Devil playoff seed

SC Devs Fan

Devils playoff seed  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Where do the Devils go into the postseason seeded?

• miss playoffs

Your guess on where we get seeded. I know there are a zillion things that can make our seed go up and down, just make a guess where we end up and in a couple weeks you can have bragging rights if you are correct.

And please don't say its bad luck to talk about the playoffs before they start. If we don't make the playoffs or if we lose early I think it will because of the palyers on the ice not anything on this message board!

I voted 2 also. I still think we have a great chance to finish with number 1, but something tells me Montreal will get that spot.

I voted 4, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 5 either. 6 would be a dream (revenge time against the Canes), but it won't happen.

I am, however, glad to see no one has voted 3 yet. :)

It's virtually impossible, unless the Canes win practically every game from here on out and the entire Atlantic Division tanks.

I voted 2nd, because I see the Devils pulling out the division like they have in the past few years, but falling behind the Habs for the #1 seed. I just hope the Rags find a way to finish above 7th place, beacuse as much as I hate the Rags, I want to avoid meeting them in the playoffs for as long as possible.

1st seed gets my vote. Although it's going to be tough, some huge games left to play, Montreal, 2 x Pens, 3 x Rangers. The Rags are looking sharp recently and we are just 3 pts. (maybe 4 or 5 after tonight) ahead of them. We have sucked against them this season. I pray we can rebound against them or otherwise we can see them hanging an Atlantic Division banner in MSG. The Pens won't win the division IMO. Also battling for the 1st place in conference with the Habs is gonna be difficult, I sense they are staying sharp to the very end of the season.

But I'm usually an optimist and in early February, before two Ottawa games, I believed we can catch them and get the lead. How could I not be a believer now, when we finally are on top? :)

2nd. We have a lot of divisional things, and that means two things:

a) we'll get losses from NY teams

b) we'll get wins from PA teams.

So the fact that both will occur means we'll fall behind Montreal, but I don't see Pittsburgh or the Rangers continuing runs for 1st in the division.

The Atlantic has a boat load of divisional games coming up this month. The the Rags are 15-6-1 in the divison and 8-0-2 in their last 10. While the Devils have a 10-10-3 record and are 6-3-1 in their last 10. We have been in a scoring drought and we could have used some help on D.....quantity rarely beats out quality. That being said.....I truly hope we make the playoffs. Ottawa has started winning again, so Montreal won't take the #1 seed. Forgive me, but this is my break down. The Devs would face the Rags in the 1st if this comes true.....so they better figure out how to score and quick.

Ottawa

Rags

Carolina

Montreal

Pitt

boston

Devils

philly

Oh yeah....and who put down 3rd seed.....and why? I am just trying to understand that logic.

Edited by Deek_1969

I don't see the Devils going below sixth, but with the way things are going they'll probably be at sixth. We never do well against Carolina but hey if it comes to it I'd rather not go 0-12 against the Rangers this season.

If Buffalo was ever more consistent I could picture Boston easily falling out of the playoffs, they have not played very well as of late and aren't that talented to start with.

6-3-1

what a horrible last 10 games played our team has :rolleyes:

Devils are 37-19-5 since the 9-game road trip to start the season.

Devils are 33-14-3 since they started the first 20 games of the season 7-10-3.

Overall the Devils are still one of the nest teams in that stretch run. It was one bad loss last night and I am sure Brodeur and the Devils will bounce back. They always do. As far as where they may finish, the division games coming up will decide that and I still believe it will be either 2nd or 4th seed. They could have a good run and finish 1st but that is still to be unseen.

the devils have the worst offence in the east!

they will probably drop down to 5th seed and get eliminated in the second round (that is if marty can get them past the 1st.)

if they can earn a 4/5 match with the loser$ and eliminate them from the playoffs, i'll consider this season to have been a success...maybe lou can get a real horse for the blue line and pick up some legitimate forwards to help elias and parise in the summer.

Devils are 37-19-5 since the 9-game road trip to start the season.

Devils are 33-14-3 since they started the first 20 games of the season 7-10-3.

Overall the Devils are still one of the nest teams in that stretch run. It was one bad loss last night and I am sure Brodeur and the Devils will bounce back. They always do. As far as where they may finish, the division games coming up will decide that and I still believe it will be either 2nd or 4th seed. They could have a good run and finish 1st but that is still to be unseen.