Flyers Trade

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=230140&hubname=nhl

TSN.ca Staff

2/20/2008 6:23:25 PM

The Philadelphia Flyers have made their second trade in as many days, sending defenceman Jim Vandermeer to the Calgary Flames for a 2009 third round pick.

Vandermeer, 27, has three goals, 15 points and 71 penalty minutes in 54 games this season with the Chicago Blackhawks and Flyers.

He was originally signed as a free agent by Philadelphia in 2000, and spent parts of two seasons with the Flyers before being dealt to the Blackhawks in 2004.

Details to follow.

Gagne done for year. TSN.

"Gagne, 27, was injured on his first shift of the Flyers' 4-3 loss at Pittsburgh on Feb. 10 and sat out the final two periods. Gagne, who has seven goals and 18 points in 25 games, was examined the next day by the Flyers team doctor.

He suffered a concussion on Oct. 24, sat out four games, then had another concussion on Nov. 7 and missed the next 26 games. He said his symptoms were worse after the last two concussions."

11/06 re-signed as a restricted free agent by the Philadelphia Flyers to a five-year contract. He's a solid player and hope he makes it back next year.

3rd once again is overpayment for Vandeermer who Philly fans absolutely hate.

hm, you were high on vandermeer before the season - not a shot at you, just saying. i thought he played really awful in that 7-3 game.

he's definitely got skills and can drill people - but he's another vishnevski i think.

Looks like there is going to be a lot of wheeling and dealing from the Flyers up to the trade deadline. :lol: Holmgren is going to be a busy man there in the office.

He needs to if they want to make the playoffs. Their goaltending is sh!t

He needs to if they want to make the playoffs. Their goaltending is sh!t

You said it right there! :koolaid: The biggest problem for the Flyers has always been the goaltending. You think they would have figured that out after all these years. :lol: Guess not and hope they don't find a solution or a goalie anytime soon.

You said it right there! :koolaid: The biggest problem for the Flyers has always been the goaltending. You think they would have figured that out after all these years. :lol: Guess not and hope they don't find a solution or a goalie anytime soon.

Biron+Umberger for Gerber might work....for a short period.

hm, you were high on vandermeer before the season - not a shot at you, just saying. i thought he played really awful in that 7-3 game.

he's definitely got skills and can drill people - but he's another vishnevski i think.

Thats what I get for seeing limited viewings. When he was with Chicago he didn't look quite as bad as with philly. I guess when the team sucks it makes everyone look that much beter.

So, they traded Ben Eager for a 3?

LOL at Vandermeer getting fired. His screwup in the second Habs game last weekend was epic. Absolutely no coincidence that Modry came in right after, and absolutely no coincidence Vandermeer got sent far, far, far, away afterwards.

I guess their Sutter didn't see that game.

So, they traded Ben Eager for a 3?

LOL at Vandermeer getting fired. His screwup in the second Habs game last weekend was epic. Absolutely no coincidence that Modry came in right after, and absolutely no coincidence Vandermeer got sent far, far, far, away afterwards.

I guess their Sutter didn't see that game.

He missed David Hale's season in New Jersey, too.

I don't see many tears for sending David westward. Honestly, all 8 of our guys have been better than he was in 06-07.