Bryce Salvador to NJ for Cam Janssen

ghdi

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to Cam! Leaving under good terms!! Look forward to seeing him play the Devs next season and him getting a good welcoming from the Rock!!!!!

I will miss Cam, he was a pitbull on the ice. From the tone in this thread Salvador is our new whipping boy.
Edited by Masked Fan

eh...not a fan of this trade. Cam was the man...sure offensively he did not much more than a pylon but you can say the same for Asham, Pelley, and Rupp most of the time...at least the crowd got behind him and he put a spark in the lineup...for what? A big slow doof?? Good luck to Cam and hope Salvador does something for us...

I'm hoping I don't have to start the official I had Salvador club ala Ken Klee Club :D

Just saw this one

what a sh!tty trade. Salvador is garbage and we don't need him. He's not the steady, depth defenseman that we need. This will likely end up the same way it did with Smehlik and Klee. Salvador might not even work his way into our rotation.

Sad to see Janssen go. He was a fan favorite. He's not even worth anything...what does it say about Salvador when you get traded for Cam Janssen, and "energy goon". Not much.

Hopefully Lou turns around and trades him right away, and I certainly don't want to see Vishnevski or Greene go to accomodate salvador. Brookbank maybe...

Edited by '7'

I love Cam but he is expendable. Its nice they used him to get another defenseman but I can't get excited. Seems that they are just adding another mediocre defenseman to one of the most mediocre defense corps. Hopefully he steps in and plays well. With 9 defenseman surely one of them is on the move but its going to be for something minor like a draft pick. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the only splash the Devils make today.

OK I knew Salvador was injury proned (shoulder and knees), but take a look at the last few seasons of injuries. And most of you think this is a great pick up???? Plus the word about Havlat coming to play with Patti is swirling. So on trdae day we pick up two injury proned players....right. Not the best trade day we have had....well so far at least.

09-Apr-07 Missed the last 14 games of the regular season (fractured clavicle).

11-Mar-07 Fractured clavicle, remainder of the regular season.

30-Jan-07 Missed 2 games (lower body injury).

26-Jan-07 Lower body injury, day-to-day.

21-Dec-06 Missed 2 games (facial injury).

17-Dec-06 Facial injury, day-to-day.

18-Apr-06 Missed the last 17 games of the regular season (shoulder injury).

20-Mar-06 Shoulder injury, sidelined indefinitely.

18-Mar-06 Missed 5 games (right shoulder injury).

07-Mar-06 Right shoulder injury, sidelined indefinitely.

17-Feb-06 Missed 8 games (shoulder injury).

26-Jan-06 Shoulder injury, sidelined indefinitely.

25-Jan-06 Missed 2 games (shoulder injury).

20-Jan-06 Shoulder injury, day-to-day.

29-Dec-05 Missed 1 game (flu).

28-Dec-05 Flu, day-to-day.

01-Dec-05 Missed 1 game (knee injury).

26-Nov-05 Knee injury, day-to-day.

09-Aug-05 Re-signed as a restricted free agent by the St. Louis Blues.

Sure Cam was a fan favorite but I don't believe he is an asset to the team. Getting anything in return helps. This is not a major move but it is improvement. Don't let your emotions get in the way of seeing that this was a solid minor move. Judge the transaction at the end of the day or next week.

The devils really gave up nothing. As long as Bryce doesn't lose a game it is a zero sum.

C'mon people.. this trade is no big deal... we all loved Cam, but he's not really a player. Asham or Rupp is way better in this role all things considered.

We got a serviceable defensemen for essentially nothing (a 4th liner / scratch player). Salavdor will play nicely on our 3rd pair... whatever that ends up being.

If you guys get a chance, listen to the interview of Cam on TSN.ca. It's good to hear him so excited.

Also, he made some nice comments on Gulitti's blog. Best thing that could've happened for him. He got to go home, and we hopefully got a piece for another trade, although, with 12 mins left, it looks grim.

I for one will be switching over to the Dallas-StLouis game during intermission tonight, just in case he makes it there in time.

I think this is a good, solid trade. Cam hasn't played hardly at all up here, so the team has learned to cope in the room and on the ice without him.

Still waiting to see what becomes of the extra defenseman(men), if anything.

Good luck to Cam. StL is energized about their team and they're on the way up.

Yes Cam lost his roster spot this year but don't talk out of your ass about his 1 goal in 95 games. You rant and rave about how great Andy Greene is and he has scored a total of 3 goals in 73 NHL games. Like I said Cam was never here to put points on the board so saying he will be missed for his one goal doesn't make any sense.

Why are you comparing a forward to a defenseman?

This trade is a very Lou like trade. We always speculate about who he is going to trade for and he always picks out a random name that no one mentioned.

I don't know why anyone is really upset about Cam leaving. Asham is actually a better hockey player than Cam. I wish Cam luck in St. Louis but I could care less about him leaving.

Why are you comparing a forward to a defenseman?

This trade is a very Lou like trade. We always speculate about who he is going to trade for and he always picks out a random name that no one mentioned.

I don't know why anyone is really upset about Cam leaving. Asham is actually a better hockey player than Cam. I wish Cam luck in St. Louis but I could care less about him leaving.

Salvador was speculated though, it was reported a few days ago the Devils went and scouted both Jackman and Salvador.

Big trade deals blow up on you as often as they work; I'm definitely ok with them not making a big splash. Lotsa things look great on paper.

It is funny reading people going nuts though; very entertaining :)

#1 for me is we didn't give up any picks or one of the few legit prospects we have in the minors. If anything a spare defenseman for a pick or two would be appreciated; we'll have to see how things shake out as trades work through the league office.