Madden should be captain

oconnellrules

I was just thinking about the off season trade move that still baffles me and maybe someone can help explain.

Lou proposed John Madden for Bobby Holik and the Thrashers denied??!!

I had a hard time believing it when I first saw it, but I am so glad Atlanta shot it down. While I loved Holik while he was in NJ, he has been on a steady decline with injuries to boot. Madden is a Selke candidate every year and is having a great offensive season. No offense to Elias, Langenbrunner, or anyone else on the team, but John Madden (to me) was a no-brainer to be captain. He is the poster boy for what Devils hockey has always been about; hard-nosed, intense, smart hockey.

Anyone hear me on this?

I was just thinking about the off season trade move that still baffles me and maybe someone can help explain.

I had a hard time believing it when I first saw it, but I am so glad Atlanta shot it down. While I loved Holik while he was in NJ, he has been on a steady decline with injuries to boot. Madden is a Selke candidate every year and is having a great offensive season. No offense to Elias, Langenbrunner, or anyone else on the team, but John Madden (to me) was a no-brainer to be captain. He is the poster boy for what Devils hockey has always been about; hard-nosed, intense, smart hockey.

Anyone hear me on this?

Madden, Elias and Langenbrunner are all good choices for Captain.... and there's the trick... good choices.... this Team has no Stevens... er scratch that... it's only great player is in goal and league rules prohibit him from being captain.

As for the proposed trade of Madden for Holik.... until I hear Lou say he did that, I'd be skeptical of that rumor if I was you.

I'm a big fan, especially due to my favorite of all goals, the shortie. But, while having the Maddog be a Captain is very appealing to me, Langs has been a VERY VERY good leader from what I see on the ice. He has been hussling more than everyone around him, johnny on the spot when it comes to passing into the zone and forechecking, and has really impressed me. My only unknown is how he is in the locker room.

Madden would be a great selection for the C if anything ever happened to Langs, for sure. But I couldn't think of stripping Langs with all the great work he has shown in every game.

I'm just fine with Langenbrunner as captain. Then again, since I dared to question the content of the Kool-Aid and apparently outed myself as a bandwagon fan who is only happy when the team goes 82-0-0 and sweeps its way to the Cup while Lou brings in a cavalcade of big-name players, I'm not sure my opinion counts anymore. <_<

EDIT: That's not to say Madden wouldn't be a good captain, but as Masked Fan said, there's no use in stripping the C from Langs at this point.

Edited by RowdyFan42

I love Langs as captain and, while I believe Mad dog would be a great captain as well, the team seems to have benefitted from number 15's leadership. Why mess with a good thing for now?

Plus, I think Elias being stripped is the best thing that happened to him, his gameplay is vastly improved.

Edited by britoon

Unless Madden has undergone a complete transformation since the beginning of the season, or really over the last couple of seasons, then why would we name him captain? Both Elias and Langs were chosen over him after he'd been here quite awhile... I am sure if management thought he was the right guy for the job then he;d already be wearing the C.

Unless Madden has undergone a complete transformation since the beginning of the season, or really over the last couple of seasons, then why would we name him captain? Both Elias and Langs were chosen over him after he'd been here quite awhile... I am sure if management thought he was the right guy for the job then he;d already be wearing the C.

Anyone hear me on this?

Madden, Elias and Langenbrunner are all good choices for Captain.... and there's the trick... good choices.... this Team has no Stevens... er scratch that... it's only great player is in goal and league rules prohibit him from being captain.

As for the proposed trade of Madden for Holik.... until I hear Lou say he did that, I'd be skeptical of that rumor if I was you.

Between Madden not getting the C and this supposed rumor of a Holik trade (again, consider the source ... (N)Єverson), I have a feeling that the Devils management/coaching staff knows something about Madden's personality that we don't. Something that, say, might compel a player to shoot a puck at the head coach.

Between Madden not getting the C and this supposed rumor of a Holik trade (again, consider the source ... (N)Єverson), I have a feeling that the Devils management/coaching staff knows something about Madden's personality that we don't. Something that, say, might compel a player to shoot a puck at the head coach.

Indeed. I forgot about that puck thing.

... I have a feeling that the Devils management/coaching staff knows something about Madden's personality that we don't. Something that, say, might compel a player to shoot a puck at the head coach.