Bryce Salvador to NJ for Cam Janssen

ghdi

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they're not done.

plus salvador makes this defense tougher which is a necessity. brookbank's nice but he's too slow to hit anyone.

i've never liked bryce salvador, so whatever. he's in that vein of overrated st. louis defensemen who played with pronger or macinnis and had nice looking stats as a result.

I'm gonna miss Cam but I'm happy for him as well. He's a good guy and deserves a chance to play and it seemed he really liked being a Devil. Now he will be able to be close to his family again. best of luck to him.

This isn't a huge pick up but it's a decent move for the Devils and it only confirms that there is more to come.

Cam on the phone TSN. He seems very happy to be going back to STL. Joked that it was a blockbuster trade to his parents. He's happy to go home and get a chacne to play, so he's pumped. Lou walked to talk to Cam in practice and let him know himself. He said the staff had gloomy looks on his face when Jannsen was walking to Lou's office. He had nothing but good things to say about Lou. He wants to play hockey, so he doesn't mind going to a team that maybe isn't contending for the Cup. Already referred to the Blues as "we have a....". He's excited.

He joked that he's going to score 20 now in STL. Says STL is crazy for thinking he can catch a 12:45 out of Laguardia. Very lighthearted about the whole thing. Going to be a busy day for the Cammer.

So long Cammmer, good luck sir.

Edited by HellOnICE

I'm gonna miss Cam but I'm happy for him as well. He's a good guy and deserves a chance to play and it seemed he really liked being a Devil. Now he will be able to be close to his family again. best of luck to him.

This isn't a huge pick up but it's a decent move for the Devils and it only confirms that there is more to come.

With Rupp taking on heavyweights like Ivanans this season, and Clarkson taking care of any middleweights - Janssen was extraneous. But he was also awesome. Oh well.

I can't see two defenders being moved so maybe Rachunek just gets dropped somewhere unpleasant? I guess we'll see how everything unfolds.

Apparenlty we have some interest in a physical defenceman and Barret Jackmann's name has been mentioned a lot.

TFP Link

So what about:

To Devils:

Jackmann

To St, louis:

Janssen

3rd round 2008

Devils get a solid stay at home guy to eat up minutes, St louis get a home town kid and a draft pick to sweeten the deal.

As much as I like Cam I think this deal is OK. It is a great move for Cam to play at home and Salvador, although not producing offensively like he was expected to early in his career, can't be any worse than some of the other D-men we have.

One would have to think that Lou has something else in the works to have so many D-Men on the roster.

With Rupp taking on heavyweights like Ivanans this season, and Clarkson taking care of any middleweights - Janssen was extraneous. But he was also awesome. Oh well.

I can't see two defenders being moved so maybe Rachunek just gets dropped somewhere unpleasant? I guess we'll see how everything unfolds.