JOHN FVCKIN MADDEN

HellOnICE

Seriously, just hang his number in the rafters after tonight. That was one of the single most courageous, snarly and dominating two-way efforts from a Devils forward I've seen in a postseason game since the heyday of Claude Lemieux.

As someone who has taken him for granted in the past, I'm honored and awed.

<JESTER>

i think you can forget about the rotating A's - at least Madden's. I don't know that you can take it from Jamie - nor would I advocate having 3 captains in 3 years, but he's showed the fire all season long. you can tell that he hates to lose just as much as any fan.

i think back to that scene in the awful move "fever pitch" where after the red sox got blown out by the Yanks, jimmy fallon sees some Sox players casually eating dinner and laughing after the game. you actually hear about this thing all the time. most players really do get jaded by the game and see it more as work and don't take it so personally. you just know that john madden doesn't sleep after losses.

i do love the guy.

i think you can forget about the rotating A's - at least Madden's. I don't know that you can take it from Jamie - nor would I advocate having 3 captains in 3 years, but he's showed the fire all season long. you can tell that he hates to lose just as much as any fan.

i think back to that scene in the awful move "fever pitch" where after the red sox got blown out by the Yanks, jimmy fallon sees some Sox players casually eating dinner and laughing after the game. you actually hear about this thing all the time. most players really do get jaded by the game and see it more as work and don't take it so personally. you just know that john madden doesn't sleep after losses.

i do love the guy.

And then next year when Madden has 30 points people will want another captain. Let's face it Marty's the real leader of the team anyway no matter who you put the C on. And Marty also wants to beat the Rangers as bad as any fan that sits in 208 or 233.

It is nice to see Madden step up though, he hasn't been this good in the playoffs since 2003.

Please excuse me for the triple post, but ...

Johnnie Madden! clap clap!

clap-clap-clap!

clap-clap-clap!

clap-clap-clap!

clap-clap-clap!

clap-clap-clap!

It is nice to see Madden step up though, he hasn't been this good in the playoffs since 2003.

i don't know that that's entirely fair - you're remembering a lot of last year when he played against the two best lines in hockey. there wasn't much he could do (and as i recall, julien started egg against lecavallier in the beginning of that series before he got wise).

i don't know that that's entirely fair - you're remembering a lot of last year when he played against the two best lines in hockey. there wasn't much he could do (and as i recall, julien started egg against lecavallier in the beginning of that series before he got wise).

julien didn't coach in the playoffs. remember? haha.

anyway yeah the system lou implemented didn't give madden much ability to do anything. this year he's been able to forecheck more and the results have been there. 2007-08 was probably his best full season as a devil.

Edited by Triumph

julien didn't coach in the playoffs. remember? haha.

anyway yeah the system lou implemented didn't give madden much ability to do anything. this year he's been able to forecheck more and the results have been there. 2007-08 was probably his best full season as a devil.

I agree with Tri....I thought Maddog elevated his complete game this year to the point where he had the best season of his career.