Lou and Sutter are delusional

msweet

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Nothing has really changed from the arguments before.

Because msweet was totally right......

100% accurate and to the point.

Lou and Sutter were dellusional then..... and we crashed out of the 1st rd.

The teams left have all either made a splash in the trade market or in the UFA market

we fail at both

Because msweet was totally right......

100% accurate and to the point.

Lou and Sutter were dellusional then..... and we crashed out of the 1st rd.

The teams left have all either made a splash in the trade market or in the UFA market

we fail at both

No, Msweet was stil the delusional one to think there was some silver bullet deal that should or could have been made to marketdly make the Devils more effective in the playoffs without harming them in the coming seasons.

And what moves should the Devils have made that would have made them go further for sure? Would these deals have made the Devils effectively worse over the next 2 or 3 seasons? See, we're having the same argument as before now.

Edited by Devils731

Well no every season the Cup isn't won is a TOTAL failure remember, because it denies us our natural birthright of winning the Cup and going 16-0 in the process and don't you EVER forget that :P

Time to put down the video game systems!!!!

... reality.... a dish rarely served on NJDevs.com

now throw THAT up as a tag line!!!!! B )

Bravo in resurrecting this topic again, I miss it.

This thread was written in late February I beleive, right after the trade deadline had ended. The Devils were competing for the East. Fast Forward to May... a 1 victory 1st round playoff elimination. Msweet, props my friend. :beerbang: I never gave you your due. You saw the writing on the wall before anyone. (and had the B_LLS to post a thread on it)

*BTW: Where are all the people that mocked Pittsburgh for the Hossa deal now? :uni:

...and who was expecting them to go further in the playoffs?

I wasn't. I thought, with the right match-up, it was possible that they could win a round but I knew the Rangers weren't a good match-up (despite the rumor that it's actually possible to play well against a team you sucked against during the season, this rarely seems to apply to NJ). Also, we all know, at some point, the offense will simply not function. It was just a question of what round. Or, what game in the first round.

And, anyone who thinks it would have been different with a few different players, remember, the offense failed to function in the second round the last few years, before certain people left.

Hossa would have cost the earth in assets NJ didn't have although, I have to admit, I was impressed yesterday. I didn't think he had it in him to care in the playoffs the way he actually cared in that game. I still don't know whether he was thinking 'playoff win' or 'UFA contract', but, apparently, he capable of something for self-motivation.

I'm just glad that, during the fiasco that was the first round, I was on an Italian vacation paid for by someone else. Ah, Rome, Florence, Modena (Maserati Factory), Milan. I'd go back in a second if I could afford it myself or find someone else to fund it.

*BTW: Where are all the people that mocked Pittsburgh for the Hossa deal now? :uni:

They will come back after the Red Wings destroy the Pens in the finals.

These threads are so dumb. The devils could not have gotten anyone at the trade deadline since we had no one to offer. There is no way we could have matched the offer for Campbell or Hossa (even though there are indications we tried). Lou is fully aware the team needs to get better, and Sutter had been discontent with his team's play...ummm ALL SEASON. That does not sound like a couple of delusional people.

If you want to make any arguments regarding delusions, the only one who is guilty is Martin Broduer, who's delusions of grandeur require him to play every single game and then crap out in the playoffs. The rest of the team (and Sutter) then treat him and his MASSSIVE ego with kid gloves and the viscious circle is repeated.

This offseason will tell us how delusional Lou really is, but all signs seem to point to the fact that Lou and Sutter are struggling to adapt to the new NHL, precisely because it knows it cannot win without doing so.

I said it back then and I'll say it now: Lou and Sutter are/were delusional if they expected us to believe that this team as it was built had any chance of getting past the first round, much less going all the way. Any fans who drank so deeply from the Kool-Aid well that they believed the BS are/were also delusional.

I said it back then and I'll say it now: Lou and Sutter are/were delusional if they expected us to believe that this team as it was built had any chance of getting past the first round, much less going all the way. Any fans who drank so deeply from the Kool-Aid well that they believed the BS are/were also delusional.

I know, I just like to bust chops. It's futile arguing with the "Lou Lovers"

gallery_2180_87_95048.png

I don't see anyone on here consistently making the argument that this Devils team was capable of much more than what they achieved this season. So I don't understand the viewpoint of 'The Lou Lovers' - 'cause as I see it, I'm at about the top of that list. Where are the people saying the Devils are/were capable of a Stanley Cup run this year (without a massive dose of luck)?

God, you make it seem like the Rangers were unbeatable. Based on the parity in the Eastern Conference, I thought anything was possible in the playoffs, including a trip to the ECF.

If you thought Lou and Brent were delusional at the trade deadline, then you were delusional for thinking they were delusional because it was delusional to think that Lou was pulling a huge trade out of his butt. It wasn't happening.

If you thought Lou was delusional last summer, I'd be more inclined to agree, but I don't think that was what you meant. Or am I delusional? ;)

I don't see anyone on here consistently making the argument that this Devils team was capable of much more than what they achieved this season. So I don't understand the viewpoint of 'The Lou Lovers' - 'cause as I see it, I'm at about the top of that list. Where are the people saying the Devils are/were capable of a Stanley Cup run this year (without a massive dose of luck)?

I for one think it was a miracle we ended up as high as we did with such talent deprived team.

I didn't expect the playoffs at all this year, especially with a NHL level rookie head coach.

I think moving forward, Lou has fixed the salary cap issues that hampered us after Nieds left us, and I think he has a better sense of the teams needs moving forward.

This year was a growth season.

I for one think it was a miracle we ended up as high as we did with such talent deprived team.

I didn't expect the playoffs at all this year, especially with a NHL level rookie head coach.

I think moving forward, Lou has fixed the salary cap issues that hampered us after Nieds left us, and I think he has a better sense of the teams needs moving forward.

This year was a growth season.

Where are the people saying the Devils are/were capable of a Stanley Cup run this year (without a massive dose of luck)?

People are saying the Devils couldn't make a cup run this year so Lou/Sutter are delusional because they didn't offer whatever it took to get Campbell and Hossa, even if it cost 3 first rounders and all the teams top prospects. Then Lou/Sutter wouldn't be delusional because it would show they knew the Devils were about as good as everyone else in the east so they sacrificed anything to improve the teams chances, no matter by how little. At least that's the only way I can see the case made that Lou/Sutter were delusional and didn'd do what they should have.

Well no every season the Cup isn't won is a TOTAL failure remember, because it denies us our natural birthright of winning the Cup and going 16-0 in the process and don't you EVER forget that :P

Time to put down the video game systems!!!!

... reality.... a dish rarely served on NJDevs.com

now throw THAT up as a tag line!!!!! B )

I'm with CRASHER. Because in EASports, you can trade Gionta and a pick for Hossa. In the real NHL, it takes a 'win it now or suffer for a few seasons' trade. The Devils were FAR away from making that kind of deal.

I know its a broken record, but its still true... this was a rebuilding year. Even though individuals underachieved, the team as a whole overachieved greatly.

The addition of Hossa or Campbell was not going to make this team a sudden juggernaut. And of course Lou says the team is fine. Thats Lou-talk. The man will never say 'I don't think we can win the cup.'

God, you make it seem like the Rangers were unbeatable.

No, I make it seem like the Devils were incapable of winning a playoff series. I don't recall mentioning a specific opponent.

If you thought Lou and Brent were delusional at the trade deadline, then you were delusional for thinking they were delusional because it was delusional to think that Lou was pulling a huge trade out of his butt. It wasn't happening.

If you thought Lou was delusional last summer, I'd be more inclined to agree, but I don't think that was what you meant. Or am I delusional? ;)

My brain hurts. :wacko:

Where are the people saying the Devils are/were capable of a Stanley Cup run this year (without a massive dose of luck)?

He moved on to complaining about Sean Avery threads.

And of course Lou says the team is fine. Thats Lou-talk. The man will never say 'I don't think we can win the cup.'

You won't find many GMs that will come out in the press and say their team isn't good enough for whatever the question asked is. If a GM did come out and say their team wasn't good enough, no matter how obviously true it is, he would get ripped by the media and a ton of the teams fans. To say what players, coaches, and GMs say to the media is what they really think, feel, or believe is delusional.

they didn't offer whatever it took to get Campbell and Hossa, even if it cost 3 first rounders and all the teams top prospects.

...well, what I heard was this: It would've "cost" 5 first rounders, all of the teams top prospects AND Lowell's too, Lous first born, and Sutter's soul. But that's just what I heard bro.

...well, what I heard was this: It would've "cost" 5 first rounders, all of the teams top prospects AND Lowell's too, Lous first born, and Sutter's soul. But that's just what I heard bro.

Add the Campbell and Hossa packages together and see what that would cost. 3 first rounders, Corrente, Bergfors, and Zajac may be the equivalent or it might be a little less.

Add the Campbell and Hossa packages together and see what that would cost. 3 first rounders, Corrente, Bergfors, and Zajac may be the equivalent or it might be a little less.

And what the F does that have anything to do, with doing nothing at the deadline??? So Pittsburgh beat us to Hossa. So what?! Does that equate in gettng a ninth defenseman? Was this deadline just Hossa or bust? If we didn't get Hossa, there was no point in trying to improve the teams offense via a trade(s)?

And what the F does that have anything to do, with doing nothing at the deadline??? So Pittsburgh beat us to Hossa. So what?! Does that equate in gettng a ninth defenseman? Was this deadline just Hossa or bust? If we didn't get Hossa, there was no point in trying to improve the teams offense via a trade(s)?

I'm not sure Salvador was a 'ninth' defenseman. Unfortunately, he was injured after the trade, but sorry, I though he was better at least a few on our team before the trade. If you are complaining that they kept all the d-men here, well, that's another question, but he wasn't the ninth defenseman.

I know, you wanted offense. You didn't get it. But we didn't get a 'ninth' defenseman. We improved a defense that wasn't that great - sorry, really, it wasn't - and from what I saw, in terms of what was traded in terms of offense, what Lou missed out on at the deadline might have been Fedorov, and there is no guarantee that he wakes up and performs in NJ even at the level he performed at in DC. Most teams were either asking the earth or weren't trading, if you see what moved at the deadline.

I guess what you are arguing is that we should have held on to Janssen who no longer had a place on the team rather than trade for a rental defenseman who was actually an upgrade before he was injured - because there were no offensive trades available.

No, I make it seem like the Devils were incapable of winning a playoff series. I don't recall mentioning a specific opponent.

I consider myself a realist, and I thought that a first-round victory was possible no matter who the Devils played. Was it realistic to think that Philly could win two rounds? Apparently, yes.

If you didn't care what Hossa and Campbell would have cost together why were you comment on it? There really weren't any impact deals to be made. If you didn't want Campbell and Hossa what big deal did the Devils miss out on making? Would any of these deals increased the Devils chances of winning by an amount large enough to think about sacrificing future pieces?