MSG+

NJTank99

According to the first thread that was posted about this, supposedly this marks an effort to actually IMPROVE the amount of coverage the Devils and Isles receive on the MSG family of networks.

Also, I thought the "FSN packages" were actually just RSN (regional sports network) packages. Aren't channels like NESN (New England) and Altitude (Colorado) included? And I thought I remembered the original thread saying that MSG/MSG+ would retain its FSN affiliation.

What are the chances we don't have to listen to Stan Fischler again? His anti-Devils sentiments really piss me off. Yes, I understand you're an old fart from Brooklyn, Stan, but since you're a professional, at least pretend like you give a sh!t about the team you're covering.

I know a lot of people feel the same way about Al Trautwig, but he doesn't bother me as much, for whatever reason. I heard these two were throwing jabs at the Devils during their show last night, too, though I didn't hear it, so I can't say for sure. Anyone catch it?

I know a lot of people feel the same way about Al Trautwig, but he doesn't bother me as much, for whatever reason. I heard these two were throwing jabs at the Devils during their show last night, too, though I didn't hear it, so I can't say for sure. Anyone catch it?

I didnt specifically hear last night's comments but trautwig's ass kissing of anything rags rivals sam rosen's .

What are the chances we don't have to listen to Stan Fischler again? His anti-Devils sentiments really piss me off. Yes, I understand you're an old fart from Brooklyn, Stan, but since you're a professional, at least pretend like you give a sh!t about the team you're covering.

I had the pregame on while I was reading the paper, so I wasn't 100% paying attention, but someone else in the room told me Trautwig said "we'll look at some e-mails from Devil fans after the break, if there are any." Or something to that effect. Thanks Al.

Unfortunately in the tri state area we are all stuck with Fischler unitl he retires which I hope is real soon. :P he is up there in age and it could be in the next 3-5 years or so.

except theyll give us another rags in Devils clothing like cangelosi .. :puke:

except theyll give us another rags in Devils clothing like cangelosi .. :puke:

Fischler will never die, come on guys you know this! :D

Anywho, yes, MSG+ will continue to have its FSN affiliation to keep awesome programming like The Best Darn Sport Show this side of the Hootinany and no one will loose Devils games who have the Sports Packages that live outside this area.

So don't worry folks, nothing will change in *that* respect.

They do want to improve the content though over time, including perhaps some type of summer programming - except they lost it all - so I'm not quite sure what they are going to do there.

Oh, and they are changing all the graphics for us because the standard working set is too crappy for the likes of MSG.

I'm curious what they are going to call FSN NY 2... MSG++? Sounds like a bad programming language. :evil:

I think Fischler is fair, at least he is better then that damned sycophant Trautwig, I recall when the Mets were briefly on MSG, he refused to work for them because of his Yankee love, there is strike two.

Any way we got Daneyko doing Intermission thats good enough for me.

I never really pay attention to Fischler anyways. I'm used to Trautwig as I have to listen to him during every Knicks game as well.

What'd Cangelosi say that would make anyone believe he is a Rangers fan?

:blink:

I'm with you on that one. I'm not a fan of the guy and I did like Matt Laughlin mostly because of his fights with the Mavin, but he's a become a good enough intermission guy for me to actuall watch it and not mute the tv.