NHL Lives opinion on the icing call friday night

Satans Hockey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QWwjcP-Av4

I don't know if anyone watches or listens to the show but I was just on it and asked about the bad icing call in game 2.

E.J. said he would have sat the officials out for missing that call. He even went on to say that the Langs penalty shouldn't have been a penalty.

Don added in that it was a bad call as well and the fact they put the puck at center ice even hurt the Devils more because it just killed more time off the clock.

I didn't get to ask my other question but I was going to ask them what they thought of the Alexander Radulov goal that was waived off early in the 1st period of game 2 in the wings-preds series.

Edited by Satans Hockey

eh, i would have sat the ref who blew the whistle on the non icing. Once it's blown thats it, nothing you can do about it. The fact that they placed it at center ice was fine, thats the rule and I don't think the other 3 officials should be punished for doing what they are supposed too. whether or not thats how the rule should be defined is irrelevant to what the officials should do.

I don't know if anyone watches or listens to the show but I was just on it and asked about the bad icing call in game 2.

E.J. said he would have sat the officials out for missing that call. He even went on to say that the Langs penalty shouldn't have been a penalty.

Don added in that it was a bad call as well and the fact they put the puck at center ice even hurt the Devils more because it just killed more time off the clock.

I didn't get to ask my other question but I was going to ask them what they thought of the Alexander Radulov goal that was waived off early in the 1st period of game 2 in the wings-preds series.

Just heard your question asked on NHL Live! on the NHL Network channel :koolaid: where they have the repeat of earlier today's show. I agree with E.J. as well on what he said to your question and the Langenbrunner penalty was not a penalty. Just a bad call. Don also agreed and these guys sound like they like the Devils here.

EJ Hradek just scored a lot of points with me for acknowledging the non-icing call AND the bad call on Langenbrunner. "If that's a penalty, we should just stop playing hockey." DAMN RIGHT, LET EM PLAY. If we're gonna lose, it better be fair. That was bullsh!t.

What bugs me is that it just continued into game 3. No attempt to even things up like they do when the Devils get a soso call. I felt like the Devils got a few calls in their favor after that non-goal Pando put home a few years ago and no one reviewed or questioned.

This time nothing in the Devils favor. they even tried to waive off Brylin's goal -- I mean WTF. It really is enough to make you cry - I got that angry choking back of tears of fury feeling watching last game. Shannahan owns the zebras is near as I can think.. it's like it's his retirement present -- Guys just let me beat the Devils before I go out -- EDIT fvck YOU! you slimeball wife humping self-righteous lowlife wannabe reputable fvck! you're a dumb selfish prick with no fvcking morals. may you have a lifetime of emptiness in every fvcking victory you think you've ferretted out for yourself. Overly white fvcking rabbit-toothed cocksucker! Does avery like it when you scrape those bad boys across it just a little? I wanna beat his fvcking turncoat non-system comprehending fvcked head in!

I mean... his mother..

is made

of

play-dough <_<

Edited by Pepperkorn

OK so we are all pretty bias when it comes to our Devils....we are fans right??? Well I have watched all three games with buddies who are fans of other teams. That includes one kind of ex-Rags fan. They all agree....the refs are calling BS penalties on the Devils. They have to create sh!t like Langs or even Parise's hooking call I think it was. What about the cross check infront of the net (forget who got that one). There was no freaking stick involvement, so how is that a cross check. You mean to say the rules now allow an opposing player to stand infront of the goal and you can't touch him....if your a Devil???

Toronto needs to take a serious look at these games. Theyneed to decide if this is how hockey games are supposed to be called!!!

Toronto needs to take a serious look at these games. They need to decide if this is how hockey games are supposed to be called.

...exactally. I'll go a step further, I'd like to see some disciplinary action taken on the officials from Game 2. Everyone continues to bring up the icing call, (because that was the most glaring) but what about the phantom Lang penalty, the crosscheck at the end of the game on Parise, the crosscheck to the FACE of Parsie, the hook on Martin, the faceoff @ center ice after the icing, etc... :noclue: You could go on and on. For Ranger fans (now) to sit and say: "Hey look, you had the lucky calls in Game 3 so now we're even" is comical. Game 2 was a joke, period!

Edited by Beezer34

...exactally. I'll go a step further, I'd like to see some disciplinary action taken on the officials from Game 2. Everyone continues to bring up the icing call, (because that was the most glaring) but what about the phantom Lang penalty, the crosscheck at the end of the game on Parise, the crosscheck to the FACE of Parsie, the hook on Martin, the faceoff @ center ice after the icing, etc... :noclue: You could go on and on. For Ranger fans (now) to sit and say: "Hey look, you had the lucky calls in Game 3 so now we're even" is comical. Game 2 was a joke, period!

The crosscheck to Parise's face was called. It was a double-minor for high-sticking.

There was nothing the officials can do about the faceoff at center ice because the rule says if the refs mess up an icing call the faceoff is at center ice.

Maybe he is saying that it should have been a 5 minute major instead of a double minor? :noclue: I'm not really sure what he means either.

I guess, but it really wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be. It wasn't like Parise was just dawdling around and then all of a sudden Backman comes out of nowhere and bashes him in the face with his stick. The way I see it, Backman was trying to prevent getting run over by Parise and unfortunately Parise's face was at same height as Backman's torso/stomach area so he got clipped in the face.