We met again Game Day Thread: Rangers VS Devils 7:00 PM EST

Devil Fan

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good start to the game for the Devils. They are getting more of the offensive chances and hitting hard every shift. My biggest concern is will they keep this up for the full game or let their play drop off from the first period like in Sunday's game. Hopefully they keep it up but they are going to have a tough start to the 2nd killing a penalty without Martin on the ice. Two weak calls on Devils defenseman concern me, hopefully the refs don't keep calling all these weak penalties.

What a great first period!

We need to bury our chances though. 2 shots beat the Lundquist - but not the post.

That was a pre-season call by Mcreary at the end of the period, they owe us one.

I hope we don't have a second period (or third period) slump, but if we keep playing like we did just now we will be in good shape!

BTW - The defenseman look like a different group of guys. Confident, quick outlet passes, I like it! Bryce makes a big difference out there, good hits, and he is getting the puck out of the zone.