Does any team in the east...

TomsRiverDevil

If Montreal has home ice advantage it will be very tough to beat them in the playoffs. I know people don't like to hear this but they have the strongest home town bias in the league. It has always been there. Plus they have the strongest PP in the league to make the opposing team pay for nothing.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Devils play like they did tonight they can be the team to beat in the East. Brodeur playing very well and think he will the rest of the way. If the Devils played like they did vs. the Capitals it could be an early exit. As long as Brodeur is in goal the Devils have a chance against anyone in the East.

My prediction. Stanley Cup Finals 08' Dallas vs. Montreal. Who will win. I have no idea. Probably the Habs.

From a Stars fan pov - how awesome would that be! Current Stars vs 99 Stars (Gainey, Carbonneau, & Jarvis) plus throw in Kirk Muller. :)

In the West, I'm scared of San Jose probably more than anyone else. If they continue to play well this last month, they'll end up ahead of us in the standings, because they have about 4 more games left than we do. If Detroit gets healthy, they scare me, especially because they seem to have Turco's number. I should probably be afraid of Anaheim, too, now that Selanne and Nieds are playing. But if the Stars stay healthy and Turco stays focused, we can play with any of them. Boucher's back, Zubov will be back before the playoffs, and hopefully Richards will be the offensive addition that puts us over the top.

Edited by Nieuwy25

The man who posted 3 SOs in a 7 game series with a 1.29 GAA and a .952 save percentage in last year's playoffs? Yes, I think we're all aware of this.

Not bad.... for the 2nd best goalie in that series. Difference is our guy pitched the shut out in game 7.

I think the Stars are going to be tough to beat. Brad Richards will make a huge difference in the playoffs.

The East is going to be tough, but you have to remember that it doesn't matter if the West has 1 or 6 tough teams - only 1 can make it from each conference. From there anything can happen in a seven game series.

Never bet against the Marty Brodeur in the playoffs, if the Devils get hot scoring goals they would be virtually impossible to beat. The problem is, no one knows which teams will peak at the right time.

I'm hoping that the finals give us Dallas against New Jersey or Montreal. If we can't get the Devil's I would love to see a Canadian team in there.

Not bad.... for the 2nd best goalie in that series. Difference is our guy pitched the shut out in game 7.

I won't argue that Turco is better than our Marty, or anything close to it. Nor did I lose sight of the fact, Beetlebum, that Dallas lost that series. But that first game went 4 OTs and he made 51 saves, only to be outdueled by Luongo... surely that's never happened to a great goalie before. He rebounded from that game by shutting out the Canucks, then allowing 2 goals in back to back games, only to follow those up with 2 more SOs. In game 7 he let in 2 goals on 30 shots.

You really want to place the blame for losing that series on Turco?

In 2001-2002 against the 'Canes, I don't recall much backlash against Brodeur for posting a 1.41 GAA and 1 SO in a 6-game exit.

So you're completely discounting Turco's performance in last year's playoffs, because obviously a player can never improve on past performances.

Again, I'm not claiming that Turco will replicate those stats this year again, but you can't deny that he played out of his mind last year - and you can't place sole blame on him for the Stars bowing out after one round.

marty won two cups by that point.
Edited by insanity_gallops