GREENE MUST GO!

mackchi

Salvador & Green both suck.

Salvador played a very good game last night. One thing I noticed about him last night, is that he is a very good passer. He makes hard accurate passes out of his own end. Greene on the other hand, does suck and he will be sitting for Game 2.

Salvador was the 2nd or 3rd best defenseman for the Devils last night. Greene really wasn't that bad either. I know after an emotional loss somebody has to be complained about though and picking on the guy who hasn't been good almost all seasons is pretty easy.

Sheee-it - I can say that with 20/20 hind site and with Dano and Sutter telling me!! I was so wrapped up in the moment I had no feckin' idea what was going and just got pissed at Marty. I HATE it when I lose focus too! But I'm not going to blame Greene -- well I AM :lol: but really - with no defense to speak of - maybe we should have let our defencive thinking slip. There were more guys on the ice - no one was thinking - focus was shifted - it happens - but I'm not used to it from the Devils.

It's just now all of a sudden the whole season is clearer to me. All these things just line up and stuff. I felt OK letting slip through the cracks - but you know, now that we're here, I see the problem. I'm OK with the effort - the change in focus because we couldn't see the whole picture NOT playing in the playoffs - if that makes any sense. So... lesson learned for the organization. Obviously us fans haven't caught up with that so much though... but that's why we're out here and there in there!

Edited by Pepperkorn

It's just now all of a sudden the whole season is clearer to me. All these things just line up and stuff. I felt OK letting slip through the cracks - but you know, now that we're here, I see the problem. I'm OK with the effort - the change in focus because we couldn't see the whole picture NOT playing in the playoffs - if that makes any sense. So... lesson learned for the organization. Obviously us fans haven't caught up with that so much though... but that's why we're out here and there in there!

I mean this with all due respect, Pepp...

I'd give anything to be able to jump into your head and just poke around for a bit. Really.

Salvador was the 2nd or 3rd best defenseman for the Devils last night. Greene really wasn't that bad either. I know after an emotional loss somebody has to be complained about though and picking on the guy who hasn't been good almost all seasons is pretty easy.

Did you watch the post-game show? They highlighted another one of Andy Greene's mistakes that lead to the SH goal. Instead of just dumping the puck in up the boards (like you are taught when you are mite hockey) he tried to be fancy and lift a puck on his backhand in to the corner. Well he lifted it on his backhand as if he were still playing mite hockey and up the ice went Gomez and the rest is history. He has done nothing at all this season to impress me or to warrant playing in the playoffs. Put Vish or Rachunek in.

Did you watch the post-game show? They highlighted another one of Andy Greene's mistakes that lead to the SH goal. Instead of just dumping the puck in up the boards (like you are taught when you are mite hockey) he tried to be fancy and lift a puck on his backhand in to the corner. Well he lifted it on his backhand as if he were still playing mite hockey and up the ice went Gomez and the rest is history. He has done nothing at all this season to impress me or to warrant playing in the playoffs. Put Vish or Rachunek in.

No sorry, I was driving home from the game. The fact that he made 1 of a series of mistakes that led to a goal doesn't mean he had a horrible game. Rosival turned that puck over to Brylin for the Rangers but since it didn't go in the net people aren't all over him for that play. Seriously, if Marty doesn't make a much bigger mistake there then nobody even remembers that play by Greene. I'm looking at his overall game last night where he made a few good defensive play and moved the puck well offensively. He still wasn't perfect but he played pretty well. I wanted VV to play over Greene last night anyway, but that doesn't mean Greene didn't play pretty well last night and one mistake of a bunch that led to the second goal doesn't change that.

That was painfully obvious from Section 10. In fact, I was bitching to my father as the puck came back up the ice, and before the goal, that if anything happened it was on Greene. He's horrible.

No sorry, I was driving home from the game. The fact that he made 1 of a series of mistakes that led to a goal doesn't mean he had a horrible game. Rosival turned that puck over to Brylin for the Rangers but since it didn't go in the net people aren't all over him for that play. Seriously, if Marty doesn't make a much bigger mistake there then nobody even remembers that play by Greene. I'm looking at his overall game last night where he made a few good defensive play and moved the puck well offensively. He still wasn't perfect but he played pretty well. I wanted VV to play over Greene last night anyway, but that doesn't mean Greene didn't play pretty well last night and one mistake of a bunch that led to the second goal doesn't change that.

We were on a power play!!! One extra man to find. Do not give the puck up in the attacking zone.

Why was he not staying with Callahan on the far post. Did Gomez need to be covered by three men?

C'mon

GREENE SUCKS!!!

He has cost us more games and I have not seen an improvement in his game at all.

Sit his Ass DOWN! :angry:

Rachunek's pretty much persona non grata it seems, and Vish and Salvador play the same side. So either you have Greene with his mistakes (and besides the big one, he played solid last night), or you shift Salvador out of his natural position in the middle of a playoff series.

Honestly, I don't know which one is a better idea.

I was hoping we would see Vishnevski in for Greene tomorrow but after reading TG's blog it is looking like Andy Greene is getting his one millionth chance. I really think the physical element Vishnevski brings is perfect for this series. If he connects on one huge open ice hit, he could change the momentum of a game or even the series. It would keep guys like Gomez and Dawes something to think about in the back of their heads.

I was hoping we would see Vishnevski in for Greene tomorrow but after reading TG's blog it is looking like Andy Greene is getting his one millionth chance. I really think the physical element Vishnevski brings is perfect for this series. If he connects on one huge open ice hit, he could change the momentum of a game or even the series. It would keep guys like Gomez and Dawes something to think about in the back of their heads.

Totally agree. Maybe Vishnevski in for Salvador for Game 2 would be a good choice. Vishnevski needs to punish Gomez, Jagr and Avery.

So what IS up with Rachunek? Is he this year's Deron Quint??? Why is he never even considered? He's got more offensive ability than anyone other than Martin and maybe Johnny O, and he's got a big shot. Is his defense any worse than Greene? VV is ok, but considereing how the Rangers are now the new Devils and counter attack extremely well-I'd be afraid of him getting

caught out of position too often-plus Rachunek brings a lot more offense

which is what the Devs desperately need, especially on the PP.