Salvador confident he'll return for playoff opener.

Glad to finally see some good news on Salvador. He will be back for Game 1, round 1 of the SC playoffs. That means someone is going to sit so that will be either Vishnevski or Greene. I have a feeling Greene will sit and Vishnevski will play if it is the NYR in the 1st round.

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/

Salvador confident he'll return for playoff opener

Defenseman Bryce Salvador said today that he is confident that he will be back for the Devils

Edited by SatansDevils
Yes. Keeps Greene and Brookbank off the ice.

It's definitely premature but if Greene plays like 2nd and 3rd period Greene of last game then he should probably be in the lineup over Rachunek and VV. He'll still get outmuscled and make some mistakes on defense but if he makes quick, and good, decisions on offense then his positive plays will outweigh the negative. Now Greene just needs to follow through and be that guy.

It's definitely premature but if Greene plays like 2nd and 3rd period Greene of last game then he should probably be in the lineup over Rachunek and VV. He'll still get outmuscled and make some mistakes on defense but if he makes quick, and good, decisions on offense then his positive plays will outweigh the negative. Now Greene just needs to follow through and be that guy.

I hate to disagree 731, as I haven't caught alot of the games, but watching the NHL NETWORK's NHL on the Fly every morning it appears that: Brookbank, Mottau and Greene seem to be featured goats during the oppositions highlight reel.

The last two weeks Greene seems to been the most victimized.

Greene deffinately needs to sit, as well as Brookbank. They are always on the ice when the opposition scores, and they always always ALWAYS seem to be out of position. Salvador in for Greene deffinately. Do you think they will bring up Mativichuck to play in the playoffs, or does he just not get "Sutters System" and will sit?

I hate to disagree 731, as I haven't caught alot of the games, but watching the NHL NETWORK's NHL on the Fly every morning it appears that: Brookbank, Mottau and Greene seem to be featured goats during the oppositions highlight reel.

The last two weeks Greene seems to been the most victimized.

Edited by BlizzardCyclone
Greene deffinately needs to sit, as well as Brookbank. They are always on the ice when the opposition scores, and they always always ALWAYS seem to be out of position. Salvador in for Greene deffinately. Do you think they will bring up Mativichuck to play in the playoffs, or does he just not get "Sutters System" and will sit?

While I would love Matty for the playoffs, its not going to happen.

Side note: Where did you get that avatar?

For the playoffs I think it should be

White-Mottau

Martin-Oduya

Vishnevski-Salvador

then if Salvador can't go or someone else can't go then I would use

Greene

Rachunek

Brookbank

It will be interesting to see what Sutter does for the playoffs. I hope he uses the lines I mentioned above.

Matvichuk is really really bad now. Just because the last time he played for the Devils he played well doesn't mean that is the Matvichuk of now. Every NHL team passed on him and his AHL numbers are bad as well. His time has come and gone, he is a slow broken down defenseman now.

As for Greene, he has been awful for 75% of the year but looked better in his last 5 periods of play was what I was saying. If he can keep his improved level of play going then he isn't someone the needs to be scratched.

For the playoffs I think it should be

White-Mottau

Martin-Oduya

Vishnevski-Salvador

then if Salvador can't go or someone else can't go then I would use

Greene

Rachunek

Brookbank

It will be interesting to see what Sutter does for the playoffs. I hope he uses the lines I mentioned above.

If Rachunek is healthy he has to be in the line-up.

White-Rachunek

Martin-Oduya

VV-Salvador

I know that Sutter is partial to Brookbank and Mottau, but I they scare me when they are on the ice.

If Rachunek is healthy he has to be in the line-up.

White-Rachunek

Martin-Oduya

VV-Salvador

I know that Sutter is partial to Brookbank and Mottau, but I they scare me when they are on the ice.

Rachunek over Mottau? I disagree MR. Mottau has played the whole season and do not think Sutter would sit him for the playoffs. Maybe Sutter would put Rachunek in for VV or Salvador but not Mottau. Sometimes I admit it is scary with Mottau and even Oduya but they have been pretty solid for the most part of the season and can't really ask much more from Oduya and Mottau as they have done their best so far and it has been a suprise this season.