It's time for Lou to go.

metallidevils

let's spend our time discussing something that may actually happen. Lou getting canned is not (nor will it ever be) one of them.

Yes, I want to win this year and every year. But in the event that we don't, I always can look up at the rafters (or at the replica banners in my home) and smile knowing that no one can ever take those Cups away.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is bullsh!t, how can u expect a team to be this competitive forever. We have been so spoiled here having a contender for years. Im not saying our future is dark, but you need to relax a bit. This guy brought us from the laughing stock of the league to a top 5 team virtualy every year. Are you mad that he didnt get Hossa or Campbell? That would have killed our future, and maybe even our present. As for the players being overpaid: When Elias got his contract he turned around our season, and Gio had 48 goals in his contract year. Not his fault for "overpaying". This season is by no means over. If we get hot, who knows what can happen.

This thread is bullsh!t, how can u expect a team to be this competitive forever. We have been so spoiled here having a contender for years. Im not saying our future is dark, but you need to relax a bit. This guy brought us from the laughing stock of the league to a top 5 team virtualy every year. Are you mad that he didnt get Hossa or Campbell? That would have killed our future, and maybe even our present. As for the players being overpaid: When Elias got his contract he turned around our season, and Gio had 48 goals in his contract year. Not his fault for "overpaying". This season is by no means over. If we get hot, who knows what can happen.

Talking about devils fans vs rangers fans. YOU are beneath us. Yankees fans are above mets fans (and I am a mets fan), Giants fans are above Jets fans. How do I figure this? Nothing to do with team success. Devils, Jets, and Mets fans are always concerned about their respective rival. The Giants, Rangers, and Yankees fans do not give a $h!t about the other team unless they are playing.

"Talking about devils fans vs rangers fans. YOU are beneath us."

You are a dbag as most Dev fans are converted rag and Isle fans from the early to mid 80's who came to see the Devs in the cheap seats and grew to love the team. Dev fans are educated, superior and we don't come out with a 7 disc DVD compilation to celebrate one 94' Cup like you losers as our compilation is still being made year after year after year...

"Yankees fans are above mets fans (and I am a mets fan)"

I'm a Met fan, u are not a Met fan but a dbag! Get out of mom's basement, away from your Wii were Guitar Hero is your girlfriend and stay away from Shea you scumbag!

"Giants fans are above Jets fans."

More BS as I'm a Giant fan and know many Jet fans. They are Die Hard Green and don't give a sh^t who's up next but rather who's hurt this week, how did we do in the draft and can't wait for the tailgate... JUST LIKE A GIANT FAN! You're a joke and your mom is hating the fact that at age 35 you have time to troll in between delivering pizzas to pay for your rent in the basement!

"Nothing to do with team success. "

:rofl:

"Devils, Jets, and Mets fans are always concerned about their respective rival. The Giants, Rangers, and Yankees fans do not give a $h!t about the other team unless they are playing."

The rest of the NHL look to playing the Devils as a litmus test for THEIR organization d^ck and ohhhh wait... your mom's calling you because your 30 year old buddy just showed up at the basement door with his bong, his ziplock bag and a Richter Rag Jersey so you can rehash disc #7 for the 400th time. Enjoy troll!

Edited by LOULAM1

Love to hear who was better that year.

They're not. All 3 of them are at their lowest value.

This just means we see less of Andy Greene, and the less we see of him, the better.

No it would be better if he was traded.. because he will still see some action even though we have 9 d-men.. OH and Gionta was actually better than Elias that year.

You are a dbag as most Dev fans are converted rag and Isle fans from the early to mid 80's who came to see the Devs in the cheap seats and grew to love the team. Dev fans are educated, superior and we don't come out with a 7 disc DVD compilation to celebrate one 94' Cup like you losers as our compilation is still being made year after year after year...

I'm a Met fan, u are not a Met fan but a dbag! Get out of mom's basement, away from your Wii were Guitar Hero is your girlfriend and stay away from Shea you scumbag!

More BS as I'm a Giant fan and know many Jet fans. They are Die Hard Green and don't give a sh^t who's up next but rather who's hurt this week, how did we do in the draft and can't wait for the tailgate... JUST LIKE A GIANT FAN! You're a joke and your mom is hating the fact that at age 35 you have time to troll and in between delivering pizzas to pay for your rent in the basement!

tr"Nothing to do with team success. "

m

"Devils, Jets, and Mets fans are always concerned about their respective rival. The Giants, Rangers, and Yankees fans do not give a $h!t about the other team unless they are playing."

The rest of the NHL look to playing the Devils as a litmus test for THEIR organization d^ck and ohhhh wait... your mom's calling you because your 30 year old buddy just showed up at the basement door with his bong, his ziplock bag and a Richter Rag Jersey so you can rehash disc #7 for the 400th time. Enjoy oll!

what a loser that guy is. Why does he have over 400 posts on a devils forum. Maybe he thinks if he hangs around here some of the devils' success will rub off on him.

But did you see the package Pitt gave up for Hossa? That's Zajac, Clarkson, Corrente and a 1st rounder(and ATL probably still takes PIT's package) Did you really want to give all that up for possibly just 2 months of Hossa?

Also, according to the newspapers Lou may have had a Hossa deal in place before PIT came in with their offer and blew away the Devils and 1 other teams offer.

I think you misunderstand what I was saying. I never said the Devils should trade away a team for a single player. I simply stated all the teams in our division seriously UPGRADED their rosters while we picked up Salvador. Nothing on Bryce, but he will not bring us another cup....and the last time I checked, the goal is the cup. Man San Jose picked up Campbell and a 7th for Bernier and a 1st round pick. Detroit got Stuart for a couple 2nd in 08 and a 4th in 09. Lou couldn't have matched either one???

We all know Lou will be with the Devils until Lou decides its time to leave. But sometimes you have to pull the freaking trigger. There was so much hype about who the Devils would get.....no fault of Lou's because he doesn't say a word. However, he did say we had two priorities....a top blue liner and a quality Center. Neither happened!!!! While other teams landed top quality guys and have stepped it up a level.....we have to play HARD CORE hockey for 60 minutes just to compete. Lou has fired several coaches in recent years and I hope he doesn't screw Sutter over because of his own inability of add talent at the deadline.

If the Devils don't find a way to win or score goals we won't make the playoffs. I hope I put my foot in my mouth, but I don't see that happening.

Lou has fired several coaches in recent years and I hope he doesn't screw Sutter over because of his own inability of add talent at the deadline...

If the Devils don't find a way to win or score goals we won't make the playoffs. I hope I put my foot in my mouth, but I don't see that happening.

I think you misunderstand what I was saying. I never said the Devils should trade away a team for a single player. I simply stated all the teams in our division seriously UPGRADED their rosters while we picked up Salvador. Nothing on Bryce, but he will not bring us another cup....and the last time I checked, the goal is the cup. Man San Jose picked up Campbell and a 7th for Bernier and a 1st round pick. Detroit got Stuart for a couple 2nd in 08 and a 4th in 09. Lou couldn't have matched either one???

We all know Lou will be with the Devils until Lou decides its time to leave. But sometimes you have to pull the freaking trigger. There was so much hype about who the Devils would get.....no fault of Lou's because he doesn't say a word. However, he did say we had two priorities....a top blue liner and a quality Center. Neither happened!!!! While other teams landed top quality guys and have stepped it up a level.....we have to play HARD CORE hockey for 60 minutes just to compete. Lou has fired several coaches in recent years and I hope he doesn't screw Sutter over because of his own inability of add talent at the deadline.

Next year is going to be when you see Lou go all out at the deadline to improve the team. Cash to spend this summer, Bergfors, Corrente, and Vrana having a shot with the big club, with all important parts from this year back (pending Pandolfo getting resigned), next year has cup contender written all over it.

To respond to the original poster's question about what have we done to help the rebuilding process this season, we have basically sat back for a year to create necessary cap space and replenish our assets while still maintaining a very sucessful team on the ice.

I believe Lou does have a plan. The way I see it, the salary cap has gotten high enough, that the league is almost back to the have's and the have-nots, with the one difference being that the biggest $$$ teams are now capped from signing every single significant player that hits the market. Teams like Nashville, Phoenix and Florida will most likely be working with self inposed caps much lower than the league salary cap, while spending most of their budget to retain their own assets. The big spenders like Dallas, Detriot and New York, can no longer spend to the stars, so for the most part, they've already made there long term contract commitments. I a would anticipate that as we get a few more years into the cap era, the number of bidders for high profile UFAs will be way down. The haves will already be at the league's salary cap and the have nots won't have the disposable money to spend, making it a much better market to aquire assets for the few teams that will be looking to add to their roster. The way were set up right now, we'll be one of those teams. We have a solid core signed long term at reasonable contracts, plenty of cap space and an owner that has the ability to spend to the league limit. We are in an excellent position to be a major bidder as the right players become available through UFA or trade.

As for Gomez and Rafalski, I think most would agree that signing them to the long term contracts they got probably would have assurred us of 5 more years of making the 2nd round of the playoffs, but with our overall lack of size, and cap space, I don't know that we would really be any closer to the cup than we are now.

this is an excellent post, and i believe quite accurate...

loulam is also making valid points, sutter is the gem...he will find real talent in the drafts.

lou is a great GM...Sutter will be a great GM as well!

Lou picked up Bryce with the intention of trading one of the other d-men, possibly as part of the package for Hossa, or Lang, or Havlat. We'll never know for sure. But he himself said there was a reason to get Salvador. And when he went for the other deal, more than likely, the other team tried to raise the price to something he wasn't comfortable with. So instead of giving up a boatload like Pit did (Pit can afford to), he decided to let it slide. And it was a wise choice, as now we have all of our young players with another year of NHL experience (and maybe some playoff experience), plus whoever comes up from Lowell or juniors, plus whatever FA's he picks up.

I'd say he did a fine job. Just remember, there are about 28 teams (I don't include Detroit) that have fans who would love more than anything to get to whine about the bull Devil fans whine about.

Seriously. We have all been spoiled, and the expectations have now gotten ridiculously high. This is a closest thing to a dynasty you will see in the 'new' NHL. Enjoy it.

To respond to the original poster's question about what have we done to help the rebuilding process this season, we have basically sat back for a year to create necessary cap space and replenish our assets while still maintaining a very sucessful team on the ice.

I believe Lou does have a plan. The way I see it, the salary cap has gotten high enough, that the league is almost back to the have's and the have-nots, with the one difference being that the biggest $$$ teams are now capped from signing every single significant player that hits the market. Teams like Nashville, Phoenix and Florida will most likely be working with self inposed caps much lower than the league salary cap, while spending most of their budget to retain their own assets. The big spenders like Dallas, Detriot and New York, can no longer spend to the stars, so for the most part, they've already made there long term contract commitments. I a would anticipate that as we get a few more years into the cap era, the number of bidders for high profile UFAs will be way down. The haves will already be at the league's salary cap and the have nots won't have the disposable money to spend, making it a much better market to aquire assets for the few teams that will be looking to add to their roster. The way were set up right now, we'll be one of those teams. We have a solid core signed long term at reasonable contracts, plenty of cap space and an owner that has the ability to spend to the league limit. We are in an excellent position to be a major bidder as the right players become available through UFA or trade.

As for Gomez and Rafalski, I think most would agree that signing them to the long term contracts they got probably would have assurred us of 5 more years of making the 2nd round of the playoffs, but with our overall lack of size, and cap space, I don't know that we would really be any closer to the cup than we are now.

More BS as I'm a Giant fan and know many Jet fans. They are Die Hard Green and don't give a sh^t who's up next but rather who's hurt this week, how did we do in the draft and can't wait for the tailgate... JUST LIKE A GIANT FAN! You're a joke and your mom is hating the fact that at age 35 you have time to troll in between delivering pizzas to pay for your rent in the basement!

"Nothing to do with team success. "

The rest of the NHL look to playing the Devils as a litmus test for THEIR organization d^ck and ohhhh wait... your mom's calling you because your 30 year old buddy just showed up at the basement door with his bong, his ziplock bag and a Richter Rag Jersey so you can rehash disc #7 for the 400th time. Enjoy troll!

• 2 years later...

3rd year in a row that this thread is relevant. Lemaire clearly needs to go. Lou said he is keeping him. Therefore the only way to get rid of Lemaire would be to get rid of Lou.

It also seems pretty clear that our only shot at re-signing Kovie would be if Lemaire goes. No explosive player would want to play in this mess.

Lou has frustrated me with his personnel decisions and now his commitment to Lemaire.

He is building a team around a style of play that is outdated. We have 3+ years of evidence to support this just based on observing the Devils, and if you observe around the league and see which teams succeed in the playoffs they all have the same formula. Great transiton, great forecheck, great Power play. That's what it takes now.

The Devils have never had any of those things in their history under Lou. He is committed to a Coach who doesn't care about those things. Postseason success seems like a lost cause. Regular season records mean little, the post season is a different animal. This team has not been competitive on that front for quite some time. They always look slow, and they always look shell shocked when the tempo gets picked up in the postseason.

I guess I was too tired and I got fooled by this thread.

I was a bout to blast Sundstrom and Tri for saying Greene was a wash up.... lmao

Yeah let's fire Lou. Millbury is available.

Dude, we should forgo people in hockey altogether and bring in Matt Millen as our GM.