Anyone else headed to Montreal tomorrow?

MadDog2020

I'm headed up for the game tomorrow and was wondering if anyone else from the board was going? Maybe we can meet up for a beer or something. Planning on leaving around 10 tomorrow to let the snow storm headed for upstate NY clear out- could be a tough ride judging on the forecasts I've read. So anyone else gonna brave the weather and make the trip up?

It was 1 degree farenheit when I checked this morning. Weather.com said in the 20sF tomorrow.

I too will be making the trip. I hope the snow isn't a problem. I am traveling by bus. I hope I make it there in time for the game. I usually go to Ziggy's pub on Cresent St. before the game. It is a few blocks away but there really isn't much right next to the arena.

It was 1 degree farenheit when I checked this morning. Weather.com said in the 20sF tomorrow.

I too will be making the trip. I hope the snow isn't a problem. I am traveling by bus. I hope I make it there in time for the game. I usually go to Ziggy's pub on Cresent St. before the game. It is a few blocks away but there really isn't much right next to the arena.

I love Montreal but there is no way im heading up to that game tomorrow. I tend not to go to as many far road games anymore unless it's the playoffs. I still go to some of the road games at the Rangers, Islanders and Flyers but those don't really count cause they are so close.

Have a safe trip though. Montreal is a great city.

The bus heads up through NH and VT. The snow isn't supposed to start in Boston until 9am but who knows. They are calling for 6 inches here but I don't know about points north.

I swear if the snow ruins this trip like it did my Vancouver trip I am going to punch the weather gods.

I'm headed up for the game tomorrow and was wondering if anyone else from the board was going? Maybe we can meet up for a beer or something. Planning on leaving around 10 tomorrow to let the snow storm headed for upstate NY clear out- could be a tough ride judging on the forecasts I've read. So anyone else gonna brave the weather and make the trip up?

MadDog2020, I am from Morris County and live on the border of Somerset, Union, and Morris counties now. How far is the drive for you? I thought when I map quested it a while ago it was 12 hours, but it seems like you are getting there much faster.

I'm in Budd Lake, and it's only about 6 hours. I was up in Montreal about 9 years ago and it only took 6 hours. It's further to Toronto- closer to 9. It's not that bad a drive to Montreal.

I live in Morris County too. The drive, with the weather and all, is probably going to be closer to seven-7.5 hours, I reckon.

Sorry about that, I don't know why I only directed the question at MadDog2020, I should have known that you lived in Morris County, not only because it actually says it under your username (yeh I missed the obvious) but since I had your uncle as an instructor at the fire academy there so I knew you were probably from around that area. :doh1:

Glad to hear that the drive is not nearly as bad as it was when I map quested it or I just didn't remember the correct time. I'm thinking about heading up to Montreal for a spring break trip in a couple of weeks.

Enjoy the game MadDog2020 and RD!