COPYCATS?

msweet

"Look at Brent Sutter," said No. 68. "They attack more with Sutter than they did before. He changed the checking lines, and now [John] Madden plays a more offensive game, because he can do that.

"I think he's a good coach."

Still, for all that, Sutter gave leading goal-scorer Zach Parise (with 32, the only 30-goal man in the series) only 8:46 through two periods on Wednesday.

"Maybe he wanted to keep him fresh for a long series; I don't think that's a bad idea for a coach to do that," said Jagr, a huge smile forming on his face. "Unless it would happen to me."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04112008/sport...ats__105995.htm

Why would they ask Jagr why they think the devils coach played parise for <9min in two periods. They are running out of questions...

Seriously.

"So, Jaromir...uhh...hmm...uhhh...what's your favorite fish?"

From reading that article, it sounds like Brooks is a little annoyed at those who say that the Rangers are playing a Devils-style of hockey and beating them at their own game. He is going through great lengths to say it isn't so. Obviously, being a Rangers fan, it bothers him.

That's what's always funny about reading the Post's sports pages. They are the biggest NY homers around. It's always laughable when they try to pretend they aren't!

Jagr is an idiot. Players are inconsistent - you may make a players EGO feel better changing to suit their particular skill set - but you won't help the team any.

you have 23 or so players all with different skills -- so Jagr - what do you do - you change your approach for each guy... hell lets be realistic - each LINE?

"Vhy Noo - you fit zee syztem around you bess player - around me.. I mean... around Scott Gomez because dat vas der mistake - juss like zay shood have beelt around Shannahan back in zee dey."

:doh1: BRILLIANT! And you all wonder (red) why I dont want a superstar sniper :rolleyes:

"vat ees zat - zat qveshun? My favoreet feesh - eef der vas a Jagr feesh zoh - zat be my favorite - it be bess moss tender feesh"

Edited by Pepperkorn

i hope to God that the Rangers will suck uncontrolably next year when they change goalie pad sizes

Unlike changing rules to only affect Marty, do you seriously think the league will change any rules that will affect Queen Henrietta?

I, for one, don't.

Unlike changing rules to only affect Marty, do you seriously think the league will change any rules that will affect Queen Henrietta?

I, for one, don't.

The only reason I think they will is because the league loves the o-ffense. If it means more goals, I think they'd shave the pads down.

Then they would make all goalies named Brodeur play without pads. (Sorry Mike Brodeur...)

I, for one, don't.

They already reduced goalie pad size once, and the only difference I noticed was that catching gloves were smaller. The league is a joke. Before you know it, goalies will be wearing the same chest protectors as indoor lacrosse goalies.

529.jpg

Jagr is an idiot. Players are inconsistent - you may make a players EGO feel better changing to suit their particular skill set - but you won't help the team any.

you have 23 or so players all with different skills -- so Jagr - what do you do - you change your approach for each guy... hell lets be realistic - each LINE?

"Vhy Noo - you fit zee syztem around you bess player - around me.. I mean... around Scott Gomez because dat vas der mistake - juss like zay shood have beelt around Shannahan back in zee dey."

:doh1: BRILLIANT! And you all wonder (red) why I dont want a superstar sniper :rolleyes:

"vat ees zat - zat qveshun? My favoreet feesh - eef der vas a Jagr feesh zoh - zat be my favorite - it be bess moss tender feesh"

Good job! I can actually picture Jagr saying that. :D