I don't care what anyone says

SC Devs Fan

It just looks wrong. Home should be white, and there should be a variety of colors coming into your building.

As much as I hate to agree with anything '7' says, I have to go ahead and do it here. This is spot on. It has nothing to do with my own personal preference between the Devils' red and white sweaters (because I don't have a preference), but it's nice to see the different colors from around the league rather than always having it be red vs. white.

Its colored vs white EVERY SINGLE home game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its the same every night in every rink in the league

HOME TEAM SHOULD WEAR WHITE

No it's not. I've seen the ducks wear white at home, I've seen the Coyotes wear white at home.....

down in the E the home team wears white pre allstar break, and dark post break.

I prefer home whites myself.

You know what i don't get about this... who is to say whether you have to wear white or colors at home? I've seen more than a few games on the Center Ice package this year, when I thought I knew who was home and on the road, until I saw a big logo on center ice of the team dressed in white. I've seen this for the Ducks, and I think the Wings and Jackets have as well before, among others. Regardless, teh colors = home rule is obviously not a mandate, because there have been exceptions this year.

Here's my problem with road whites: The home fans never see any uniform variety. For us, we'll always see a red sweater take on a white sweater. When the home team wears white, we get to see the variety of colored uniforms that the rest of the league has to offer.

I was a fan of the change a few years ago to the colored jerseys at home and whites on the road, but you just changed my mind. The way it is now, it really is pretty boring -- always red vs. white. I never thought of it like that.

:o

I too prefer White at home.

Explain the RBK disaster, please.

Does anyone know how the home whites became tradition in sports? I've heard it had something to do with laundramats being less common than today so the travelling teams had a harder time maintaining clean uniforms - dark colors hid the dirt.

Maybe Bettman wanted to stand out ; baseball and basketball ALWAYS have the home team in whites/white based unis. Football is up to the whims of the home team (remember when Dallas was "bad" when they wore their blue jerseys, so many opponents wore white at home to force them into the blues?).

The whole colored-at-home deal started when they came up with the alternate jerseys which were always the colored variety, and for a time it did seem accross the board that the home team wore the colored jerseys. Now though, I see exceptions popping up and you can't make that assumption any more...

No it's not. I've seen the ducks wear white at home, I've seen the Coyotes wear white at home.....

down in the E the home team wears white pre allstar break, and dark post break.

I prefer home whites myself.

Ok............... thats 2 games out of 1600...... :rolleyes:

I too prefer White at home.

Explain the RBK disaster, please.

RBK developed crappy, cheap looking and very expensive uniforms. They were shoved down hockey fans throats who for the most part rejected it (aside from the odd Bettmanite) I'm sure the NHL would love to flaunt some massaged numbers, but to this day I haven't hear a peep about how many they've sold. I don't see many people walking around in $400 dollar untucked dress shirts masquerading as hockey jerseys.

The majority of fans like white jerseys at home. The league refuses to change back and give the people what they want. The league claims that dark jerseys sell better(though I don't they've sold much of anything since the RBK disaster), and maybe they even look better for certain teams. But that doesn't mean fans want dark at home.

It just looks wrong. Home should be white, and there should be a variety of colors coming into your building.

I think that dark jersey sell better for certain teams perhaps, but the majority of fans prefer whites at home. Even if they do like their teams dark jersey...they tune into a game and see that whites at home looks right, just as darks on the road looks right.

The NHL made a mistake in thinking that just because they sold a few more road jersey than home, that all fans would want to see road jerseys at home all the time.

Edited by '7'

Home should be white for me, I much prefer the Devils white jersey.

Don't get me wrong, I like the red jersey too, but it kind of defeats the purpose because the main color is red added to the N J which is also red, it's too much.

A little OT but still related, how about a third jersey, Main color is black, red trim and the NJ would be white, can anyone photoshop that so we can have a look at it ?

Agree. I've seen a couple western conf games lately though where the home team is wearing the whites and it just confuses the crap outta me.

But i liked home whites, felt like the home team was always the "good guys"

And it was nice to see the away colors, the white jerseys all look the same.

As much as I hate to agree with anything '7' says, I have to go ahead and do it here. This is spot on. It has nothing to do with my own personal preference between the Devils' red and white sweaters (because I don't have a preference), but it's nice to see the different colors from around the league rather than always having it be red vs. white.

Here's my problem with road whites: The home fans never see any uniform variety. For us, we'll always see a red sweater take on a white sweater. When the home team wears white, we get to see the variety of colored uniforms that the rest of the league has to offer.

And I'm with Pepperkorn ... I still get confused sometimes when I tune in.

A lot of my hockey life was spent watching home whites. However, when I see the historical photos (ie Bobby Orr "flying" cup clinching goal) I realize that for many years the league wore their dark jerseys at home. So makes no difference to me what the league decides to do.

I am in favor of getting rid of the untucked shirt look of the current jerseys and get back to the "classic" cut of the old (up to this season) jerseys. :)

Edited by Rock