New York Red Bulls and MLS Thread

Satans Hockey

Tonight's the season and home opener for the Red Bulls.

They are playing the Columbus Crew (1-0) tonight at 7:30pm. The game is on the Fox Soccer Channel.

This is my first year with full season tickets so I'm hoping for a loud crowd tonight and a nice win.

If your going to the game be sure to get there a little early since the Nets are playing at the same time as well.

Lets go Red Bulls!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Galaxy! They got crushed 4-0 by Colorado in the first game, but rebounded to win the second game 2-0 over San Jose. Beckham had his first goal in that win, set up by Donovan, then he set up Donovan for the other goal.

I'm thinking about heading to the 7/19 game when they play the Red Bulls.

The attendance has gone up since Beckham arrived. The Galaxy season ticket more than double their price i believe. Its good for the MLS, but I like the Premier League much more. A few european leagues want to have a few games here, ill be at the stadium in 5 seconds if Liverpool, Chelsea or Milan come. If they do that the MLS might die out, so im not sure what will happen.

The attendance has gone up since Beckham arrived. The Galaxy season ticket more than double their price i believe. Its good for the MLS, but I like the Premier League much more. A few european leagues want to have a few games here, ill be at the stadium in 5 seconds if Liverpool, Chelsea or Milan come. If they do that the MLS might die out, so im not sure what will happen.

Red Bulls played a fantastic game tonight. They won 2-0 and scored in less than a minute of the game starting. The defense looked solid and the offense had plenty of good scoring chances. Conway wasn't tested that much but he looked strong in goal as well.

Tonight was a nice break from hockey.

Not a very good game from New York yesterday.. sure they started well but honestly, Columbus was just caught sleeping.. Other than the first 15-20 minutes, it was ALL Columbus.. Too bad nobody can hit the net on their team lol.. I think they only got like 2 shots on Conway.

GO RED BULLS!

On a site note, i cant believe Angel didn't score on that penalty.. although his slow movement towards the ball made it obvious where he was going.

I still think he needs to develop more with another 1-2 years in MLS..

I agree but we all know there is a ton of $$$$$ overseas plus the leagues over there is where everyone wants to playl so I wouldn't blame him if we wants to go. Since I love the Red Bulls though I hope he never leaves.

A smart euro team will have no problem throwing money at a player who might become good in 1-2 years. Just the question is who. Recently 2 or 3 ncaa players have gained some interest from the euro league. I forgot the other one or two but a junior at Seton Hall was one of them, he averaged over a point a game in a difficult conference.

I agree but we all know there is a ton of $$$$$ overseas plus the leagues over there is where everyone wants to playl so I wouldn't blame him if we wants to go. Since I love the Red Bulls though I hope he never leaves.
Edited by nmigliore

He didn't even have a good year last year.. 7 goals..? how is that any special? Dont get me wrong hes only 17 (which makes it great) but i think its a tad too early to jump the gun with him.. if he were to play next year in Europe he would struggle.. still needs development hes too young; hes no wayne rooney

I donot watch much MLS, i find the quality of the soccer to be pretty low, I watch alot of EPL, pretty much anythim Chelsea, MAn U< Liverpool or Arsenal Play, also like to watch teh Americans ( McBride, Dempsey & Bocenegra are ont he same team ) plus Howard also... The trio are in serious trouble of being relegated....

Also I watch alot of Champions league