GDT: Devils Vs. Flyers

thelastonealive

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being from Detroit, I am used to the Lion's snatching defeat from the jaws of victory on a daily basis. It's just so sad watching the Devils do the same.

Glad they won tonight, but our team defense is really bad right now. I hope we can get it together in the next 4 games. Obviously this is a step in the right direction - with any luck we can stay in 4th or 6th.

Luckily we played against the one goalie who was able to play worse than Marty in the shootout.

That can't be right. When we win it's because we kick ass. When we lose, it's because the other team was luckier.

That can't be right. When we win it's because we kick ass. When we lose, it's because the other team was luckier.

No, we won because we were the better team. Not to worry though, I'm sure they'll lose another game and you can comment on just how bad everything is and how you want to be a Penguins fan.

Thought the forwards played well, although Gionta had some of his shoot-first, think-later moments, and I still don't know what Clarkson is doing out there.

Defense played okay, though Brookbank absolutely must sit and I'm ready for Andy Greene to make his triumphant return - anything but Brookbank. Vishnevski has played his way into being the 5th defender - he has that job until he starts screwing up.

Biron sure is a rebound machine.

Thought the forwards played well, although Gionta had some of his shoot-first, think-later moments, and I still don't know what Clarkson is doing out there.

Defense played okay, though Brookbank absolutely must sit and I'm ready for Andy Greene to make his triumphant return - anything but Brookbank. Vishnevski has played his way into being the 5th defender - he has that job until he starts screwing up.

Biron sure is a rebound machine.

Not only is Biron a rebound machine but he plays very far back in the crease. He leaves an awful lot of net exposed and does not have the style or reflexes to recover.

Being from Detroit, I am used to the Lion's snatching defeat from the jaws of victory on a daily basis. It's just so sad watching the Devils do the same.

Glad they won tonight, but our team defense is really bad right now. I hope we can get it together in the next 4 games. Obviously this is a step in the right direction - with any luck we can stay in 4th or 6th.

Team defense? It is our team offense that has been putrid. Before tonight we had scored 2,0,1,1,0 goals. I don't care how bad the defense has been playing you put up offensive numbers like that you won't win many games. Removing that Pittsburgh debacle which was clearly an outlier we have allowed 3, 1,2,1 goals during that time. If you want to say goals are not a good indication. Fine. Shots allowed were 31, 20, 28, 16, 21. Not bad numbers at all.

Just an "out of the blue" sort of point about the officials. Yeah, lots of times calls are beyond questionable, but the stripes could have very easily given Mottau an instigator, thus making him sit 2, 5 and 10. Very good "non" call by just giving him 2 for unsportsmanlike, following an "unwritten" code between the players.......

notmuch else to add...the boys showed meddle....couple days off , and back at it tuesday

Edited by davemaleyfan

Brookbank must know where the bodies are buried. there is simply no reason other than injury that he should play over anyone else. greene is the same thing. what has rachunek done that sutter is so stubborn to allow guys that could get scratched from lowell to continue in his place. it baffles me.

the devils did all they could to lose this game but the flyers did just a little more i guess.

Team defense? It is our team offense that has been putrid. Before tonight we had scored 2,0,1,1,0 goals. I don't care how bad the defense has been playing you put up offensive numbers like that you won't win many games. Removing that Pittsburgh debacle which was clearly an outlier we have allowed 3, 1,2,1 goals during that time. If you want to say goals are not a good indication. Fine. Shots allowed were 31, 20, 28, 16, 21. Not bad numbers at all.

We blew a 3 goal lead, and the Devils generate all of their offense from the transition game. when our forwards chase the puck in our own zone, our break out falls apart and we don't generate good offense. Yes, our TEAM defense has been piss poor the past few weeks - especially tonight.

Rachunek sometimes plays soft and my guess is he knows he's packing his bags for the Czech league next off-season.

I mean I guess Brookbank had an assist, and since the Devils won, he'll stay in there - seems foolish.

the devils lost 5 in a row and sutter did nothing. i hope the "win" doesn't affect sutter's eyes and head.

as for rachunek, there's no reason that 3 or 4 teams wouldn't offer him a 1 year deal for $1M next year. he is not a bad player. the devils simply have not given him a real chance.

Damnit next devils feed vs the isles in on MSG+ 2, which is a crappy feed/non HD.. looks like im gonna have to watch Howie Rose/the other guy.. but I actually like Howie though b/c he does Mets games on the radio, but hes obviously an Isles homer

Edited by nmigliore

We blew a 3 goal lead, and the Devils generate all of their offense from the transition game. when our forwards chase the puck in our own zone, our break out falls apart and we don't generate good offense. Yes, our TEAM defense has been piss poor the past few weeks - especially tonight.

Ahh. I understand now. We watch two different games. In the game I watched tonight the Devils blew a 2 goal lead. When you allow few goals and few shots to me that means the defense is playing pretty well.

Oduya, like him. Don't think he's the best thing to happen to the Dev's D in the last 10 years as he's learning at the team's expense. Were my frustration lies is he's not a #3 and +22 is a joke.

The guy is cheap yes, but a liability at the #3 slot on D he is as he's a deep #4 on most teams as his positioning is just god awful. Yes we wait till next year and I'm champion of the obvious here but just venting as this guy gave up the game tying goal tonight after he hustled for most of the game but that's still not enough.

I'll be happy when Oduya finds his home as a third line D man, till then I have to vent.

Martin #2, White #4, Oduya#5 and VV a #6. Lay waste to the other 5 and sign the likes of Liles as a #1 and Roszival as a #3. Yeah that's pushing it as we need a playmaking center to compliment Gionta (Bastard Gomez) but Zajac has been invisible lately and granted needs a little more time but I question his speed. Zubrus I like as he'll find his spot next year as a guy who does the dirty work and ala Holik.

Give me a cheap center, a great draft and 2 solid dmen as we have always been built ground up with Marty in net. Just frustrates me to see nobody with the balls of VV and the skill of Martin on our defense.

Edited by LOULAM1