guys, that which doesnt kill the devils

metallidevils

I finally agree with a post of yours. This Devils team is facing adversity and I really wouldn't want to face a Sutter team in the playoffs. He is a brilliant coach and will adjust to the team he is playing. Plus we all know NJ's forwards can catch fire in the playoffs. They have been there before and have won. Other teams grip sticks. Langenbrunner/Elias/Parise seem to be prety clutch putting up points.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

I finally agree with a post of yours. This Devils team is facing adversity and I really wouldn't want to face a Sutter team in the playoffs. He is a brilliant coach and will adjust to the team he is playing. Plus we all know NJ's forwards can catch fire in the playoffs. They have been there before and have won. Other teams grip sticks. Langenbrunner/Elias/Parise seem to be prety clutch putting up points.

I agree that Langs and Parise and Elias have been clutch (at times) in the post season, my problem goes back to what I have been saying all season. In my opinion right now the East can be won by any team in the playoffs. On paper there are a few teams that are more talented than the Devils (Montreal, Pitt, even Ottawa) but when you factor Marty in and talk about team work I go back to any team has a shot.

Now that being said this team has shown very little character and heart this season, and I dont know if a "brilliant coach" can bring it out of them or if there is some magical switch that all of a sudden will turn on??

This team can easily win and do some damage in the playoffs, but can just as easy get knocked out quickly in the first round. It is a jeckyll and hyde team and has been all season. this is where I just wish we had a Stevens, or a Dano, or even a Lemieux in the room to give it some real character!!!

I agree that Langs and Parise and Elias have been clutch (at times) in the post season, my problem goes back to what I have been saying all season. In my opinion right now the East can be won by any team in the playoffs. On paper there are a few teams that are more talented than the Devils (Montreal, Pitt, even Ottawa) but when you factor Marty in and talk about team work I go back to any team has a shot.

Now that being said this team has shown very little character and heart this season, and I dont know if a "brilliant coach" can bring it out of them or if there is some magical switch that all of a sudden will turn on??

This team can easily win and do some damage in the playoffs, but can just as easy get knocked out quickly in the first round. It is a jeckyll and hyde team and has been all season. this is where I just wish we had a Stevens, or a Dano, or even a Lemieux in the room to give it some real character!!!

have to agree - the rangers showed some huge heart by having the puck slide in off a guy's head last night. what a team full of heart.

on paper every team in the playoffs is more talented than new jersey aside from brodeur.

have to agree - the rangers showed some huge heart by having the puck slide in off a guy's head last night. what a team full of heart.

on paper every team in the playoffs is more talented than new jersey aside from brodeur.

Should have known you would have the answer, yeah we just suck and do not deserve to even be in the playoffs right Tri??

Give it a break, you dont get to where they were just a week and a half ago by not having talent PERIOD!!! Whether you want to admit it or not, when this team is playing to its ability, and with the help of a stud goalie they can beat anybody in the East!!

That is just Fact!!

And who said anything about last nights game, my point was when this team plays with fire and plays to its ability they win And there is nobody in the room that gets this team to that emotional level on a game in and game out basis.

Believe me, the playoffs bring out the animal in every player. If it doesn't then Lou will ship those players out in the offseason. Sutter's style is branded for tournament hockey.

Except for that one bad 3rd period vs Pit, I think theyre playing better NOW than they did earlier in the season when

they stole a bunch of games with 20 minute efforts . Now theyre busting ass for 55 minutes and losing-NO PUCK LUCK at all.

That's ok, save it for the playoffs. These games are so close if you get a good bounce you win, bad bounce you lose.

When you're on a winning streak Gio's shot goes in, Dawe's doesn't count, etc. I like the way theyre competing now-

If theyre not competing that's when all hope is lost. Every team, even the best goes thru a stretch like this at some point

in the season-better now than in the playoffs. This is almost a blessing in disguise for this team, if they went into the playoffs

on a big winning streak, they could be a bit over confident and they don't have the talent to steal playoff games with less than

100% effort.

Lineup moves: I'd like to see Zajac up on 2nd line and Clarkson 4th line where he belongs. Rachunek in for VV or

even White who is getting free pass from everyone. Brookbank looked much better last night.

I love how the 2003 video spends about 40 seconds total on all the Devils wins and spends the rest of the time on the Ducks. It's almost like the 2003 Cup DVD that you can tell was being made for Ottawa or Anaheim and oops, it had to be about the Devils again.