Rumor: B. Richards to Dallas/Hossa to Habs

Devs4LIFE

I think both will go down but they are still not official as of yet. Great trade for both Dallas and TB although I would have traded St. Louis before Richards. Brad and Vinny are best friends from what I hear. Dallas had interest in St. Louis a while back and Tampa in Turco. A bit surprised Dallas was OK with giving up Smith but for a guy like Richards I guess they had to give up something. I knew Hossa would end up in Montreal. They are that much better with him in the lineup if this trade is true. We will soon find out...

Well it looks like this could end up being like 90% of past trade deadline days, where we look in envy of other teams that land the big player for a couple scrubs and late round draft picks and wonder why the hell we couldn't offer something like that. It's like Christmas and watching other kids get awesome presents and you end up getting an Etch-A-Sketch with Richard Smehlik drawn on it. In Lou I trust.

Well it looks like this could end up being like 90% of past trade deadline days, where we look in envy of other teams that land the big player for a couple scrubs and late round draft picks and wonder why the hell we couldn't offer something like that. It's like Christmas and watching other kids get awesome presents and you end up getting an Etch-A-Sketch with Richard Smehlik drawn on it. In Lou I trust.

Ah but how often have those teams, that we become so envious of for getting players, won anything? Are the results there?

You got Richard Smehlik!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got Ken Klee. That sucked.

Given that this is just rumour, shouldn't the thread title be amended? Or the thread deleted as per msweet's notice:

If you post a rumor to look like a trade, I may not have time to edit the post title so I may just have to delete the thread.
Edited by Don

The thread title makes me sad. I keep on seeing "Breaking News!" thinking it's something different, yet it's still this unconfirmed speculation of nothingness.

Regardless, this title is no good, even if it had been a completed deal -- you need to put the trade itself and the source within the title, not just an attention grabber.

The thread title makes me sad. I keep on seeing "Breaking News!" thinking it's something different, yet it's still this unconfirmed speculation of nothingness.

Regardless, this title is no good, even if it had been a completed deal -- you need to put the trade itself and the source within the title, not just an attention grabber.

Agreed since TSN has it as a maybe TSN