GDT - Devils at NY Rangers 7 PM; Game 3

NJDevs4978

the devils had every reason to quit in this game. horsesh!t call on vishnevski, nonsense call on salvador (i've seen that called, the NHL has to fix that) - and then avery scores. every reason to quit and they didn't.

zubrus with a monster game even though he recorded no points. elias scoring a goal. not all the goals were pretty but they were goals - HENRIK IS SOLVABLE - both PP goals were examples of switching up the formation a little.

Lundqvist plays far too deep in his net, I hope the coaches realize this and show the boys what to do.

We can really exploit this weakness, a perfect example was Elias' goal.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I AM NOT SORRY FOR THIS DOUBLE POST!

F Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnnie Madden! clap clap!

clap-clap-clap!

clap-clap-clap!

clap-clap-clap!

clap-clap-clap!

clap-clap-clap!

That was an awesome victory. You know fans always joke about refs calling a game for one team but after three games I don't even know anymore. I honestly don't. I am sure the NHL would hate for us to ruin their second round dream matchups:

Montreal - New York

Pittsburgh - Washington

What Avery did was incredibly smart but bush league to the full extent. I am sure the NHL will step in fast before more players adopt these methods, although I doubt anyone would sink that low.

Huge props to Oduya and Martin. And of course John Madden who is becoming the leader on the ice.

Marty played solid, but it seems to be the same problems over and over again. He can make the incredible stops, but he really has trouble with the band angle shots and the quick turn around shots that seem to completely surprise him. It seems he is good to give up one of thise every game.

Win the next one and we have home ice back.

just a sidenote, but langenbrunner is having a really terrible series. so bad in fact that i have to think he might be injured.

I was thinking the same thing during the second period. He looks very frustrated and is handling the biscuit like it's a time bomb.

just a sidenote, but langenbrunner is having a really terrible series. so bad in fact that i have to think he might be injured.

tri - i don't think he's injured. he's just not particularly fast and that shows vs. the rangers who are.

i was going to call out gionta for being a complete no show but he got his groove in the 3rd - didn't cash in, but had some nice chances.

as for the GWG, its about time the Devils get one of those. I've seen too many goals against Brodeur in the same fashion.

don't forget that fvcker waved off sarge's goal...

damn miracle the nimrods in toronto reversed it, you know they were looking at every possible angle to negate it...

Good man, I'm glad you brought it up.

I do agree that they were trying to negate it, but I think the reason they didn't was because it was a national broadcast, and with the history this season of Toronto wiping out four legit goals by the Devils, they HAD to give it to us.

IMO there was nothing to review, it was a legit goal.

I do agree that they were trying to negate it, but I think the reason they didn't was because it was a national broadcast, and with the history this season of Toronto wiping out four legit goals by the Devils, they HAD to give it to us.

i totally agree...if they had disallowed that goal we would have had to charge the bastille.

remember the zubrus dis-allowed goal on tim thomas?

hell the other game that puck was over the line on the lundqvist left pad save.

BS call-non calls...phantom icing...damn :angry:

That it took them that long makes me think they almost did screw it up. Sure looked like an own goal. Can they give assists on that type of own goal?

in fairness to the refs, we did get 3 straight PPs in the 2nd period. here i thought we were catching a break.

i still haven't seen a good shot of that penalty on elias - sounded like hogwash to me.

Ref pointed out he was taking one. Then he skated over and took Elias. It was pretty much random.

haha i saw that episode and the only reason i watched it was because it had devils hockey in it

i love it how chris drury tells him to stop and play

avery sucks

best episode ever man. did you know that David Puddy(Patrick Warburton) was born in paterson? Only fitting that he plays a devils fan ;]

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil