MantaRay

Jersey choices  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which Jersey should I get?

• #26 Elias
    • #5 White
    • #15 Langs
    • #7 Martin

I have officially retired my Stevens Jersey for Playoff games ONLY.

I need to get a new RED home jersey and have narrowed my choices down to 4.

I love Patty, but in Devils Championship mode I always favor a DEFENSE first approach, Whitey to me is an extension of the Stevens/Dano mold, Martin is out of the Rafi/Nieds mold and Langs is just a great leader and hard worker.

Whom do I choose?

I would say Elias first but if you want to go to a defenseman jersey I would get #7 Paul Martin. he is still young and think he will be around longer than White who has been here with the Devils since 1999-2000 season. Both Martin and White are good choices but I would go with Martin.

You might want to wait until Lou signs Campbell in the off season. :uni::pray:

I would go with Elias.

I would say Elias first but if you want to go to a defenseman jersey I would get #7 Paul Martin. he is still young and think he will be around longer than White who has been here with the Devils since 1999-2000 season. Both Martin and White are good choices but I would go with Martin.

You might want to wait until Lou signs Campbell in the off season. :uni::pray:

C

I love Zach but my nephew has his jersey already.

Plus he is too small for me.

Gotta go white and get the "A" on it. He's a Stevens protege.

This is a no brainer.

-Elias is overpaid and everybody has his jersey.

-Langs name is too long and it doesn't look great on a jersey unless your shoulders are ridiculously broad.

-Martin is a pretty decent choice, but isn't as tough as White and he doesn't have that bad ass factor.

I don't see how anyone who watches hockey and follows players salaries can say with a straight face that Elias is overpaid.

Unlike other players making more money, Elias is strong at both ends of the ice, is getting to be a great faceoff guy and is in the top of the league in GW goals and has contributed greatly in keeping the Devils on top in the Eastern conference. What more do you want?

Elias has just as many points as players who are paid millions more (Vanek, Briere, Jagr, Richards etc.)

Alright, I am being a little harsh and I have to admit that he has improved over the course of the season. But Elias has 50 points, only 18 goals. He has not been the same player since the strike year when he got hepatitis. He doesn't deserve to be the highest paid player on the team (7.5 million). I am not saying that I don't like having Elias on our team right now, he is obviously an important component. I just don't like that he hasn't been scoring enough and I think we need a scorer for that price tag. Additionally, Elias has been playing this bad and making this kind of money for 2 years now. People like Briere, Jagr, Vanek are just having a poor numbers this year.

BTW, the GW goal stat is BS most of the time. You can score the 4th goal and be up 4-0 and then your team almost collapses and you get the game winner.

Back to you your question on hand:

#1 reason to not get Elias' jersey is because everyone else has one!

6'5'', maybe go with langs since you are probably big enough to fit his name on the back without it looking bad.

I've gotta signed Langs....and its true they're pretty tough if you don't have real broad shoulders. Usually charge by the letter in my experience....then you gotta get the "C".

Still say Paul Martin.... :clap:

Langs with another (eventual) GW goal for you. Showing you he isn't a flash in the pan.

Look I'm a Defene first guy too, but Langs is TAKEN it to the other teams!

Sheesh!? What's the guy gotta do!?! If he gets into a fight :fight: against the Rags Wednesday, would ya put him on top? :lol:

BTW the board calender for his game sez it's on Tuesday

WOOT!!! 3 FOR LANGS!! Keep 'em comin!!

Edited by Masked Fan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.