New York Mets Thread

Devils Pride 26

Well here we go down to Game #162 again tied, this time for the Wild Card...if Ollie wants a huge contract this offseason let him earn some of that money tomorrow.

And Scott Olsen's had a lot to say about the Mets this week and is a punk in general, hopefully the bats show up for one game in this series and give him a beating.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont care what anyone says.. this is TOO eerily familiar to last year..

Friday vs Marlins 2007: Loss.

Friday vs Marlins 2008: Loss.

Saturday vs Marlins 2007: Maine dominated the Marlins, struck out 14. Mets win.

Saturday vs Marlins 2008: Santana dominated the Marlins, struck out 9, CG shutout. Mets win.

Sunday vs Marlins 2007: Glavine, FREE AGENT-TO-BE, gets shelled in the 1st inning. Mets lose.

Sunday vs Marlins 2008: Perez, FREE AGENT-TO-BE, .......?

Ohhhhhh boyyyy. This start WILL undoubtedly reflect how much $$$ is thrown at Ollie this Christmas.

Of course it's similar to last year, but it's also one more opportunity to bury the ghosts once and for all. Yeah we didn't win the division but we did at least beat the Phillies head-to-head. Just make the playoffs.

And Glavine wasn't pitching for a contract last year, he just wanted to go home. I don't even know that Ollie's thinking about money (while he's pitching), god knows he didn't start the season very well or pitch well lately for that matter.

Can't count on the Cubs for much tomorrow, Zambrano's starting but only supposed to pitch an inning or two, it'll be bullpen by committee for the Cubs. I don't know how many of their regulars are going to play but they've rested them a lot this week, I'd have to believe most of them will at least get a couple of at bats.

161 games down and 1 BIG ONE LEFT TO GO in this Mets season! (maybe 2 with a game on Monday vs. the brewers for the NL WC.) :P

Great win today and Santana is just amazing! he did what he had to do and got the win. Now Perez has to step up his game tomorrow and put the Mets into the playoffs!

Congratulations to the Phillies for winning the NL East for a second straight year as the Mets gave it away once again. :puke: Phillies played better down the stretch in September than the Mets and that was the difference once again. Having the weaker schedule also helped the Phillies win too. Maybe next season they will have a tougher one.

Looking forward to tomorrow and getting there early to soak in the Shea atmosphere and the fans that wil be ready for this game come 1:10 PM. After the game will be more festivities with the closing of Shea Stadium. It will be very emotional tomorrow one way or the other. I am hoping for the better and being happy with a win and a Brewers loss. Get it done Mets!

Lou and the Cubs are going with Zambrano on the mound tomorrow vs. CC. Wow! Lou must not want to play the Dodgers and Torre in the 1st round of the playoffs. I think he wants to play the Mets in the 1st round.

Always BELIEVE!!! :koolaid:

CMON PEREZ!!!

CMON METS!!!

LETS GO METS!!!

Congratulations to the Phillies for winning the NL East for a second straight year as the Mets gave it away once again.

And the fact we had no Church for half the year, No Alou ALL YEAR, no consistent 2B, no bullpen, no Maine, no closer. Add in a quality Maine, a healthy Church AND Alou, a quality bullpen, and a great closer, and you got a different NL East winner and probably a 100+ win team.

Next season: healthy Maine, you know the bullpen is going to be better, welcome K-Rod, buh bye Castillo, and who knows what else.

So yes I can conclude the Mets OFFICIALLY handed the Phillies their 2nd straight division. Hell not even with all of those other factors, if we had a more quality bullpen and/or closer then we would've STILL won the division. Even with no Maine, or no 2B, or no consistent corner outfielders.

Edited by nmigliore

And the fact we had no Church for half the year, No Alou ALL YEAR, no consistent 2B, no bullpen, no Maine, no closer. Add in a quality Maine, a healthy Church AND Alou, a quality bullpen, and a great closer, and you got a different NL East winner and probably a 100+ win team.

Next season: healthy Maine, you know the bullpen is going to be better, welcome K-Rod, buh bye Castillo, and who knows what else.

So yes I can conclude the Mets OFFICIALLY handed the Phillies their 2nd straight division. Hell not even with all of those other factors, if we had a more quality bullpen and/or closer then we would've STILL won the division. Even with no Maine, or no 2B, or no consistent corner outfielders.

Exactly but that's no excuse. They needed to find a way to get it done with the players they had. They have to make the playoffs though or they will never hear the end of it. They tought last year was bad but if they do it 2 years in a row.

Mets had 33 blown saves this season by their BP. :puke: if they even won half of those blown saves they would have ran away with the NL East for sure. Next season it will be a lot different. Need to scrap the BP and rebuild it back up along with half of the starting rotation. if Perez is dominant tomorrow and gets the win and does well in the playoffs, he may return to the Mets next season. Right now I do not see him coming back. Perez has to prove his worth tomorrow and hopefully in the playoffs like he did in 2006.

Exactly but that's no excuse. They needed to find a way to get it done with the players they had. They have to make the playoffs though or they will never hear the end of it. They tought last year was bad but if they do it 2 years in a row.

There is a difference though.

Last year in 2007 it was a collapse with a 7-game lead with 17-games to go.

This year in 2008 it will be known as a "choke" when they had a 3.5-game lead with 17-games to go if it should happen again.

What do u mean its no excuse? This bullpen is the worst in the league, I wonder what the MLB record is for blown saves from a bullpen in a season.. Im sure the Mets 2008 bullpen ranks up there

161 games down and 1 BIG ONE LEFT TO GO in this Mets season! (maybe 2 with a game on Monday vs. the brewers for the NL WC.) :P

Great win today and Santana is just amazing! he did what he had to do and got the win. Now Perez has to step up his game tomorrow and put the Mets into the playoffs!

Congratulations to the Phillies for winning the NL East for a second straight year as the Mets gave it away once again. :puke: Phillies played better down the stretch in September than the Mets and that was the difference once again. Having the weaker schedule also helped the Phillies win too. Maybe next season they will have a tougher one.

Looking forward to tomorrow and getting there early to soak in the Shea atmosphere and the fans that wil be ready for this game come 1:10 PM. After the game will be more festivities with the closing of Shea Stadium. It will be very emotional tomorrow one way or the other. I am hoping for the better and being happy with a win and a Brewers loss. Get it done Mets!

Lou and the Cubs are going with Zambrano on the mound tomorrow vs. CC. Wow! Lou must not want to play the Dodgers and Torre in the 1st round of the playoffs. I think he wants to play the Mets in the 1st round.

Always BELIEVE!!! :koolaid:

CMON PEREZ!!!

CMON METS!!!

LETS GO METS!!!

I will be there also... I have Row 2 behind the Mets dugout

Edited by overtime98

Zambrano has been scratched. Angel Guzman will pitch.

Chalk that up as a Brewer win.

Sadly I dont see Ollie giving us more than 4-5 innings. Which means our bullpen will need to give us half the game.. hopefully we are up big.. and not trailing big

Edited by nmigliore

Go Cubs...watch the Brewers tack on a five-spot now that the Mets are trailing :rolleyes:

And Ollie better not blow up here, at least keep the team in the game.

yea, it's our only way. Ollie completely imploding. Get him outta there

3 straight hits. Jacobs set to jack one