Official NJDEVS Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

devilsrule33

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in lou we trust my ass. we needed something, and it looks as if pittsburgh is signing that something, along with OUR division.

Relax, and don't come jumping back on the bandwagon come playoff time.

wow. you sure do love your boys.

please explain how huet is better than:

brodeur, luongo, lundqvist, dipietro, turco, gigeure, nabokov, vokoun, kiprusoff, leclaire, miller, backstrom

then explain how he's appreciably better than: tim thomas, martin biron, dwayne roloson, bryzgalov, khabibulin, legace.

he is unquestionably in the second tier - where he fits, i'm not sure, but i think it's near the bottom.

brodeur, luongo, lundy, dipi, giguere, nabokov, vokoun, thomas, and maybe kipper are the only ones out of those you listed that i would take over him.

Turco is still overrated and huet is better. Same thing for miller

Backstrom I might take over huet, maybe. Its close, backstrom has had issues this year.

Leclaire is inconsistent and thus far a one season goaltender. People get enthralled by the 9 shutouts, but he hasn't been that otherwordly.

Thomas even is questionable. This is his first season where he has been something. Before this season he was an inconsistent train wreck.

Kipprusoft is average at best this year. Lundqvist is more inconsistent than thomas this season, so even he's questionable. These two both have top 5 potential, which can't be ignored.

Roloson....are you kidding me?

Bryzgalov needs to prove more than one season.

Bulin...about that...

Legace I would probably take over Huet actually. Though I want to see if he can endure a whole season.

People get caught in the Price hype and fail to realize he only has a 90 percent save percentage. Price's potential is amazing, but he's not there yet.

Oh ya, I have just collapsed of laughter at the stupidity of the ducks.

Its better if we dont spend our money right now on rentals. Lou's done dealing probably (maybe he'll shake off 1 or 2 d-men for draft picks).. The good is that our team gains physical d-man for a guy who is 4th liner who will barely last in the NHL. We have to look forward to the offseason when we can spend the $$ on UFA's

But what happens when we don't dish out the dough in this offseason? Last offseason, after the devils lost raffi and gomer, and the best they could come back with was Zubie and rachunek, all of us stood on our heads, but said to ourselves, 'At least we have the money to make some nice moves this trade deadline". I'm sick of just standing here acting like everything's okay, because the fact of the matter is Pitt got a million times better, and we didn't come close to improving. We are huge losers this TDL.

We're not even supposed to be in first place, if we can pull that off before the trade deadline and then add a defenceman I think we'll be fine.

Edited by Devs4LIFE