham is terrible, and Pelley has been a "safe" choice but not making any big mistakes but not generating much either....

But, just like I'm trusting Larry that he sees something in Oduya that's worth developing to keep him on the pairs each game, I'm trusting that Lou/Sutter and the coaches have more info on Cam's game than we as fans do.

Nostalgia is great, and so is the great history with this team, but putting Cam in to entertain a group of Devs fans when tough points are on the line each night is purely selfish desire for us as fans.

A fight...is not going to put the puck in the net, and more than likely...neither is Cam. :noclue:

Edited by Hasan4978

Carrying 8 defensemen when only 6 play a night is a waste, though.

We've been rotating 7 in and out though... the problem with Brookbank is we can't send him down or he'll get snatched off waivers (how we got him in the first place).... so we're kinda stuck wasting a healthy scratch on Brookbank

this is the least of the worries though....

makes me glad I walk to the train instead of wasting my time with shootouts :P

AH the curse of a new horn...

I'm guessing this is that new horn we were promised back when the arena opened?

Why don't they just unscrew one of the horns on an NJ Tranist train (or several of them I guess we would need), and use that?

Yes that was the new goal horn that was put in for last night's game. Its better than the other one that sounded like a muffeled train coming. It was really loud when Parise scored the first goal of the game for the Devils.

- He makes me smile.....

I know a lot of people view Cam as useless, but I'd rather have a 'useless' energized Cam who cares about the team and wants to do whats best for the Devils than a going-through-the-motions Arron Asham, especially when Asham is neither putting points up NOR is he being a physical force or menace.

I also don't see the hurt in wanting to be entertained as a paying fan on those nights when most of the team doesn't seem to be in the mood to be bothered with hockey.

I'll always point to that 3-0 loss to Pit last March. Other than the few minutes that the Rupp-Dowd-Cam line was out, it was like being at a funeral.

Yes that was the new goal horn that was put in for last night's game. Its better than the other one that sounded like a muffeled train coming. It was really loud when Parise scored the first goal of the game for the Devils.

I believe the horn they originally were using was a recording, that would explain why it wasn't as loud. The new horn sounds great.